Another recall for AB

and this is why I'm confident with my decision to go with cochlear when I qualify for a CI

After a simple google search... AB pretty much has recalls every year or two...

So that tells me one thing: People actually don't do research on what implants to get... Because AB is like the 2nd in market share..

After a simple google search... AB pretty much has recalls every year or two...

So that tells me one thing: People actually don't do research on what implants to get... Because AB is like the 2nd in market share..

Yeah, and I think there are only 3 to choose from, right?

That's pretty much the reason why I went with cochlear too.

I didn't trust AB. And I didn't want to go through another surgery again over a recall. All it matters to me that it does the job.

Wirelessly posted

i chose ab for my daughter and i am still completely confident in my choice. They recalled the devices to make sure the issue does not happen to other people. It was 2 devices (so far) out of greater than 50,000. Nothing has to be explanted and it is not an issue that is "show up" later. If it doesn't happen in the first few days, your device is fine.

I only had three to choose from and I chose Cochlear based on mainly two things. Time in business/manufacturing and ability to control both remotely and directly. I'm VERY happy with my choice. Also, so far only one that you can go swimming with or in the shower but admittedly, cant swim under water or have steady direct stream on it and as far as I know only one with directional microphones, I.E. two microphones and some fancy electronics.

I echo what ramp just said. those were pretty much my reason's in going with Cochlear corp! I am pleased with my decision. I sure would hate to have been one of those 2 people who are experiencing issues with their implant.:shock:

Wirelessly posted

i chose ab for my daughter and i am still completely confident in my choice. They recalled the devices to make sure the issue does not happen to other people. It was 2 devices (so far) out of greater than 50,000. Nothing has to be explanted and it is not an issue that is "show up" later. If it doesn't happen in the first few days, your device is fine.

Just 2 out of 50 thou? Where did you find that info?

from the article "This action is being taken in response to two instances thus far where the product experienced a rare malfunction requiring explantation"

I think she got the 50,000 worldwide from AB website

Still, I felt that some cochlear companies like to experiment to make their product better. I wanted a company that make their product reliable and safe as long as it works.

Wirelessly posted

Tousi said:
Wirelessly posted

Just 2 out of 50 thou? Where did you find that info?

from AB, this morning.

Wirelessly posted

recalls in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, and 2010.. Oh yeah, only 2 issues.

Edit to add this:
in the article posted:
This action is being taken in response to two instances thus far where the product experienced a rare malfunction requiring explantation.

He's obviously brainwashed by the CI company and the hearing society. What other possible explanations are there? :D

Hehe, I just didn't understand the line......mentions one of three brands of implants, AB and then says "CI". Is CI one of the other two brands? To me he's saying "cochlear implant" so that's where I saw the line not making any sense.

He's obviously brainwashed by the CI company and the hearing society. What other possible explanations are there? :D

Hehe, I just didn't understand the line......mentions one of three brands of implants, AB and then says "CI". Is CI one of the other two brands? To me he's saying "cochlear implant" so that's where I saw the line not making any sense.

It's a she. We have many mutual friends :)

?? Makes sense to me. Sounds like WHEN she gets the CI, she will choose AB brand.

Back