Android: Best SMS?

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
For those of you that use Android OS, what SMS app are you using and would you recommend it? Why?

The top two I know of are GoSMS Handcent.

I dont bother with anything else but the default messaging program with my conquer.

I dont bother with anything else but the default messaging program with my conquer.
I'm currently using GoSMS. The reason why I like it is because of the scheduled text messages.

It comes in handy in case I need to text myself a reminder or to send someone else a reminder.

For instance, my wife will ask me to remind her to call the doctor at 1 pm. Sometimes, I'll be working and forget to remind her. So, I schedule a text message to her saying... "Hey, don't forget to call your doctor!" and set it to send at 1 pm. While I'm working, my phone will automatically send the text message for me. :)

I'm currently using Handsent because I can't change the colors of the default messaging app without rooting my phone. The program is pretty good.

As a side note: I would just keep an eye on what apps you having running on the phone vs your SD card. Move apps to your SD which don't require resident memory?

I'm currently using Handsent because I can't change the colors of the default messaging app without rooting my phone. The program is pretty good.

As a side note: I would just keep an eye on what apps you having running on the phone vs your SD card. Move apps to your SD which don't require resident memory?

Wow, Handcent on iPhone require jailbreaking. :(

I love used Handcent sms because vibration pattern customize's best for my 10" att htc Jetstream and 7" t-mobile samsung galaxy tab

Back