any advice would be wonderful!

Wow, that is really incredible! I'm glad you wrote to the manager.

That said - you may know that Border's is going out of business. They are having HUGE sales on all their books. Might be worth a look at their web-site and see if they have any books on special needs children (or anything else, for that matter), and score yourself some bargains.

Maybe the Barnes and Noble lady thought that with Border's going out of business, B&N's own business will pick up. She might find herself out of a job, though, if that manager really chooses to act on your complaint.

yeah!
i never go to this location though..but it had the 1 book i wanted..pff. never again. ill stick with my usual location!

oh, last week, i went to pick up a book i had ordered about disabled kids right? well, this ancient crone was too busy flirting with this young guy and i ended up standing there for 15 minutes..anyways, when she finally turned to me, i asked if she had any books on parenting deaf children and she got snotty and said "well, we only carry the books on the adhd kids because deaf kids arent as big of a problem"...then i just asked where the damn special needs section was and she refused to just tell me, she got all huffy and told me to follow her so that "next time i could just go straight to it".
this has NEVER happened to me before..i was like..what crawled up your ass and died, lady?? and why would you say that to me in the first place? granted, i didnt say this..but i wanted to! i wrote barnes and noble and the manager called and apologized, but i will never go to that location again, thats for sure.

She has no business working with the public!:roll:

oh no, he was flat our arguing with me, unfortunately. that is the one who trotted out autism before seeing his chart..that is the popular diagnosis these days, i guess.

Unfortunately, autism and ADD/ADHD. Truthfully, no general practice pediatrician, or any GP for that matter, should be diagnosing disorders like that.

that's because I'm left handed and I'm always right, jillio

LOL! Sounds like something one of my nieces used to say when she was annoyed. She would hold her left hand out, palm facing you and say, "Talk to the left because you ain't right!":lol:

Unfortunately, autism and ADD/ADHD. Truthfully, no general practice pediatrician, or any GP for that matter, should be diagnosing disorders like that.

oh i know it! and it was so off the cuff..so many people are over diagnosed, in my opinion, because its easier to jump on the bandwagon.
it only serves to hurt the truly afflicted, who dont get the care they need in a timely manner because the doctors offices are being flooded with people who really dont need to be there.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

He's a beautiful child. Boys can be beautiful, you know. He must melt your heart. :)

oh i know it! and it was so off the cuff..so many people are over diagnosed, in my opinion, because its easier to jump on the bandwagon.
it only serves to hurt the truly afflicted, who dont get the care they need in a timely manner because the doctors offices are being flooded with people who really dont need to be there.

You are preaching to the choir on that one!:P

i personally think its encouraged by drug companies too..seriously, now days, everyone has some sort of disorder and is on medicine for it. yes, there are people who really need it but ive seen so many kids/adults who were "autistic" that clearly were not. 15 years ago, it was adhd this and adhd that. (i am in NO WAY picking on people who really are autistic)

yep...i was pretty much floored. but not as floored as when the dr told me yesterday..once again..that hes "too healthy looking" to have any real delays. i guess the medical records are just for my own amusement..pff. i keep hearing that and its getting old..oh and the roundabout asking if i did drugs while pregnant..i would rather them just come out with it instead of beating around the bush! but no, this lady wants him to just "try" solid food without me around, at the school..totally ignoring the fact that he cant chew it..idiots.

Frankiesmom, maybe a university hospital or contact an orgionazation like United Cerebal Palsy? They tend to be more experianced with more complex disabilty.
Shel, I know you mean well, but isn't your school more experianced with relatively mild issues? Feeding therapy is really unusual.

Frankiesmom, does he have scattered skills? Like he's not a severe or profound mentally handicapped kid right? Like is he strong in some areas, but weak in others? It's also possible that he may have underlying issues, that when they're resolved could improve his development.

really? why not?

Fuzzy

Back