Announcements (Engagement and birthday)

deafgal01

Reaction score
I've been pretty busy lately but anyways, I just wanted to let you all know that zacho817 has finally proposed to me last Sunday. I've accepted and the agreed wedding date is Oct. 2007 (we haven't decided on which Saturday yet).

I had a birthday two days ago. It was a busy day for me seeing as how I was observing in an elementary school all day and then class in the evening.

If you are interested in seeing the ring, it's posted in my lj (the picture of the ring has been up since Sunday so if you're looking for that entry it'd be the one from Sept. 19th). my lj

Congratulations! The engagement ring is gorgeous! :) My DH and I had previously planned for an October wedding date in 1998, but we got married a month early, heh. :)

Congratulations again!

:birthday: to you, too! :thumb:

Congratz! Three years may seem long, but it'll go by very quick. Best wishes to you and your other half. :D

Awwwww, Thanks all of you... It's been a special one indeed. I'm still waiting on the sidekick II to arrive in stores so I can purchase one for my personal use (for people to page me if they need to). There's no way for me to order it online since I don't have ANY credit cards or whatever so I'm waiting on them to arrive in stores. Hope they get it before end of this week.

Congratulations on your recent engagement!!

Happy birthday!!

All the best of luck in future :D

happy belated b-day and congrats on ur engagment.. ;) 3 years is long time but it's good enuff cuz u wud have time to plan and enjoy being fiancee as well too ;)

Congratulations on your engagement and also, happy belated birthday!! You'll have plenty of time to plan for the special wedding day....I sure wish you both the very best that life can give! :)

I finally got a sidekick II last night. Apparently one of the stores already had it in stock so instead of waiting on the one nearest to me to stock up in it in the next 2 to 3 days, I went ahead to that other place and bought it!

Thanks again! Yes, I will enjoy being fiancee for three years because it will be less stressful on me finding the dress and planning the big day. I witnessed my sister planning her big day in 10 months (she got engaged in Nov. and married in Sept. the following year). I didn't like how it all turned out and that she was a perfectionist the day before and on her big day. So I'm not gonna follow in her footsteps. I am gonna be patience (let Zach finish school first and let myself turn 25 first before we marry because those are the two things we want to happen before we can do the big day). But this gives me time to find good deals anywhere for anything I want for the reception and all (table decor, paper plates, napkins, lil things like that, as well as the dress- not buying a dress until the third year of engagement but I can start trying them on now and seeing what I like and don't like about the dresses cuz from what I hear, it is hard to find one you like- because u could like it but it feels too heavy or you could don't like it but it's light enough...) Poor Zach, he already can tell he's gonna hate wedding planning after only almost a week of being engaged to me, but at least he won't have to plan it all (just be involved the decisions regarding what flowers to use, food to serve, and other little details like that that would need his approval). I already tried to come up with a basic guest list (so I can get an idea of how many people we may want to end up inviting and if it's too many for us, we can go back and take off a few names or whatever but we already started with that starting with family members). I can't believe how much there is involved in planning a wedding and I realize that three years will fly by which will help me appreciate that I have all this time to plan the big day.

I am hoping that the capella group I fell in love with will be willing to travel out of state to come here for our big day. They normally don't come to Indy until Jan. for only a day to perform at University of Indianapolis but since they invited us out to eat with them after the performance last year, you can imagine what an impression they made on me so of course, it would mean so much to me if they could perform during the ceremony on our big day and be there for the special occassion. I sent an email to find out if that would be possible and still haven't gotten a reply yet. If not, I can ask again when they come in Jan. or just send another email I guess... Do you think they'd do a small favor like that for us?

Back