Analog vs. Digital Hearing Aid

Do digital hearing aids filter out background noise better?

Do digital hearing aids filter out background noise better?

mine do great. the only thing i had trouble with was in my own head. I was so used to focusing on trying to decipher every little sound. so after I got the digital HAs my mind was overwhelmed with the flood of new sounds coming in. was getting migraines for the first few months i wore them. i can hear more of the things around me then ever before. it is great... just had to adjust to dealing with all the new sounds.

Everyone's different when it comes to digitals though. I definitely prefer the digital over analogs, just more volume and clarity. But some people just prefer the analogs. All you can do is give the new ones a try and see how you like them.
Ditto!!!! Everyone said that the digitals were gonna be THE NEXT big thing......but a lot of people still really like plain analogs.

Ditto!!!! Everyone said that the digitals were gonna be THE NEXT big thing......but a lot of people still really like plain analogs.

In my opinion, the people who prefers analogs have usually been long time analog users . For young users and new generations I guess digitals will be the choice.

I was a long time analog user till three years ago, then I switched to two digitals in august 2006 and have been using them with full pleasure. It took me seven months to adjust to the digitals.. and now I can hear much better with my digitals than that of my old analog.

Is it true that you can go to the audiologist and they can reprogram the digital hearing aids?

I am liking my starkey's

I don't have all the numbers down but my right hear also distorts sound. The digital seems to deal a little more with that. I have digitals in both ears and in normal one on one circumstances I do much better. In the more chaotic world out there I am still scrambling to sort and match sounds and having major glitches. So I will say they are better for me.

None, you can have it reprogrammed as many times you need, as you hear if it's right for you then it doesn't need reprogramming, if it's not quite right you need reprogramming...

Well I got the Siemens digital hearing aids today.

Everything sounds different. Some of the low frequency noises are not as loud as they used to be, but I think that's a good thing. I went into Jamba Juice today, and the loud blenders were muffled. Instead, the hearing aids picked up the song that was playing in the store.

I went on youtube to listen to different videos, and everything sounds clearer. I think I can hear more of what people are saying now.

The only nitpick is that the volume seemed a little 'soft' to me, but the audiologist said that was to be expected. It's also strange that I can turn the volume up pretty high and not have any feedback. There are no numbers on the volume, so I don't know how loud the hearing aids are right now.

I'v had numerous different hearing aids in the past years. My current hearing aid is the one that I can finally hearing with. But I also know my hearing aid is adjusted to the max volume on my hearing aid so if I lose any more hearing in that ear I would probably have to get a new HA

Well I got the Siemens digital hearing aids today.

Everything sounds different. Some of the low frequency noises are not as loud as they used to be, but I think that's a good thing. I went into Jamba Juice today, and the loud blenders were muffled. Instead, the hearing aids picked up the song that was playing in the store.

I went on youtube to listen to different videos, and everything sounds clearer. I think I can hear more of what people are saying now.

The only nitpick is that the volume seemed a little 'soft' to me, but the audiologist said that was to be expected. It's also strange that I can turn the volume up pretty high and not have any feedback. There are no numbers on the volume, so I don't know how loud the hearing aids are right now.

I have a Siemens as well for both of my ears, and agree on what you've said.

I like the channels have on mine.

1-Normal
2-Loud/noisy area
3-T-coil/Phone

The phone was the best thing I've ever had on hearing aids! My old analog I could not use the phone, and had to remove them to advoid feedbacks.

i'd get a Siemens again!

Right now I am wearing a pair of Phonak analog hearing aids. I have worn analog hearing aids for my entire life.

In about two weeks, I will switch over to a pair of Siemens digital hearing aids.

Does anyone know if there is a significant improvement in switching over to digital hearing aids? I heard some people go back to analog.

Thanks.

Please let me know how you like the Siemens digital hearing aids. My audiologist mentioned the possibility of trying those out. I have been TRYING (key word here!) to work with Phonak Naida V UP but to date, there have been some technical problems with the aid. I do have some concerns with the track record of that hearing aid having 'maintenance' needs. I did express this to the Phonak rep that came to the appt. today (the rep came to the appt. today to help w/ adjustments that I needed and it turned out the hearing aid wasn't 'functionable').

FYI: I have worn Phonak analog aids for several years (something like 8 or 9 years). Currently, I have a Phonak Superfront hearing aid that works well for me (am able to talk on the phone w/ relative ease but definitely not 100 percent).I have a severe to profound hearing loss. The switch from analog to digital is something that I have to work with because down the line, I understand analogs won't be made (Phonak has stopped making analogs- my husband's audiologist called Phonak company and they verified that. Evidently on the Phonak website they advertise analog aids. However, they will be removing that ad). I'm not having much success but that is only because I have been exposed to one digital hearing aid thus far: the Phonak Naida V UP.

Whoops. . .didn't see that last message above my post! Seems you like the Siemens so far. At any rate, please post how you're faring w/ the Seimen's aid. What's your hearing loss? Did I miss that info. somewhere? Thanks . . .

I need help

Hello, I need my first hearing aid. My doctor explained, the digitals are better than the analog. But the digitals are much more expensive. What do you think? Is there a great different between them?

Back