Anime to see...?

Ziusudra

Reaction score
Can anyone else think of any other anime series thats really good and worth a look... I've seen Love Hina, Oh My Goddess, Rurouni Kenshin, a bit of Dragonball GT, and an episode of Angelic Layer, Kino's Journey, Full Metal Panic... I can't think of any more.

I haven't seen a few series yet including Evangelion that I've got to see. I've recently gotten into anime and I'm interested in seeing more.

Vampire Hunter D (1984)

Vampire Hunter D: Blood lust (2001)

Burn Up W

Amazing Nurse Nanako

Outlaw Star (kicks major ass)

Princess Monoke (sp?)

Spirited away

hmmm I'll think of more later

Kimagure Orange Road
Maison Ikkoku
Kodocha (Kodomo no Omicha/ Child's Toy)
Akira
Bastard!!!
Bubblegum Crisis
X TV series (do not watch X the movie)
You're Under Arrest TV series
Naruto
A Cheeky Angel
too many names... ^_^'''

Hmmm...you must be new.

welcome aboard, DeafNYCplayer72

Hmm, they all sound great. Has anyone seen Please/Onegai Teacher yet? I think it sounds good, and Voices of a distant star as well as Grave of the fireflies both sound like good anime movies to see. Chobits as well as Escaflowne sound very cool.

Thanks, Steel.

I read Onegai Teacher manga. It was good. I can't wait Kikue Inoue's voice. :Oops:

Updating:

All Purpose Cultural Catgirl Nuku Nuku
Marmalade Boy
Tenchi Muyo
Ai Yori Aoishi
Nadesicaa
Princess Monomoke
Devil Hunter Yohko
Conan Boy of the Future
Seven of the Seven
3x3 Eyes
Armitage III
Macross (not Robotech!!!)
Space Battleship Yamamoto (not Starblazers)
Ocean Waves (aka I Can Hear the Sea)
Slam Dunk (Gori ownz you!!!)
Fist of the North Star

... I forgot... my brain melts. =/

All Purpose Catgirl Nuku Nuku... I have that episode on a NewType DVD. Does anyone here collect the NewType USA anime/manga magazine? My boyfriend collects it, so I have quite a few episodes to watch... I watched Raxephon (sp?) but it doesn't have English subtitles, so I don't know about that one.

Newtype Magazine releases raw (no subtitled) anime demo disc.

You may watch either All Purpose Cultural Catgirl Nuku Nuku Dash (green hair Nuku) or All Purpose Cultural Catgirl Nuku Nuku TV (purple hair Nuku). I have All Purpose Cultural Catgirl Nuku Nuku OVAs. I really love it.

Oh yeah... RahXephon demo does not have subtitled. But you need to get it under ADV Films (it has subtitled).

More Anime series:

Video Girl Ai
DNA^2
Full Metal Panic
Touch
Yawara!
Wedding Peach
Noir
Happy Lesson
Kanon
Flame of Recca
Mermaid Saga (Mermaid Forest and Scar)
One Pound Gospel
Rave the Groove Adventures
One Piece
Boys over Flowers (Hana Yori Dango)
His and Her Circumstances (Kare Kano)
Pita-Dita (sp)
DiGi Carat
Saber Marionettes
... ^_^';;;

Yeah, some of the anime demo discs DO have subtitles, they just subtitle episodes and not the trailers. Yeah, for my birthday my boyfriend gave me Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi and Angelic Layer :) :) both collector's boxes as well.

ooh what about blue submarine no. 6? I've seen it on toonami (cartoon network) years ago and thought it was awesome but sadly, wasn't capitoned. :(

Green Legend Pan
Graveyard of the Fireflies
Princess Mononoke
Ghost in the Shell
Ranma 1/2 (my fav)
Fist of the North Star
Akira

Also, doesnt the Sci fi network show animes regularly once a week?

