Animal shelter rescue or pound?

I hope not. Animal rescue is very dear to my heart. :(

Animal rescue. That 's where my dog came from . She had a group of volunteers to adjust her back into life . Social skills , taking her to public places etc..
I have some people on fb from the rescue who were part of my dogs team. It's comforting to know who took care of her before me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe in buying pets from the store/owners when there are so many unwanted ones that need homes.

I got my dog from the humane society.

Several of my doggies were strays...some from friends (puppies)...and we also got a cat from the Humane Society...(years ago, he's dead now)....My current doggie, a Pomeranian, is 5...got her from a breeder friend.

I always rescue my dogs after I saw a puppy mill firsthand.

Preferably deaf, and always adult. I try to make sure I give a home to someone who really needs a second chance.

I read a horrible story on the news today. In Sochi,where the Olympics will be held, authorities have ordered all stray dogs to be caught and killed. I'm not sure if posting links are allowed but here is just one paragraph I read. "A dog ran into the Fisht Stadium, we took it away," Sorokin said. "God forbid something like this happens at the actual opening ceremony. This will be a disgrace for the whole country." The Sorokin in the quote is Alexei Sorokin, director general of pest control firm Basya Services. Sorokin told The Associated Press that his company had a contract to exterminate the animals throughout the Olympics, which open Friday.

Sorokin described his company as being involved in the "catching and disposing" of dogs, although he refused to specify how the dogs would be killed or say where they would take the carcasses.

I also love all animals, and rescue them when possible. I have four cats. 2 of my Siamese cats were found in a cardboard box near a dumpster at Walmart. I happened to pass by the dumpster and saw the box and took the Kittens. This was in the summer,about literally 99 degrees outside when I found these two Kittens. I guess someone was giving the kittens away, and no one wanted the last two,so whoever owned them put them by the dumpster,like trash. I wish I could kick whoevers butt that did that to those kittens. My other cat is a Maine coon, my drunken neighbor had a stray cat who gave birth to a liter of kittens. He threatened to bag them and throw them in the lake. I kept one kitten and gave one to my mom and found homes for the others. And my last cat was a stray blue eyed solid white cat. I took her to the vet and the vet told me she is deaf. The vet explained it was genetic,and that if a solid white cat has one blue eye and one green eye,the cat can hear out of the ear that is above the green eye,but if both eyes are blue,the cat will be totally deaf. My white cat's eyes are both blue,so she cannot hear at all. I hate people that are mean and abusive to animals. It makes my blood boil!

Rescue All The Way!

Adopting a pet from a rescue or the humane society is the best way to go.

Agreed. Our dog was from a rescue group called GreyHound Angels. She was being trained to race by a breeder when she broke her leg due to being kicked when she was 12 weeks old. He took her to the Vets and wanted him to put her down - obviously a greyhound with a knackered leg is never going to win races.
The vet said he wasn't going to kill an otherwise healthy animal but would happily find a home for her.
It's always a personal choice but there's no way I would line the pockets of a backyard breeder when there's thousands of healthy animals put to sleep every year.

I adopt when I can't, but when I want my dogs to to specific things like hunt, I buy purebred dogs from good breeders. We're housebuying this year and I cannot wait, because it means I can finally get my cat and I will probably adopt one even though I want a specific breed.

Back