Another brilliant idea?

RiverSong

Reaction score
Florida lawmakers are debating whether or not those with concealed carry permits will be allowed to have their firearms on state college campuses. Now I am all for concealed carry as a means of legitimate self defense, but let's exam the intelligence or lack thereof in this decision... Call me crazy, but I am not exactly thrilled that my psychopathic ex boyfriend turned stalker can walk onto campus with his gun. No, I can't get a restraining order because in the words of local police "until he hurts you or kills you we can't help you" but even if I did have one, it's only a PIECE OF PAPER. Why are lawmakers attempting to make violence on a mass scale that much easier for violent psychopaths/sociopaths and other people with a propensity for violence?!

I hate to break it to you but your psychopathic ex-boyfriend can come onto campus with a gun right now. If he has murder on the mind do you really think that a law against carrying on campus would stop him?

he needs few days in jail restraining order..the guns laws make no difference he use other methods..The cops could do something you got prove he stalker that can be done..i know I not American but my brother is and he been in and out of jail stalking one of his psycho habits...start by making diary every time you see him time and place witness if pos,have phone in hand and direct 911..let friends family know where you are and an idea how long it take you get from AtoB route you taking also keep key in hand heal punch to creeps nose..phone cops up each time you see him,it may piss them off but your call be logged..if you deaf then you more vulnerable person in this situation..

Thank you for your ideas.
I should've waited a few hours after learning about the possibility of firearms on campus instead of posting right away. While I am concerned about people who were in my life, I am much more concerned about guns being around minors. We are a dual enrollment campus, we also have a public library and it is because that there are often young children around I would be worried if a parent failed to watch their child and the child got ahold of someone's gun. I know that this is an unlimited scenario but it does worry me. My professor has expressed worry due to my hearing loss because she knows I may not hear if someone was intent on causing harm. I am an education major and I have heard of many people, parents, teachers, administrators etcetera who worry that this is a bad decision.
I will wait to see what becoming of this. :wave:

a crack pot intent on hurting people is something society at large at risk from but your gun laws are quite something else that come down to American using free speech and the vote to change things like this...Anti gun lobbey got be more vocal

Thank you for your ideas.
I should've waited a few hours after learning about the possibility of firearms on campus instead of posting right away. While I am concerned about people who were in my life, I am much more concerned about guns being around minors. We are a dual enrollment campus, we also have a public library and it is because that there are often young children around I would be worried if a parent failed to watch their child and the child got ahold of someone's gun. I know that this is an unlimited scenario but it does worry me. My professor has expressed worry due to my hearing loss because she knows I may not hear if someone was intent on causing harm. I am an education major and I have heard of many people, parents, teachers, administrators etcetera who worry that this is a bad decision.
I will wait to see what becoming of this. :wave:
The truth is, if some malcontent wants to shoot up a campus, he can do it now or anytime without waiting for a law to be passed that allows licensed people to bring a concealed gun on campus. People who want to harm others don't care what the law is. By allowing licensed people to carry guns on campus at least there might be a chance for the law-abiding people to shoot back at the law-breakers on a more equal level. Otherwise, it will be only the law-breakers who will carry guns on campus, and everyone else will be sitting ducks.

Senate subcommittee clears firearms on campus bill

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Monday night, the Florida Senate Criminal Justice Committee cleared a bill 3-to-2 that will allow students with concealed weapons permits to bring firearms on campus.

The idea of guns on state university campuses is something a lot of people have mixed feelings about. In fact, the initial round on this proposal only narrowly moved forward.

The guns on school grounds came into the spotlight again last November after a shooter opened fire inside the Strozier library at Florida State University.

The gunman shot three people before being shot and killed by police.

Since then, some students with concealed weapons permits have rallied for carrying guns on campus for self-defense.

Florida law currently has a list of places where firearms are prohibited including courtrooms, polling locations and university campuses.

The bill, which still has a ways before making it to the floor, has been dubbed the “guns on campus bill”.

It would alter the Florida law deleting the portion that mentions state universities.

http://www.mynews13.com/content/news...ommittee_.html

Back