Andy Rooney on the Ten Commandments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heath

Reaction score
DID YOU KNOW? As you walk up the steps to the building which houses the U.S Supreme Court you can see near the top of the building a row of the world's law givers and each one is facing one in the middle who is facing forward with a full frontal view .. it is Moses and he is holding the Ten Commandments!

DID YOU KNOW?

As you enter the Supreme Court courtroom, the two huge oak doors have the Ten Commandments engraved on each lower portion of each door.

DID YOU KNOW?

As you sit inside the courtroom, you can see the wall,
right above where the Supreme Court judges sit,
a display of the Ten Commandments!

DID YOU KNOW?

There are Bible verses etched in stone all over the Federal Buildings and Monuments in Washington , D.C.

DID YOU KNOW?

James Madison, the fourth president, known as "The Father of Our Constitution" made the following statement:

"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God."

DID YOU KNOW?

Patrick Henry, that patriot and Founding Father of our country said:

"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists but by Christians, not on religions but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ".

DID YOU KNOW?

Every session of Congress begins with a prayer by a paid preacher, whose salary has been paid by the taxpayer since 1777.

DID YOU KNOW?

Fifty-two of the 55 founders of the Constitution were members of the established orthodox churches in the colonies.

DID YOU KNOW?

Thomas Jefferson worried that the Courts would overstep their authority and instead of interpreting the law would begin making law an oligarchy the rule of few over many.

DID YOU KNOW?

The very first Supreme Court Justice, John Jay, said:

"Americans should select and prefer Christians as their rulers."

How, then, have we gotten to the point that everything we have done for 220 years in this country is now suddenly wrong and unconstitutional?

Lets put it around the world and let the world see and remember what this great country was built on.

Chamber , US House of Representatives

I was asked to send this on if I agreed or delete if I didn't. Now it is your turn...
It is said that 86% of Americans believe in God. Therefore, it is very hard to understand why there is such a mess about having the Ten Commandments on display or "In God We Trust" on our money and having God in the Pledge of Allegiance. Why don't we just tell the other 14% to Sit Down and Be Quiet!!!

If you agree, pass this on ..... Andy Rooney

As usual, some christians are so desperate that they'd lie or distort to advance their cause:

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Religious Symbols in the U.S. National Capital

James Madison nor Patrick never said or wrote anything like that.
Yes they have. Your part have lots of edited history to eliminate the speech of christians bec now in days been tainted church and state and constitution. So much going on has been violated. I rather have the WHOLE story instead of edited. Even tho, many many many people as I watched the news have no idea of american history as I watched the news when they ask questions about american history whatever the question is, they have no clue. Pilgrims, no clue what it is. Even tho, in this country doesn't mean you have to be a christians, but in this country is protect the church from governing by the state.

DID YOU KNOW? As you walk up the steps to the building which houses the U.S Supreme Court you can see near the top of the building a row of the world's law givers and each one is facing one in the middle who is facing forward with a full frontal view .. it is Moses and he is holding the Ten Commandments!

DID YOU KNOW?

As you enter the Supreme Court courtroom, the two huge oak doors have the Ten Commandments engraved on each lower portion of each door.

DID YOU KNOW?

As you sit inside the courtroom, you can see the wall,
right above where the Supreme Court judges sit,
a display of the Ten Commandments!

DID YOU KNOW?

There are Bible verses etched in stone all over the Federal Buildings and Monuments in Washington , D.C.

DID YOU KNOW?

James Madison, the fourth president, known as "The Father of Our Constitution" made the following statement:

"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God."

DID YOU KNOW?

Patrick Henry, that patriot and Founding Father of our country said:

"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists but by Christians, not on religions but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ".

DID YOU KNOW?

Every session of Congress begins with a prayer by a paid preacher, whose salary has been paid by the taxpayer since 1777.

DID YOU KNOW?

Fifty-two of the 55 founders of the Constitution were members of the established orthodox churches in the colonies.

