Announcement

Glad to hear that you made it safe and are looking forward to getting settled. I've always wanted to visit Alaska, and look forward to your pictures beign posted.

So glad that you are safe and sound in Alaska. :P

Glad to hear you made it safe down in Alaska.

Enjoy your time with the polar bears, the eskimos, igloos, etc.... :lol:

'Ya finally found your way out of the cornfield somewhere in Iowa and made it safely to Alaska. :D

~RR

:lol: Roadrunner!

I'm glad and relieve to know that you arrived Alaska safety. I remember your beautiful pictures of Alaska - mountain, birds, etc. I love those creative pictures, you took from your photograph. I would love to see the pictures again.

I remember you talked a lot about Alaska and become home sick. I am glad to know that your wish fulfilling at last...

I alway like to visit Alaska to see what kind of culture alike.

Enjoy your time with the polar bears, the eskimos, igloos, etc.... :lol:

:lol: :ty:

'Ya finally found your way out of the cornfield somewhere in Iowa and made it safely to Alaska. :D

Yeah, I finally found my way out of the famous cornfield somewhere in Iowa and made it safely to Alaska. But, my friends who live down there begged me to come back.... told them " nah, I am still goin' " :lol: I will visit them only in vacation or when ever I can take my time off. Still chat with them thru VP by usin' my friend's VP. They still can see me thru that.... of course, without hugs. Still say " I love you " in sign language anyway. ;)

~RR

::ty: once again, Roadrunner --

:lol: Roadrunner!

I'm glad and relieve to know that you arrived Alaska safety. I remember your beautiful pictures of Alaska - mountain, birds, etc. I love those creative pictures, you took from your photograph. I would love to see the pictures again.

Yep, I will upload some pictures here later when I have the time. :D

I remember you talked a lot about Alaska and become home sick. I am glad to know that your wish fulfilling at last...

I alway like to visit Alaska to see what kind of culture alike.

You are more than welcome to visit me anytime once I settle down. ;)

Thanks, Lieblin' ! :D

WOW, Alaska. I hear it's beautiful. I've only seen pictures and I would love to travel there one day. Hope you get setteled in soon and enjoy your life there.

ohh adventures in Alaska eh?? Cool... it would be great to have everything to do for fun ..I see ya are far from Anchorage as well... I thought Juneau was closer to Anchorage but I was mistaken, as I found out in Google Maps...

Juneau is located in southeast area. Juneau is famous for rain, fyi. :lol: Because, of the coastal. Plan to visit Anchorage next year with a friend of mine - probably around in August or September. Still discussin' on that as we haven't decided for sure just yet. Still workin' on it. :)

When the summer comes next year, I would love to visit Skagway again. I love their historic/musuem - I still have the pictures of Skagway, but they are still in Iowa. Lol I will have someone to send them to me asap. Alaska is famous for snail mail durin' winter - not summer. :lol:

Aww thanks, TweetyBird !

By the way, I love your avatar! They are soo beautiful ! Don't delete it for awhile alwite ? :lol: :hug:

Wow. You have just move to Alaska. Only problem with Alaska is that the cost of living is very expensive next to Hawaii. I hope you can afford to live there even if you have been there before and now you are back there again which you love very much. Is the prices more higher than Iowa? Can you manage the cost of living in Alaska? :cool2:

Maria,

Glad to see that you arrived there safely. Enjoy your new chapter of ur life there. Looking forward to seeing the pictures that you took.

Thanks, Maria, for the comment at my blog and letting me know you made it okay to Juneau. I'm so glad, because I worry.

On another note, when I was a kid (just yesterday, actually), my dad had visited his friends up there and came back with a puppy for an uncle on my mother's side. When he came to pick up the puppy, my next older brother already had his arm around him, so our uncle said he couldn't take the dog, which was fine by us. The dog, we named him Hussler and the friends in Alaska had his dad, which was a split image of Hussler. His dad's name was Hondo and both are part Husky and part wolf. Hussler was born in an Eskimo family near the famous glacier outside of Anchorage, I think it is the Montenusko (sp?) Glacier.

Have fun and good luck on becoming a resident hope it's not to stressfull but how can you be stressed in a place like that lol.

Wow. You have just move to Alaska. Only problem with Alaska is that the cost of living is very expensive next to Hawaii. I hope you can afford to live there even if you have been there before and now you are back there again which you love very much. Is the prices more higher than Iowa? Can you manage the cost of living in Alaska? :cool2:

Cost of living in Alaska is high? Didnt know that.

Cost of living in Alaska is high? Didnt know that.

I think it was reasonable to me after check on some website, it's depends on stuff, when I was checked and it was in Anchorage but not know about Juneau.

Check out for comparison on cost of living in AK.
Sperling's BestPlaces

Congrat to Maria about move to AK so successfully.

I can manage the cost of living in Alaska. :) All jobs in Alaska pay good and meet Alaskans' needs for living expenses/cost of living - no problem. I don't see any difference. They also receive PDF ( oil allotment ) in every year which will help. The lower 48 states don't have that. There are many things that the Alaskan people could make it livin' through by sellin' their wild games from huntin', fishes from the oceans and so on. They have all houses with woodstoves/fireplaces to keep them warm - natural gas/oil is pretty expensive, dependin' on HOW cold the weather is durin' in winter that you use. It is not cheap. :lol:

I am still working on findin' a place to live in. I am stayin' at one friend's for awhile. I plan to stop by at one hotel to fill out the application tomorrow and the pay starts at $ 9 per hour.

Back