Annoying ignorant hearing people stories

Oh yes! People do...it happened to me when I went to a small key shop to have some keys made...the elderly man behind the counter said..."ur deaf? My brother is deaf, he can't speak."....He then made the keys, came back and was figuring up what I owed him.(on a note pad)...(not using a calculator or the cash register)....and was over charging me about 6 dollars!...I called him up on it...he said, "Oh I'm sorry....refigured it again, and it was still wrong!...I got really frustrated and said..."what's the matter? can't you add?"!!...After 3 tries, he got it right, and there was a cash register and a calculator right beside him!.....I've never been back there since.

ha, I've had stupid ( I'd say the word but will not! ) tell me something as if it were fact knowing full well what they were telling me wasn't the truth. The person is aware that they are doing this on purpose, I just say...hm, I don't believe that and I'll smirk and walk off. It's happened so many times that sometimes even if a hearie is telling me the truth I'll still question it or ask "why?" and dig. You know....there's a difference between being "slow" which I'm far from and Deaf. There is no link between those two :laugh2:. It's more hurtful when someone tries to pull one over on me thinking I'm too stupid to know any better. What they don't know is that....I KNOW. :D People who try to take advantage of you because you are Deaf...what a sad lot.

Oh, here we go:

YouTube comments: You lost a lot of hearing, how did you learn how to write and stuff?

The Subway fifteen minutes away has the rudest employees ever. That's why I normally go to the mall. But the power went out during a storm so we had to go somewhere to get food since cooking clearly wasn't an option. I was in the middle of getting my sandwich made while my dad was at the cashier. He was looking at me and I thought he was about to ask what sandwich I got, since that usually happens. So I tell him and then he's like "No, drink" and doing the little drink motion (I say motion and not sign because I don't know ASL and neither does he) and the two guys there started laughing. Oh, I'd watch that if I were you, you got some things I could make fun of to your face too... and it wouldn't be pretty.

Same thing happened when I went to hillbilly grocery store two minutes away. Cashier kept saying something and I couldn't understand. Finally, I just said "I don't understand. I'm hearing impaired" and she did that chuckling thing too.

Oh snap, I missed the joke in this.

Oh, here we go:

YouTube comments: You lost a lot of hearing, how did you learn how to write and stuff?

The Subway fifteen minutes away has the rudest employees ever. That's why I normally go to the mall. But the power went out during a storm so we had to go somewhere to get food since cooking clearly wasn't an option. I was in the middle of getting my sandwich made while my dad was at the cashier. He was looking at me and I thought he was about to ask what sandwich I got, since that usually happens. So I tell him and then he's like "No, drink" and doing the little drink motion (I say motion and not sign because I don't know ASL and neither does he) and the two guys there started laughing. Oh, I'd watch that if I were you, you got some things I could make fun of to your face too... and it wouldn't be pretty.

Same thing happened when I went to hillbilly grocery store two minutes away. Cashier kept saying something and I couldn't understand. Finally, I just said "I don't understand. I'm hearing impaired" and she did that chuckling thing too.

Oh snap, I missed the joke in this.

What did your dad do when those guys laughed?

Oh yes! People do...it happened to me when I went to a small key shop to have some keys made...the elderly man behind the counter said..."ur deaf? My brother is deaf, he can't speak."....He then made the keys, came back and was figuring up what I owed him.(on a note pad)...(not using a calculator or the cash register)....and was over charging me about 6 dollars!...I called him up on it...he said, "Oh I'm sorry....refigured it again, and it was still wrong!...I got really frustrated and said..."what's the matter? can't you add?"!!...After 3 tries, he got it right, and there was a cash register and a calculator right beside him!.....I've never been back there since.

I don't blame you.

ha, I've had stupid ( I'd say the word but will not! ) tell me something as if it were fact knowing full well what they were telling me wasn't the truth. The person is aware that they are doing this on purpose, I just say...hm, I don't believe that and I'll smirk and walk off. It's happened so many times that sometimes even if a hearie is telling me the truth I'll still question it or ask "why?" and dig. You know....there's a difference between being "slow" which I'm far from and Deaf. There is no link between those two :laugh2:. It's more hurtful when someone tries to pull one over on me thinking I'm too stupid to know any better. What they don't know is that....I KNOW. :D People who try to take advantage of you because you are Deaf...what a sad lot.

I had a similar exp with Jiffy Lube down the road. I never came back to it.

I'm afraid the CVS store near me is the only one close to me or I'd change stores for my meds. It's annoying when I get hassles over my blood sugar strips.

What did your dad do when those guys laughed?