DID YOU KNOW?

Thomas Jefferson worried that the Courts would overstep their authority and instead of interpreting the law would begin making law an oligarchy the rule of few over many.

DID YOU KNOW?

The very first Supreme Court Justice, John Jay, said:

"Americans should select and prefer Christians as their rulers."

How, then, have we gotten to the point that everything we have done for 220 years in this country is now suddenly wrong and unconstitutional?

Lets put it around the world and let the world see and remember what this great country was built on.

Chamber , US House of Representatives

I was asked to send this on if I agreed or delete if I didn't. Now it is your turn...
It is said that 86% of Americans believe in God. Therefore, it is very hard to understand why there is such a mess about having the Ten Commandments on display or "In God We Trust" on our money and having God in the Pledge of Allegiance. Why don't we just tell the other 14% to Sit Down and Be Quiet!!!

If you agree, pass this on ..... Andy Rooney

:repost:

Yes they have.

Prove it. One cannot cite that they didn't say anything, so the burden is on you to cite that they did.

Your part have lots of edited history to eliminate the speech of christians bec now in days been tainted church and state and constitution.

...Who tainted the Constitution? And how? As far as I know, the document hasn't been changed in a while.

I curious, I ask you Does you read history so much? It not made sense!!! because you said James and Patick never said or wrote? You must be carefully read it. again, here and King James.

You don't seem to grasp the importance of citing sources to back up a claim. If you claim that he said that, you have to PROVE their quotes by citing the sources of their quotes.

You HAVE to prove that James Madison said it otherwise you have no case. You don't cite sources. You just believe everything you read or hear from unreliable sources that dont even have any sources to back up their sources.

Prove it. One cannot cite that they didn't say anything, so the burden is on you to cite that they did.

...Who tainted the Constitution? And how? As far as I know, the document hasn't been changed in a while.

Burden me? I don't think so. I read books, cite doesn't always meant to be accurate. There is so much argumentive as much as books. ACLU tainted it big time. So much taking out of context. The problem is this, there is no fact as they claim to be. The problem is this, church and the state for example. We ve talked about it on other thread. The fact is this, again to reminder, the reason church and state separated is by protection from state control the church and the gvmnt highly revere God. But I will not continue argue in this issue, bec it will never solved. Tho need to understand, that haven't signed and support by the congress. There is too many about it. Bec starting 20th century that's where arguments begins and things have been deteriorating slowly and now the nation is out of hand.

You are still not citing your sources.

Read again what I said. I read books, not cites. Is that mean I have no proof? Good try, it doesn't work. Bec knowing its there, but want to use particular cite to think its proof, but its not. I rather read books than cites.

He isn't 'required' to cite his sources...anyone, I mean, anyone can state something especially when it's been read on in the past....

Please, give him some 'room' and 'space'--ok?

Thank you!!

~RR

Read again what I said. I read books, not cites. Is that mean I have no proof? Good try, it doesn't work. Bec knowing its there, but want to use particular cite to think its proof, but its not. I rather read books than cites.

Um... Do you even know what the word "cite" means? Cite is a verb, not a noun. The noun form of the verb "to cite" is "citation". You're not citing your sources. You're saying you read books--What books do you read? Where do you get your opinions from? What evidence have you considered to form those opinions?

He isn't 'required' to cite his sources...anyone, I mean, anyone can state something especially when it's been read on in the past....

Please, give him some 'room' and 'space'--ok?

He isn't required to cite his sources by any means. But the fact of the matter is that if he doesn't he can't except any reasonably well-educated individual to take him or anything he says seriously. He could be deriving his opinions on religion's relationship with government from Tolkein novels for all we know. If he can't cite his sources, his argument cannot be considered valid in a logical discussion.

Now, if he were to cite his sources, we could have a real discussion.

Otherwise, we have to assume that he is making his opinion up based on a fabricated view of reality rather than deriving it based on existing information, given his willful ignoring of established facts.

