Another Guitar Performance

Defmusicman

Reaction score
Hey guys,

After 3 years on acousitic and electric guitar, I made my debut on bass guitar at the Music Masters Band Camp two weeks ago. The audience gave me a rousing "welcome back" after a long layoff for chemotherapy and radiation treatment. I played with the band and performed a rocking renedition of Bob Seger's "Still The Same". I had a blast and look forward to having the opportunity one day to perform for deaf and hearing audiences alike.

That's great, dude! I just listened to "Still The Same" on YouTube and I like it.

Would be cool to see you perform live. :)

That's great, dude! I just listened to "Still The Same" on YouTube and I like it.

Would be cool to see you perform live. :)

Thanks, Alex. If I could figure out how to upload the video of my performance to YouTube I would. But I do not know much about how to do that. I guess I'm still a cave man. :)

It's nice to see another deaf musician out there. I'm starting to teach myself how to play the electric cello. :)

Hey guys,

After 3 years on acousitic and electric guitar, I made my debut on bass guitar at the Music Masters Band Camp two weeks ago. The audience gave me a rousing "welcome back" after a long layoff for chemotherapy and radiation treatment. I played with the band and performed a rocking renedition of Bob Seger's "Still The Same". I had a blast and look forward to having the opportunity one day to perform for deaf and hearing audiences alike.

Is your band loud enough for me to hear? cause when we had a DJ at our wedding I couldn't hear a damn thing....

Thanks, Alex. If I could figure out how to upload the video of my performance to YouTube I would. But I do not know much about how to do that. I guess I'm still a cave man. :)
Was the video transferred to your computer? If so, you just sign up on YouTube, then upload your video and make sure you select to share with the public so you can post it here.

It's nice to see another deaf musician out there. I'm starting to teach myself how to play the electric cello. :)
That's cool. There are several musicians on AD. Some of them are: Me, you, Defmusicman, WHAT!?!?!?, guido, deafdrummer (?), and a few others. :)

That's cool. There are several musicians on AD. Some of them are: Me, you, Defmusicman, WHAT!?!?!?, guido, deafdrummer (?), and a few others. :)

It's rockdrummer. :whistle:

Was the video transferred to your computer? If so, you just sign up on YouTube, then upload your video and make sure you select to share with the public so you can post it here.

I tried but when playing the video on my computer it plays in WinDVD and there's no button to click on that would let me transfer the video to my computer then YouTube. I am puzzled.

Yeah, it would be cool if we could all get together and jam. Rockdrummer on drums and you(Alex) and Guido on guitar and me on bass. Ahhhh..we can dream, huh?

Is your band loud enough for me to hear? cause when we had a DJ at our wedding I couldn't hear a damn thing....

Oh, we are loud enough!!! It was a professional group of musicians that I played with and it's not my band, unfortunately. But I do hope to have a band together within a year and I would be happy to come and play for any group party or wedding, etc. So keep your fingers crossed.
Congratulations on your wedding, by the way!

Hello morbid-mongoose. Great to have another deaf/hh musician on this forum. I am impressed that you are learning to play the cello because it's a fretless instrument. It's a real challenge for anyone so I wish you luck and hope you have a blast!! Let us know how you progress and what you're working on. Welcome!!

Hello morbid-mongoose. Great to have another deaf/hh musician on this forum. I am impressed that you are learning to play the cello because it's a fretless instrument. It's a real challenge for anyone so I wish you luck and hope you have a blast!! Let us know how you progress and what you're working on. Welcome!!

Thanks! People think I'm a little off my rocker teaching myself to play the electric cello as I'm going deaf, but I'm in love with how it sounds. And on the bright side, if I never improve, I won't be able to hear it in a few years. :lol:

Thanks! People think I'm a little off my rocker teaching myself to play the electric cello as I'm going deaf, but I'm in love with how it sounds. And on the bright side, if I never improve, I won't be able to hear it in a few years. :lol:

Hey, as long as you're having fun and learning something new, that's all that matters. Go for it!

We should put together the AD band. That is if you guys would allow a hearing drummer in your band. I would be honered!

Oh, we are loud enough!!! It was a professional group of musicians that I played with and it's not my band, unfortunately. But I do hope to have a band together within a year and I would be happy to come and play for any group party or wedding, etc. So keep your fingers crossed.
Congratulations on your wedding, by the way!

Aw Thanks Defmusicman...I do hope you will have a band together soon too, looking forwarding hearing and watching you guys play..

interesting... my dad used to be whatever he was but he loved guitars. but he stopped for some reasons...

Back