An update on my cat, Suki's health

Sosie, I am sorry for your cat Suki, cuddle and spoil her until the time comes.
My cat is of same age as your Suki, she had encountered cancer at 6 years old with very poor prognosis, They removed the cancer, gave her chemo then it was wait and see... they gave her few weeks to live but she lived another 9 years and was strong as ever, unfortuately now she's starting to show her age.. like you, I would not let her suffer. I had Misty since I was 17 so she is like my first child.

This morning, I called and told the vet that I am ready to put Suki to sleep because she doesn't feel comfortable and he said I can bring her in by tomorrow morning. :(

AWWWWW. :hug: i am so so so so so sorrrry. i think you are doing the right thing that your kitty isnt comfortable and does not need to suffer. She has a GREAT years years with you.

I am really so sorry that I was not posted here yesterday because I had a lot of deaf and hearing friends (including the veterinarian and neighbors) and family to come over to my place. They supported me. We all were talking about my cat like old memories, etc. Most remembered Suki since she was a kitten.
This morning, my sister stopped by and then, we took Suki to the vet. I talked with the vet briefly about Suki's health and they asked me if we are ready to put her to sleep. I said yes. My sister saw the whole thing while I petted and said to Suki, it's OK for her to go.. and she can join the Rainbows Bridge with other cats and dogs, she looked at me and she died instantly. I cried. That made the vet and my sister crying, too. We all hugged.
I miss Suki so much!!! (She was a good and sweet cat!) *sobbing* :cry:
Well, I guess that's about it. I am going back to sleep. I am tired.

Dont be.

hey, you have beautiful friends who came to see you and share the wonderful memories about your kitty. It is a very sweet things to do for them to do such a nice memorial for you and your beloved suki.

:hug: taking a long nap is a good idea. :tears:

Dont be.

hey, you have beautiful friends who came to see you and share the wonderful memories about your kitty. It is a very sweet things to do for them to do such a nice memorial for you and your beloved suki.

:hug: taking a long nap is a good idea. :tears:
I took a nap. I didn't realize that I slept so long. I guess I was tired at the time. I cried myself to sleep. Thanks, I needed the hug.

Thanks!

I was very depressed last Friday and yesterday. It was hard to say goodbye to Suki. I know I must be even more sad. I hope I feel a little better today.

Off topic- Just let you all know that I will not able to post here that much because I will be very busy to work around my townhouse, like cleaning, painting, replacing all the hardwood floors, etc before selling my townhouse and moving a bigger townhouse with two car garages.

Thanks again. :hug:

I was away whole weekend, I am so sorry sbout your cat Suki. She's not in pain anymore and is at peace.

Suki, say hello to Sooty, Pepper and Leo.

((((HUGS))))

This made me cry... I had to put my precious Chrissy down 12/30 after having her 11 yrs b/c she had recurring cancer... so I know how hard this is for you...

The best thing I can say is you did what Suki needed you to do... and she IS waiting at the bridge for you!! I like to think of Chrissy playing and running, being whole and well again~ that helps me some-- maybe it can help you too, to think of Suki that way... I dunno...

:hug: :hug: :hug: <--that's all I can say/do)

I was away whole weekend, I am so sorry sbout your cat Suki. She's not in pain anymore and is at peace.

Suki, say hello to Sooty, Pepper and Leo.

((((HUGS))))

That's OK.

Thanks, Overthepond. Yes, Suki is no longer in pain and she is in the heaven to be with other cats and dogs. I miss her very much. *sigh*

I received a lot of pet sympathy cards from family, friends, and co-workers. It was nice of them to send me the cards and also, it was so sweet and nice of the veterinarian to send me a card and a plaque. It's beautiful. That made me cry a little.

I told Suki your pets say hello. She "meowed" hello to them.
Thanks again.

:hug:

This made me cry... I had to put my precious Chrissy down 12/30 after having her 11 yrs b/c she had recurring cancer... so I know how hard this is for you...

The best thing I can say is you did what Suki needed you to do... and she IS waiting at the bridge for you!! I like to think of Chrissy playing and running, being whole and well again~ that helps me some-- maybe it can help you too, to think of Suki that way... I dunno...

:hug: :hug: :hug: <--that's all I can say/do)

:wave: Adamsmomma, I am so sorry to hear that.

Suki went to heaven to join the Rainbows Bridge with other cats and dogs, and I know that she's so happy up there. Thank you for your kind words.

Again, sorry to hear that. Here's a :hug: from me. I was thinking of joining the Rainbows Bridge groups to discuss about our cats/dogs's cancer, etc.

That's OK.

Thanks, Overthepond. Yes, Suki is no longer in pain and she is in the heaven to be with other cats and dogs. I miss her very much. *sigh*

I received a lot of pet sympathy cards from family, friends, and co-workers. It was nice of them to send me the cards and also, it was so sweet and nice of the veterinarian to send me a card and a plaque. It's beautiful. That made me cry a little.

I told Suki your pets say hello. She "meowed" hello to them.
Thanks again.

:hug:

That made me well up with tears, you got great people around you. I have my old cat on my lap as i type... i just feel for you so much, Like you I have close bond with my cat (and all animals) I know there will be time when i would loose my cat.

Leo, Pepper and Sooty was my childhood cats and had been long gone. They will look after Suki for you.

Lots and Lots of (((((( Hugs )))))

Ps are you going to get another cat?

That made me well up with tears, you got great people around you. I have my old cat on my lap as i type... i just feel for you so much, Like you I have close bond with my cat (and all animals) I know there will be time when i would loose my cat.

Leo, Pepper and Sooty was my childhood cats and had been long gone. They will look after Suki for you.

Lots and Lots of (((((( Hugs )))))

Ps are you going to get another cat?

Thanks, they were so good to me, which they still are. Funny, my Suki used to sit on my lap while I was typing, too. She fell asleep. She seemed to enjoy that. How cute?!
I understand how you feel as you went thru. I am sorry. :hug: I am sure that Suki will look after our childhood cats, too.
I do have a special close bond to my cats (and all kinds of animals... ) because the animals knew that I love them. My niece has 30 cats. When I visited her.. and the cats all ran to me. My niece said they liked me unlike her friends, they hissed at them. Smart cats... They can tell that I like them. Interesting!!!
Lots and lots of ((((Hugs))) back to you, too. Thanks.
I will plan to get a kitten or two in the near future but not now... too soon.. I am still grieving, you know. I miss my Suki very much. I still miss her. *sigh*
Thanks again, Overthepond!!

Back