Um... Do you even know what the word "cite" means? Cite is a verb, not a noun. The noun form of the verb "to cite" is "citation". You're not citing your sources. You're saying you read books--What books do you read? Where do you get your opinions from? What evidence have you considered to form those opinions?

He isn't required to cite his sources by any means. But the fact of the matter is that if he doesn't he can't except any reasonably well-educated individual to take him or anything he says seriously. He could be deriving his opinions on religion's relationship with government from Tolkein novels for all we know. If he can't cite his sources, his argument cannot be considered valid in a logical discussion.

Now, if he were to cite his sources, we could have a real discussion.

Otherwise, we have to assume that he is making his opinion up based on a fabricated view of reality rather than deriving it based on existing information, given his willful ignoring of established facts.
I know what's that means. And that is ur opinion how you look at. I don't approve your timidating comments and look down on people. Its absolutely inappropriate behavior in such. My ex wife has my book and I couldn't remember the title of the bok, I know there is many faces on the cover and its blue, I don't remember the auther and the title I couldn't remember, ill ask my ex wife what and who. She gave me that for christmas long time ago and got it from walden....(couldn't rmember the name and its well name bookstore. I am reading too many books.

I know what's that means. And that is ur opinion how you look at. I don't approve your timidating comments and look down on people.

It's not an opinion. She (and Banjo) asked you to cite the sources where you got the information that ACLU tainted the Constitution (it hasn't been tainted since its creation).

Christians in Christian schools are required to provide citations for their research papers. You used certain Bibles with scriptures to prove your point. That is how you cite them.

My simple request is that you cite sources that claim that James Madison and Patrick Henry said those quotes. Snopes.com claimed James Madison and Patrick Henry has never said it in their writings. If Snopes.com is wrong, you HAVE to prove it.

It's not an opinion. She (and Banjo) asked you to cite the sources where you got the information that ACLU tainted the Constitution (it hasn't been tainted since its creation).

Christians in Christian schools are required to provide citations for their research papers. You used certain Bibles with scriptures to prove your point. That is how you cite them.

My simple request is that you cite sources that claim that James Madison and Patrick Henry said those quotes. Snopes.com claimed James Madison and Patrick Henry has never said it in their writings. If Snopes.com is wrong, you HAVE to prove it.
If you read what RR said and even tho, what I meant by tainted is even tho it said on constitutions and bill of rights, ACLU misinterpret it and only thing that has been change the way how to use them started this century by bigotry people. Ur cites is edited. Bec "don't put it there bec its chutrch and state separation". The whole written been preserved and anything that is relating to religions has to be edited. That's why you don't have them and even tho, you may knew its there, but not want to accept it or ignore it. Its not just christians themselves. I think the book title something like either .... Conqueror or Conqueror...., don't know exactly. No, christians doesn't make up stuff like that. Just like on other thread about thanksgiving, which misusing and doesn't believe anything that relating to religion, bec it has been edited and those edited begin on 20th century in latter time. Bec mine was huge different than urs, mine is huge different than my parents, bec its been edited little by little thru the years. Govmnt those times refuse to put God aside in every way of life and that's why part about freedom of religion. Thru the years our forefathers highly revere God and even mentioned if this nation without God control will fail moral values. There is so much more. You chose whatever cite you use and think its accurate, in some, but its edited.

Bec mine was huge different than urs, mine is huge different than my parents, bec its been edited little by little thru the years.

Yet you think the Bible isn't edited for the past two thousand years? :)

Yet you think the Bible isn't edited for the past two thousand years? :)

:) if Bible is edited, what more you need to know? Whether Bible is edited or not, argument still goes on. In ur POV, what's the key message about the Bible? Christians schools also have citations papers of American history. Can't prove other citations is false and argumentive and urs is accurate no argumentive, I don't think so. Extreme christians and extreme humanist and extreme religious, all behave the same way. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back