another audiogram...

hmm ya my t coil is automatic...maybe that is the problem.. ill ask my audi on friday to do that thans skullchick:)

hmm ya my t coil is automatic...maybe that is the problem.. ill ask my audi on friday to do that thans skullchick:)

Np and don't listen if audi said "it won't makes any diff" or anything against about manual switch to telecoil idea cuz I've seen it with my own eyes (jason ha is automatic so phone doesn't work well for him until he try manual switch option poof it work perfectly)

So I just finished at my appt..my audi isn't very happy..I had a 35 dB drop in some of the frequencies...ill post my audiogram when I can...the lowest is at 80 dB in my left at 250 Hz...I am going to the ENT on monday and they r gonna try steroids for a week to see if it bring back some of my hearing....

So I just finished at my appt..my audi isn't very happy..I had a 35 dB drop in some of the frequencies...ill post my audiogram when I can...the lowest is at 80 dB in my left at 250 Hz...I am going to the ENT on monday and they r gonna try steroids for a week to see if it bring back some of my hearing....

Wow seem like its getting faster and faster at dropping hearing, is it in both ear? Honestly I wouldn't try steroids if its genetic hearing loss because its highly likely it won't work and I heard its very very painful. How much of a loss can your hearing aids handle? Like up to severe or whatever

My ha's still have more room and my audi thinks it may be autoimmune so I'm going to see an ENT on monday and discuss the steroid issue

I know we talked about this already earlier...but I am posting here too!

I have an Alertmaster system. It includes an alarm clock, door bell, and sound detector. I have the main reciever in my bedroom which includes a bed shaker and a lamp is attached to it that flashes. Then I have another receiver in my living room which flashes a light. My fire alarm is seperate and has a strobe light in it. I have been told it is ridiculously loud too...but I am also ridiculously Deaf so I have never heard it!

I payed for it all myself. ADP will cover part of a VCO phone for you though, that maybe good for you. That way you can use relay to read what people are saying and you can also speak to them yourself. It's like captioning for the phone. Some TTY's have VCO too.

Take a look at ADP. They do cover some assistive devices.

so here is my new audiogram:
right side--------Left side
250----70dB-----80dB
500----60dB-----75dB
1k-----55dB------70dB
b/w----60dB-----75dB
2k-----60dB------70dB
b/w----65dB-----70dB
4k-----60dB------75db
b/w----65dB-----70dB
8k-----70dB------70dB

Alicia,

I have an Alertmaster 6000 system as well. I've had mine for a number of years and it was paid for by VR. You may want to look into that if you have a case open with a rehabilitation agency.

so here is my new audiogram:
right side--------Left side
250----70dB-----80dB
500----60dB-----75dB
1k-----55dB------70dB
b/w----60dB-----75dB
2k-----60dB------70dB
b/w----65dB-----70dB
4k-----60dB------75db
b/w----65dB-----70dB
8k-----70dB------70dB

Wow! So much like mine! Your audiogram from last time was sooo different! 7 mths ago I was sooo much better! I hope they work it out and figure out what it is! <3

My ha's still have more room and my audi thinks it may be autoimmune so I'm going to see an ENT on monday and discuss the steroid issue

Alicia, I'm sorry you've had such a decline in your hearing. I saw my ENT yesterday and he believes I, too, have autoimmune hearing loss. I was originally diagnosed with sudden sensorineural hearing loss, but it progressed so much over the 6 months after onset, that he now thinks AIHL. Make sure you push the ENT for all the options. Many stop after a single course of steroids without pushing the dosage; there are other immunomodulating meds that can also be tried, as well as steroid injections directly into the middle ear.

Best of luck, and keep us posted. :grouphug:

I went to the ENT and he is requesting my records from the childrens hospital i used to go to...He doen't think it's autoimmune since I didn't lose a significant amt of hearing in the first year or two of my hearing loss but instead 4 years later which makes him think it's still genetic and not autoimmune. He didn't think that steroids we're very important so he didn't put me on them.

Alicia,

It's probably just as well that you didn't go on steroids.

After I lost my hearing in 1995, my ENT wanted to put me on Prednisone, but after I heard about the side effects (i.e. depression, mood swings), I said "thanks, but no thanks."

Ya that's what I read too...and depression and stress is one thing I don't need and insomia too...I don't get enough sleep as it is so I'd rather not do the steroid thing...:) I'm hoping I don't have to do any mri or ct's anytime soon...the mri dye crap makes me feel like my insides r burning to a crisp! Lol

Steroids help with inflammation. I really don't see too many adverse reactions to it (so long as you don't put a diabetic on them). But they would help restore some hearing if the cause was inflammatory in nature.

Thanks SteveAud, my ENT thinks it's still genetic and not auto-immune so we'll see what he says after he gets my mri and ct results from a couple years ago from my old ENT

Back