Anesthesia make people weepy?

I know but when I sees foods in store, it make me hungry. It's hard. I would love to eat anything I want but it's hard for me to limit foods.

Defee said:
LOL! Vamp...u probably didnt get enough of it!! hehe..probably need a double dose of it!
Im surprised that it affected people in so many different ways! wow!
Javapride, that was a funny story! I laughed my azz off! it sounded like you
were drunk on it! LOL!
Actually, I've gone to the dentist to have them work on my teeth before. These days, I require double or triple shots of novacaine in order to make my mouth numb. The last time I went was a couple years ago. They gave me a shot and waited 15 minutes.

Dentist: "Can you feel this or that? *poking around my mouth*"
Me: "Yes, I can."

They gave me another shot, heavier dosage than the first. 15 minutes later...

They gave me one more shot, heavier dosage than the second. (1st time = 1 dosage; 2nd time = 1.25 dosage; 3rd time = 1.5 dosage; 1 + 1.25 + 1.5 = 3.75) That's nearly 4 dosages!

Me: "No, I can't."

To tell the truth, the third time the dentist poked around in my mouth... I could feel it a tiny bit. That's what I mean by things having different effects on different people. :thumb:

HappyRambo said:
I know but when I sees foods in store, it make me hungry. It's hard. I would love to eat anything I want but it's hard for me to limit foods.
Are you a redhead?

HappyRambo said:
I am not redhead. I have brown hair.
Okay, just wondering. I hear that specific races/genders/"breeds" have specific vulnerability to some things. Redheads require more novocaine than others. There are some "breeds" that don't sunburn or sunburn as easily. There are different people.

VamPyroX said:
Okay, just wondering. I hear that specific races/genders/"breeds" have specific vulnerability to some things. Redheads require more novocaine than others. There are some "breeds" that don't sunburn or sunburn as easily. There are different people.

Umm high tolerant with drugs if they are redheads???

HappyRambo said:
Do you think anesthesia make people weepy? Since I had anesthesia yesterday for my wisdom surgery. I cried for 45 minutes when I got home. My mom think it's side effect from anesthesia.

What do you think?

I had deep anesthesia 2 years ago, when I was in emergency c-section, and 2 hours later, I woke up with really groggy and I was bawling my eye out for some reasons, but I can't remember why or what happen. When I first hold my son after he was born, I stopped cried, and then my son was not on my arm, I bawled my eyes out. Oh boy! :ugh:

VamPyroX said:

:squint: Yea.. Yea.. Yea.. Yea.. I am a redhead and I don't have any problem. And NO I don't need more anything of them. :roll:

VamPyroX said:
Actually, I've gone to the dentist to have them work on my teeth before. These days, I require double or triple shots of novacaine in order to make my mouth numb. The last time I went was a couple years ago. They gave me a shot and waited 15 minutes.

They gave me one more shot, heavier dosage than the second. (1st time = 1 dosage; 2nd time = 1.25 dosage; 3rd time = 1.5 dosage; 1 + 1.25 + 1.5 = 3.75) That's nearly 4 dosages!

To tell the truth, the third time the dentist poked around in my mouth... I could feel it a tiny bit. That's what I mean by things having different effects on different people. :thumb:
:-o HOly COw!! you have to have several shots of dope in order to numb your mouth? crikey!..poor you! All it takes for me is just one big shot of novacaine works for me!

VamPyroX said:

Maybe you have throyid disorder, it happened to me when the dentist do my fillings, I have throyid disorder and have to take the med for it like forever, so it did affected my nerves that the anesthesia would not work right that my nerves would not NUMB in jaws, it did not work first time around and he try another dosage still feel it, so I ended up coming back another time and he try different type of anesthesia and bang it worked first time within minutes!!! Funny story is that after I finish, I try to drink the water, the water spilled out of my mouth due to the anesthesia (can't feel anything or control my jaws!).. i just laughed it off!!!

Wildcoyote70 said:
Maybe you have throyid disorder, it happened to me when the dentist do my fillings, I have throyid disorder and have to take the med for it like forever, so it did affected my nerves that the anesthesia would not work right that my nerves would not NUMB in jaws, it did not work first time around and he try another dosage still feel it, so I ended up coming back another time and he try different type of anesthesia and bang it worked first time within minutes!!! Funny story is that after I finish, I try to drink the water, the water spilled out of my mouth due to the anesthesia (can't feel anything or control my jaws!).. i just laughed it off!!!

yea u are right and with synthroids for thyroid problems we have to report to every doctor that we see to let them know that :roll: -- i only need 1 dose of the novacaine to be fine for dentist for fixing my fillings or whatever the hell it is :thumb:

Wildcoyote70 said:
Doctors tell me that I'm in good health. I have no disorders or anything... except for ADD which isn't a problem for me. :thumb:

HappyRambo said:
Do you think anesthesia make people weepy? Since I had anesthesia yesterday for my wisdom surgery. I cried for 45 minutes when I got home. My mom think it's side effect from anesthesia.

What do you think?

This is funny you ask this question.

One time I got a tooth out. They didn't put me sleep, just froze me BUT the girl in the next room got her wisdoms out (took 5 min but I could hear her going under then waking up). And the first thing she did when she woke up was start to cry! So who knows, maybe you're not the only one.

I never went to sleep before, just novocaine. Though one time in hospital they gave me a shot that made me laugh my head off :lol: This was a shot for pain but it made me feel like I was drunk, heh

It didn't really affect me all that much -- the only thing it did for me was putting me to sleep and stayed asleep until the operation was done. :) I slept a lot just post operation -- for like 12 hours, then afterwards...was slightly dizzy for a few days...then was fine. :D

*for CI operation*

I feel okay today

Hey, my friends. I feel more better but I got yellow bruise from swelling. I looks funny but I was strong enough to go to my old school for BBQ lunch. I ate 2 cheeseburgers which is delicious. I was happy to see my friends.

Back