Animals Want Happiness Too

oh no.. poor animals.. :( dang.. thats so SAD....

but why did God put animals on the earth? he know we need foods to live or we will starve to death. but dont like that way.. jeez.. that stupid.. sigh.. :tears:

Hello all,

I am the person who created the helpusall site that has the helpusall.com/ap page all of you saw, that Levonian shared. I saw that there were people coming to it from alldeaf, so I was curious what was being said. So I found this thread with so many caring posts :)

I am not a member of peta, and don't work for any organization actually. I created this site out of a deep love i have for all beings, humans and animals. I've known more than 100 dogs and some have been very good friends to me. I realized that dogs are just like pigs or chickens because they are all conscious and want to avoid suffering, and all want to feel free to enjoy life in their own way.

The purpose of the site is to say:
1. we all want to reduce our suffering, and increase our happiness. all of us, people and animals. and we all matter.
2. there are some things happening that are causing great suffering to us
3. a lot of the suffering can be *reduced* by small, or big, actions. less suffering does matter
4. and to encourage us all to learn about these things.... and to follow our own personal highest feelings and heart, and to explore and grow and learn.

I sometime wish I could do something but I know they could be win unless there have maybe a million people who want it to stop then we could win.

We already are 'winning'. Winning, to me, means reducing suffering, and creating positive changes.
"Perfection is often not possible, but improvement almost always is possible"
Think of any positive change that has ever happened to society... almost every single meaningful change was an improvement, rather than a full ideal perfection... and those improvements helped so many. Maybe "winning" means "trying your sincerest" :)

Here are some giant changes, to the very core of culture, that have already been made...
solid cultural improvements that will help animals and us

About 1/3 of the US population is making effort to eat less meat, and vegetarian food sales are forecast to increase 60% in 5 years. Vegetarian foods are now mainstream options at many resturants, even at Burger King.

Getting a farm to save animals sounds just like what Farm Sanctuary did :) that's so nice

Animals are sharing this Earth with us. Some say God put them here for us to use. Since we are able to live healthfully without killing and eating animals, I can't imagine God would not support us to find more peaceful and compassionate ways of eating. I feel God would want me to live as peacefully and compassionately as I can.

As much as the reality breaks my heart, i feel even more hurt if i was numbed or desensitized not to care. When i care, it hurts but i can feel love, and thankfully there are many ways i can help. That feeling of love is something i would never sacrifice..

hugs*

I created another page to show some of the major benefits of eating less animal foods, and more plant foods. If a person eats 1 meatless meal a week, it Helps... focus on improvement
benefits to our health, to our air/water/soil, and to the animals all with solid references

i hope you welcome my posts here. i have my hearing, but i can certainly sympathize with anyone, no matter what limitations they have (and how many more abilities they have). I have a list of people and animals who inspire me to be a better person, and 2 of them are W. Mitchell and Hellen Keller. Two people who had much more limitation than most of us had... but they achieved more than most of us achieve :)
A quote by W. Mitchell I love is "Before I was paralyzed there were 10,000 things I could do; now there are 9,000. I can either dwell on the 1,000 I've lost or focus on the 9,000 I have left."
I believe it's true, I think we have an infinite number of abilities... most that we never even explore at all. So if we lose a few, we are still left with an infinite amount :)

Jon
Our Shared Desire

Last edited:
Welcome to the Deaf Lunatic Asylum, Jon. :run: Please stick around and contribute as much as you wish. :thumb:

If you cannot take up the eating habit of vegetarianism, at least take in consideration to buy certain products that promotes safe and healthy care of animals you consume.

There are:
* "FREE-RANGE, CAGE-FREE" eggs-- where chickens are being fed with REAL food (not recycled shit with horomes all shot in it) and are allowed to roam (however recent reports said that evebnt ho they are allowed to roam, their roaming space is HORRIBLE with carcasses, shit, and no fresh grass to walk on)
* ORGANIC, FREE-RANGE chicken-- chickens that have been allowed to roam and eat real grains and are NOT shot up with hormones/chemicals (usually to make them fatter or color well)

Lev or guido, if you know any more (I know there is milk that is free of any hormones, being called "MSF"?? help me out here), post away. Give them a chance to redeem themselves.

I know nothing about beef because I knew that if I ever drop out of vegetarianism, I will *never* eat beef so I don't bother keep myself posted about beef.

I know all about the pigs when they get slaughtered. The guy does use the stunner and knock them out. But no not all the time they are when they get sticked in the throat. But before they get limbs cut-off and skin ripped off etc.. They are already dead. Because actually once they've been stunned and sticked they get ran through the scald tank. A huge tank of very hot water 180 degrees. They have to be dead before they get ran through that or USDA will start bitching about it. Either way if their still alive they will die before they get gutted and everything. But if the pig does drown from the scald tank, most of the time that pig gets tagged and rejected by USDA.