Steel said:
ooh what about blue submarine no. 6? I've seen it on toonami (cartoon network) years ago and thought it was awesome but sadly, wasn't capitoned. :(
Blue Submarine is a good movie. I've got it subtitled on CD. Heh!

Well...

Raw Episode is no subtitled, only Japanese dubbed. (I have few raw Japanese episodes because I disliked American episodes).

Cartoon Network anime series are having limited caption like only Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, and others.

Well... Science Fiction anime halted few years ago. I waited for it and gave up.

Tech TV (Anime weekend) has closed caption. It uses with only Digital TV.

More animes:

Excel Saga
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Full Metal Panic
Full Metal Alchmeist
Pita Ten
Detective Conan
UFO Princess Valkyrie
The Violinist of Hameln

DeafNYCPlayer72 said:
Well...

Raw Episode is no subtitled, only Japanese dubbed. (I have few raw Japanese episodes because I disliked American episodes).

Cartoon Network anime series are having limited caption like only Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, and others.

Well... Science Fiction anime halted few years ago. I waited for it and gave up.

Tech TV (Anime weekend) has closed caption. It uses with only Digital TV.

More animes:

Excel Saga
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Full Metal Panic
Full Metal Alchmeist
Pita Ten
Detective Conan
UFO Princess Valkyrie
The Violinist of Hameln
What are those movies? I'm familiar with Fullmetal Alchemist.

I've seen Spirited Away, it's great. I intend to see Grave of the Fireflies, it sounds like a good movie. I've got to watch Astroboy, the first anime ever made. Oh, does the Animatrix count as anime?

Ziusudra said:
I've seen Spirited Away, it's great. I intend to see Grave of the Fireflies, it sounds like a good movie. I've got to watch Astroboy, the first anime ever made. Oh, does the Animatrix count as anime?
Animatrix isn't exactly anime. It's more of a collection of animations. All of them explain the secret behind the Matrix. There's a couple that explains how it all started and some others explain other things that can also happen.

Excel Saga- comedy: Excel is nuts girl: hard to be died. She is trying to conquest the earth as she tried to find earth's weakness. It is released under ADV Films.

Revolutionary Girl Utena- drama/ comedy: Utena has quest for her future boyfriend that he did save her from suicide many years ago. She can't find her future boyfriend as she found only another girl looked like her future boyfriend. It is released under US Manga.

Full Metal Panic- sci-fi/ comedy: The girl wanted to be normal. The boy came and acted as her bodyguard because she has powers when she does not know about her powers. The enemies tried to attack her all time when he came and rescued her. It is released under ADV Films.
Full Metal Alchemist- sci-fi/ RPG: The brothers are magicians. He lost his arm and leg when other brother lost whole body as he become living knight armor. Their quest: they will bring their own bodies become normal. Nobody picked this anime yet.

Pita Ten- romance comedy: The unlucky boy lives with female good luck angel and female bad luck devil. Both are too sweet when their mentors are too wicked. Nobody picked this anime yet.

Detective Conan- mystery drama: Detective Conan is 12 years old but his 20 years old body is disappeared. He solved the mystery of crimes. Nobody picked this anime yet.

UFO Princess Valkyrie- comedy: The boy was almost dying when Princess's spaceship crushed his house. She decided to put her soul to him for reviving. Then her body become 10 years old girl. Then they live together. Nobody picked this anime yet.

The Violinist of Hameln- RPG comedy: The boy refused to reveal his head. He uses the violinist as his weapon. He has partner (girl) is long time lost princess because evil horde wanted her powers.

Astro Boy was not first time Anime in Japan. It was first time airing in America.

