android based mobile relay

radioman

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a new samsung Conquer android on order and it should be arriving soon. :D

My question is this - which mobile VRS do you like as for picture quality and connectivity issues? I freaking don't care for the VRS flame war- I just want the pro and cons you guys have already tried on a android unit. I will use them all if I have to, but it would be nice not to having to give out 5 VRS numbers to freinds/family.

I do not need to hear about IP texting relay- only Video type please.

I already use sorenson, zvrs, purple at home on various devices.

I have both Purple and ZVRS apps in my Android 4G phone by ATT. Both apps works great that I can chat with my wife at home from anywhere either WiFi spots and 4G network ranges especially ZVRS in both endpoints.

UPDATE:
I installed 2 vrs's software on my android. purple VRS and sorenson ntouch mobile. Both was available from the market downloads.

I was able to make a VRS call with purple VRS with my p3 account no problem. I just can't make a call to any VP with it. it tries to call and then automatically disconnects and goes back to same screen.

As for sorenson ntouch- very disappointing. Easy to install- I just cannot get a number yet. Funny thing is I made a CIR call directly from the ntouch app and the video seems very clear and no problems. They basically said sorry its not supported on YOUR model, even though I made the call to THEM using my conquer samsung mobile phone. Weird isnt it? I told them I still want to setup ntouch account for my mobile and they said it might give you problems. I accept the "problems" and they said they will contact me via email and its been a week and no reply. When i saw the utube video about sorenson being hitler like- WOW! that really hit that issue deadon!! I understand that sorenson wants to "train the customers" by using the excuse to install software or hardware or both - but come on... there are plenty of us with same smarts as the installers or better for that matter.

Next I'll install Z vrs mobile and will report back.

UPDATE:
I installed 2 vrs's software on my android. purple VRS and sorenson ntouch mobile. Both was available from the market downloads.

I was able to make a VRS call with purple VRS with my p3 account no problem. I just can't make a call to any VP with it. it tries to call and then automatically disconnects and goes back to same screen.

As for sorenson ntouch- very disappointing. Easy to install- I just cannot get a number yet. Funny thing is I made a CIR call directly from the ntouch app and the video seems very clear and no problems. They basically said sorry its not supported on YOUR model, even though I made the call to THEM using my conquer samsung mobile phone. Weird isnt it? I told them I still want to setup ntouch account for my mobile and they said it might give you problems. I accept the "problems" and they said they will contact me via email and its been a week and no reply. When i saw the utube video about sorenson being hitler like- WOW! that really hit that issue deadon!! I understand that sorenson wants to "train the customers" by using the excuse to install software or hardware or both - but come on... there are plenty of us with same smarts as the installers or better for that matter.

Next I'll install Z vrs mobile and will report back.

Sorenson don't use trainer for PC or Mobile but use CIR to get LN numbers ...

If you haven't gotten your email with LN number yet then contact CIR again and let them know ...

Back