I found this on a vegetarian message board. It’s an amateur Web page which shows the cruelty we inflict on the animals we eat. It’s somewhat disturbing, and not for the faint-of-heart. But tell me what you think—I’d like to hear your comments if you’re willing to look at it.

Animals Want Happiness Too

I won't go there and peek at it cuz I am way too sensitive.

I was a vegatarian for few weeks, never again. I need protein to keep me sane. I am stuck with it. I hate to eat them but have to.

I wish they banned hunting wild animals for sports. I wish to punish poachers for killing illegal wildanimals. I wish to save all horses and not send them to meat house. I wish none of cows, pigs, chickens to be born and we eat them. I wish people don't eat cats and dogs. What shall I do about them, think about it and anger me all the time. Not good for my mental.

What about people who drive and run over those little rabbits and smash them and took off without any guilt? Or they run over dogs and cats. I get to see all kind of animals dying on the road everyday. Or what about owl fly down and grab one of the kitten and took off? Yes, found cat's leg in our backyard one morning and got me so upset knew owl was in our tree hunting food. Oh well that is life, we all have to eat. wish God did not create us to eat.

Now what about those animals in zoo? are they really happy living in the cage?

Pigs are cute and adorable, aren’t they? Do they really deserve to be treated like this?

As long they end up like this.
OM%20bacon.jpg

FLP_prodlg.jpg

spam.jpg

20860_boneless_chop.jpg

:)

oh no.. poor animals.. :( dang.. thats so SAD....

but why did God put animals on the earth? he know we need foods to live or we will starve to death. but dont like that way.. jeez.. that stupid.. sigh.. :tears:

GOD put animals on earth to eat! Get it?

Jon, in case you’re wondering, Buckdodgers is the board assclown. He’s like 45 and he’s never been laid, and he basically has the mentality of one of the hillbillies in Deliverance. He’s a creepy looking doofus with a 50-gallon gut and a unibrow, and his brother looks like a child molester. Just shrug it off.

If you cannot take up the eating habit of vegetarianism, at least take in consideration to buy certain products that promotes safe and healthy care of animals you consume.

There are:
* "FREE-RANGE, CAGE-FREE" eggs-- where chickens are being fed with REAL food (not recycled shit with horomes all shot in it) and are allowed to roam (however recent reports said that evebnt ho they are allowed to roam, their roaming space is HORRIBLE with carcasses, shit, and no fresh grass to walk on)
* ORGANIC, FREE-RANGE chicken-- chickens that have been allowed to roam and eat real grains and are NOT shot up with hormones/chemicals (usually to make them fatter or color well)

Lev or guido, if you know any more (I know there is milk that is free of any hormones, being called "MSF"?? help me out here), post away. Give them a chance to redeem themselves.

I know nothing about beef because I knew that if I ever drop out of vegetarianism, I will *never* eat beef so I don't bother keep myself posted about beef.

Also, there are of course soy alternatives, which are in my opinion, just as good as the real deal. Quorn and Morningstar both make some great products. I am even sure to use soy-based or organic dairy products. Veganism isn't my goal, but it is definetely much healthier and guilt-free.

Jon, in case you’re wondering, Buckdodgers is the board assclown. He’s like 45 and he’s never been laid, and he basically has the mentality of one of the hillbillies in Deliverance. He’s a creepy looking doofus with a 50-gallon gut and a unibrow, and his brother looks like a child molester. Just shrug it off.

heh heh heh "The 40 year old virgin" was so damn hiralous.

Levonian thinks hes a Monkey but he isnt.I hope he gets to be a monkey in his next life by living in a ZOO instead of a Research facility.

Buckdodgers didn't evolve from apes. Apes evolved from Buckdodgers.

Let’s just ignore our Cro-Magnon knuckle-dragging friend for the duration of this thread. Intelligent threads are getting few and far between around here. No point in getting this one locked up thanks to Wankerman™.

there are big differences in animal foods. Some cause tremendous suffering and pollution (and also unhealthiness for the consumer), and some are a lot less.

Generally, all the animal foods in big foodstores come from large-scale corporate factory farms. That means giant crowded sheds (for pigs, chickens, eggs(hens), veal(baby calves)), or giant crowded feedlots (for beef (bulls and cows) and some dairy (cows).