First time Anime in Japan: Momotaro (in 1918)

More updating:

Sentimental Journey
Gundam Seed
Macross Zero
Gundam Wings
Serial Experimental Lain
Perfect Blue (I really like it)
Patlabor TV/ OVAs (movies are ok)

If you love Spirited Away, it is made by Studio Ghidi (sp).
Studio Ghidid films:

Nausicaa Valley of the Winds
Kiki's Delvery Service
Castle in the Sky (aka Luputa)
Castle Cagliostrio
Whisper of the Heart
Princess Mononoke
Pon Poko
Porco Rosso
My Neightbor Toroto
Conan Boy of the Future
Only Your Mark
Ocean Waves (aka I Can Hear the Sea)
Only Yesterday

VamPyroX said:
Animatrix isn't exactly anime. It's more of a collection of animations. All of them explain the secret behind the Matrix. There's a couple that explains how it all started and some others explain other things that can also happen.
Yeah they were ALL weird...

But I actually liked the first part with people who looks so damn real but they are actually just computer animated characters! just like "Final Fanstay : The spirits within" you know? that one was pretty cool...wish it was longer though

Hmmm this one sounds interesting...well kinda.

www.animenation.com

Question:

Do you think American people are foolish for devoting a lot of their life to anime? Simply, I want to know if you agree to American anime fans, or disagree to American anime fans. I sometimes think that Japanese people dislike American anime fans because we are taking their tradition. Do you think that's true?
Answer:

Speaking as an American that has devoted a lot of his life to anime, I don't think my chosen hobby is foolish at all. In fact, I think that my addiction to anime has cultivated within me a respect for cultural diversity, an appreciation for art, and elevated my critical and rational analytical skills. I'm a firm believer that everyone needs some sort of hobby or interest, and I think there are plenty of hobbies with fewer positive qualities than an interest in Japanese animation. Personally, I am generally only offended by people who call themselves anime fans just to pose a social status. Such "fans" aren't really aficionados of Japanese animation; they're only trend chasers riding on the coattails of the latest hot ticket. But I do have to respect anyone that genuinely loves the art form of Japanese comics and animation. Furthermore, I respect people who have the motivation and determination to set goals for themselves and strive toward creating their own art. On the other hand, as an extension of my appreciation for Japanese art, I'm rather disappointed by Western artists that perceive only the most superficial aspects of manga and anime and fail to comprehend that it's the unique Japanese culture and artistic perspective behind anime that makes anime what it is. Speed lines and big eyes, cat girls and guns, unusual hair colors and monochrome comics don't constitute real manga and anime to me. These characteristics reflect only a pale imitation of manga and anime based on a lack of understanding and appreciation of the true culture of manga and anime.

But I digress. Simply put, I do vigorously approve of American anime fans, and I do recommend anime as something worth devoting one's life and energy to. What I do not approve of is Americans who see anime as only a means to an ends. Editing and altering anime to make it more profitable in America; creating "anime style" works that bear only a superficial resemblance to Japanese art; and claiming "otaku" status just to seem trendy are all signs of people who fundamentally don't understand or appreciate the artistic and creative beauty of anime and manga.

Regarding the usurpation of Japanese animation by Americans, I don't believe that this is the case. I've been to Tokyo four times since becoming an obsessive anime fan. I've also met many professional anime and manga artists. In my experience, I think that Japanese fans are just as willing as anyone to embrace others who share their appreciation and respect for anime. During the hours I've spent in Japanese anime stores including Mandarake, K Books, Melon Books, Animate, and Gamers, I've never been treated coldly or rudely, I think because it's clear that my adoration for anime is equal to that of Japanese fans. We are brothers in arms. Likewise, Japanese professionals that attend American anime conventions frequently seem awed that so many American fans appreciate their works. It's hard to imagine an artist being angered or outraged that fans enjoy his or her art, regardless of what language the fans speak or where they originate from. I suspect that Japanese fans who may seem outraged or resentful of a foreign usurpation of a traditional Japanese hobby are actually only angered by foreigners that latch on to the superficial and overt aspects of Japanese culture without trying to understand or appreciate any of its depth or meaning or culture.

That's a question I have always wondered about... whether Japanes people dislike American/Australian people watching anime... and so on... it's a good answer I think.

Back