any deaf scuba divers there?

Gallaudet's former president I. K Jordan is cerfitcated scuba diver and he would teach one class sometime during summer time.

Beep him up if youre interested.

My dive buddy and I will be going to Bonaire for 8 days vacation (dive trip). We went there last year and absolutely fell in love with that little island. It's right above South America but it's owned by the Netherlands. I am not sure if yall know about Bonaire but it's divers' paradise! It truly is and their license plate says so!

Here is the link - a map of Bonaire's dive sites: Dive and Tour Map - Bonaire Marine Park

Those dive sites are basically shore diving. You just rent a truck (they even have tank rack available for all trucks to rent out) and drive up to one of the sites, then dive!

:wave: Another AOW scuba diver here from south florida :wave:

I wish there is a sticky post for scuba divers. (Alex is it possible??)

Anyway..... my goal is becoming DM one day.

LittleSnapper.png

Interpreter & dive course

If you are Deaf or H/H and in the Toronto, Ontario area and would like to learn to scuba dive there is a full weekend course opening up for April 13-14 2013 and it will be fully ASL interpreted.
If you are interested let me know here or send me a private message.
Deafdiver

We are 2 deaf divers couple that would love to meet and dive with other deaf divers.
We have a liveaboard dive cruise trip booked for next Dec 21-28 2013 on the Explorer Venture in the Turks and Caicos.
If you book it before Jan 31 you get $500 off per person from the normal rate.
So we are saving $1000 for couple.
We would like to invite other deaf divers to join us so that we have more fun being able to sign with.
If you or any other deaf are interested please let us know here or P.M.
Here is some info about the live aboard Explorer Venture
Explorer Ventures: Adventures in Liveaboard Diving
Explorer Ventures Liveaboard Diving: Specials

scuba.jpg Hi :wave: I am not deaf, but I am hoh. I love to scuba. I've often thought about how much fun it would be to dive with others who know ASL. One friend I dive with likes to sign underwater, but he only knows basic ocean and sea life signs. Still, I like diving with him more than others because at least we can communicate a little more than others underwater.

I live in CA, but the water is so cold here, I don't really like diving in it. So I make a point to travel somewhere warm every year. I love to dive in Hawaii! I have also gone to Florida and Mexico. I'd like to get to the Bahamas one day and also Fiji. :P

Attachments

• Scuba 2.jpg
    Scuba 2.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Scuba 3.jpg
    Scuba 3.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 2
No plm! I will try to set one up someday :).. I am planning on taking more classes for advance diving course next summer, hopefully to become divemaster to become an indrustor someday :)

Whenever i know many deafies who go scuba.. we can just set a good date, etc.. whatever..

I would so want to come if you guys set one up!!!! :applause: I have been to cacozumel as well as Cancun, and I have to say I thought diving and everything much better in Cocozumel. Cancun as a town also scetchy and a little scary. Just my experience though. Cacozumel, relaxing, not so many obnixious teenagers as in Cancun haha

I really want to do it, but I'm afraid with my profound loss that I might lose the rest of my hearing. I've researched it and you can get more ear infections.

I just can't risk it at this point in time. However, if I lose the rest of it, I'll be the first one in the water.

I currently use a custom made mold for swimming so I don't get water in my ear. It seems to work well and now I go under water again(after 20 something years).

We are 2 deaf divers couple that would love to meet and dive with other deaf divers.
We have a liveaboard dive cruise trip booked for next Dec 21-28 2013 on the Explorer Venture in the Turks and Caicos.

Ahh, I see you are doing a cruise. Nevermind. I love to scuba dive, but I am scared to death of cruise ships! :Ohno:

Hey divers!
Im from bay area ca. Been certified since 2000 and loving it. My favorite dive spot is Superman flight on St. Lucia island.
Happy to know tthere are other divers who know asl!

I was scuba certified (NAUI) in 1990's, but haven't dive since then. I went to Hawaii for diving and Grand Cayman Island (twice). I still remember all safety procedures that I learned from the class.

I'm still laughing over the underwater lesson with class - they (including instructor) all staring at us with jealous that my friends and I were able to chatting underwater. The instructor would tell us not to talk at anytime we are underwater.

I've been to Key West one.

Fascinating experience. Saw some old pirate ship wreck underwater as well as beautiful reefs.

Back