Some alternatives are right in the same food store. Like gnarleydorkette said, "free-range" eggs are not heaven for the hens, but they are better than being "caged".
"Organic" means the animals are fed more 'real food', as opposed to things you wouldn't believe... sawdust, shredded newspaper, carcasses of other animals, and sileage and other plant foods that usually have a lot of pesticide/herbicides/insecticide residue.
So "organic" or "cage free" is better.

Small farms often provide the animals with a life that is more free.

Hunted animals live much better than farmed animals, in terms of being free to explore their instincts and natural family bonds and their inclinations. I know it is horrible, but still a hunted animal has a better life than the vast majority of farmed animals.

There is milk that is from cows who were not given Bovine Growth Hormone (BGH), which is banned in Canada and several other countries for human health and animal welfare reasons. It results in increased incidence of lameness to the cow, udder inflamation and infections, and there are the questions of what affect "bovine growth hormone" would have on the human body.
Milk labelled as "hormone free" is free of BGH

Even if you eat 1 more meat-free meal a year, you are helping. It does not require to make a full diet change.

jlfwildkat, regardless of the USDA's efforts, there are still a lot of violations and unsanitary conditions in factory farms. There was a NY Times article that got a lot of attention titled "they die piece by piece", about how many cattle were still alive while they were being cut up. There have been a few tv reports in the last 1-2 years of chickens being stamped on, kicked, their necks twisted at chicken slaughter plants. There have been several news pieces about appaling conditions at egg farms. There is a lot of video footage of appaling conditions, and more footage keeps being taken, so these things are happening.
Just like when the Better Business Bureau judged that the egg industries "Animal Care Certified" label was misleading... the egg industry has stopped using that label now... but nothing has changed. Hens still have less cage space than a 8.5" x 11" piece of paper, where they stand and sit for their entire lives. (That's one reason why buying "cage-free" is one thing that can help a lot.)

There is milk that is from cows who were not given Bovine Growth Hormone (BGH), which is banned in Canada and several other countries for human health and animal welfare reasons. It results in increased incidence of lameness to the cow, udder inflamation and infections, and there are the questions of what affect "bovine growth hormone" would have on the human body.
Milk labelled as "hormone free" is free of BGH

I'm not 100% on this, but I believe all over Ben and Jerry's products are BGH free. All they're products are from 100% naturally healthy cows. This might mean why they're products are a little more expensive, but to me, its worth the peace of mind.

jazzy,

I know what you mean, there is sooo much suffering, and no way we can prevent it all by ourselves. The only thing we can do, is to do what we ourselves can.
But this is also a giant thing. Women's right to vote, black's rights, any change that was made, was made because there were people who thought "perfection isn't possible, but improvement is" and they worked with others to create gigantic improvement :D:D we have muuch more ability and influence than we have any idea... but only when we focus on what *we* can do, and when we stop spending time judging what others *should* be doing.

When I stopped eating dairy and eggs, I had some difficulty for a week until I realized I needed to eat more nuts and peanut butter to adjust to less animal protein.
But my body did adjust, and it can be done..
The best proof I've found are these 3 people...

Scott Jurek is an ultramarathon runner who eats no meat, eggs, or dairy. He has run a 100-mile race, and won first place, 7 times in a row.
He ran another race that was 135 mile race, that started in Death Valley in temperatures of 130*F, and it ended at Mount Whitney. That was the first time he ever ran the race, and we finished in first place... and he also set a new record time for the race.
He's been on a 100% plant-food diet since 1999, and since then he's won first place in 20 races that were more than 50 miles.. all were a total of more than 1,500 miles.

Or Carl Lewis, winner of 9 Olympic Gold medals who competed against top athletes from around the globe. He says "I've found that a person does not need protein from meat to be a successful athlete. In fact, my best year of track competition was the first year I ate a vegan diet."

Or this guy
AlexanderDargatzVegan.jpg

Alexander Dargatz, who is on an all-plant diet, and has won first place in World Championship competitions.

Our daily activities don't require anything near what their activity does. So if plants can supply them with protein, it can supply us with what we need too.

Planning does help a lot when first making any changes though.
I've been on an all-plant diet since 1996. I never get sick and my doctor told me he wishes all his patients were as healthy as me. The last time I was in, he even did some extra tests on me to see how far my body was healthy. But there was 1 time in my diet change when I wasn't getting enough protein, living at college and having a limited cafeteria menu. But after I just added a lot of peanut butter to my diet, I was fine.
And once I had access to food-stores, then bean, grains, or other foods filled in my diet fine.

Some animals are ment to be eaten like Chickens,Pigs,Cows and Fish Some animals are ment to be loved like dogs,cats,rabbits,Birds..Some are to be looked at like Apes monkeys chimps and other zoo animals.So are just to be killed for reason like bears N SNAKES.

Back