Walked over to the drinks section. <.<

Oh, I forgot to mention that most of the "stupid comments" in general are just on YouTube with "(You are so pretty but) YOUR VOICE IS SO ANNOYING!!!". O, k. I mean, you could just mute it and not have to tell me. I do makeup tutorials. It doesn't really require listening.

Two days ago my mum friend came over. I was on my Dad PC watching TV programme. She came in and asked me why I do not wearing hearing aids and why I don't get CI and keeps on and on and on about it. Coversation went bit like this (MF means mum friend):

MP: Why you don't wear hearing aid?
Me: Cos get no benefits whatsoever and don't understand speech.
MP: But you can talk so you must understand speech!!
Me: You don't need understand speech to talk though it helps if you do.
MP: You should get CI.
Me: I don't want one.
MP: My brother got one and it life saver and wonderful and it changed his life forever.
Me: Was he hearing before?
MP: Yes
Me: Thought so, totally different from born Deaf cos you got hearing before and get huge benefit from CI.
MP: I got hearing aids on and I wear them and they really helpful so why you don't?
Me: But you was hearing before! I BORN DEAF!
MP: (went on and on and on and on and on about CI)
Me: I gotta go.

I was at the doctor's for 3 hours this morning. An allergist, so all the allergy testing (back scratch test, etc.) takes a while. First things first. This is a new doctor. She comes in and says "I understand you're deaf. Before we talk about allergy issues, let's talk about getting you a cochlear implant. Have you ever heard of those?"

I was at the doctor's for 3 hours this morning. An allergist, so all the allergy testing (back scratch test, etc.) takes a while. First things first. This is a new doctor. She comes in and says "I understand you're deaf. Before we talk about allergy issues, let's talk about getting you a cochlear implant. Have you ever heard of those?"

That is whacked.

Sorry but that made me laugh! For her to start off talking about you get CI. :laugh2:

Did you ask her if she was a otoneurologist in her spare time? :lol:

facepalm

This cracks me up!! Oh man oh man.. .this is asking for so many opportunities for a comeback.

Maybe she watched that House show . :lol:

Long time ago,during my job interview, this guy who was interviewing me, said you have a very nice speech for a hearing impaired person. I said ah,thanks. I know I have some speech impairment. Like, I say budder instead of butter. I call Atlanta, Au-landa. :lol: I have trouble with t's.

One day, I was trying to get a job with Lowes. I was waiting for my 3rd interview and that was with manager of Lowes. Lowes called my house,my relative answered and then they hung up. They wanted me to answer the phone. I was pissed off.

One day, I was walking around in downtown Nashville in early afternoon. This little shit was sitting on sidewalk screamed at me HEEEEYYY! I looked right at him and read his lips saying "Oh crap, I thought he couldnt hear" to his friends. I chuckled to myself and kept walking. :lol: What an idiot. They actually followed me and I didnt know. I met my buddies at the corner of intersection. They hurried walked across the street like little bitches. Hilarious!

I have a story for you guys. Because of my hearing aid payments food has kinda been
Tight for us so i went down to apply for temp food stamps (which i really hate doing I
Dont like asking for help) so i waited for my number to be called.

Once i spoke with a worker she asked me "do you have any felonies?"
I thought she had said ultilities and i smiled and nodded" yes "
My fiance quickly said "noooo she doesnt"

Turns out i was denied even with the fact i was shelling out cash for my hearing aid
Really ticked me off, i know a bit off topic but i wanted to share a story.

Wirelessly posted

My darling hearing husband in an attempt to show his understanding of me being Deaf said "I will get you one of those hearing machine things" and the next day went into a pharmacy pointed to an old fashioned BTE hearing aid and said "there's one of those hearing earphone things" He was right btw, the 'earmold' was like those of earphones. :lol:
Even though appreciating his thoughtfulness however ignorant, I promptly gave him all the reasons I didn't want hearing aids.

I have a story for you guys. Because of my hearing aid payments food has kinda been
Tight for us so i went down to apply for temp food stamps (which i really hate doing I
Dont like asking for help) so i waited for my number to be called.

Once i spoke with a worker she asked me "do you have any felonies?"
I thought she had said ultilities and i smiled and nodded" yes "
My fiance quickly said "noooo she doesnt"

Turns out i was denied even with the fact i was shelling out cash for my hearing aid
Really ticked me off, i know a bit off topic but i wanted to share a story.

:lol: (good one)

You can never be too proud to not ask for help. :)

I really need a new hearing aid for myself. I dont like my current one. It is digital hearing aid with negative feedback.

Back