An in "YOUR FACE" moment

Braydens Mom

Reaction score
....So must Ad'r know I recently had surgery. This took me away from the barn for a portion of the recovery. Our barn has a no stallions policy. Well, I own a stud colt. Those of you who don't know what a stud colt is, it is a young stallion. He is a yearling, showing no stallion tendencies...

The owner of the barn is aware of his age, (12 months) and was respecting the fact that I did not want to geld him this soon after my surgery. Gelding a colt requires time to exercise them multiple times a day. So they don't swell or get depressed.

So some annoying people at the barn found one of my online ads for the colt, printed it, underlined and highlighted the sections about him being a stud colt etc... and posted it in several locations at the barn. People were complaining that their mares where coming into season and blaming him. (Though, I turned him out in the arena with three of my mares who were in full blown heat cycle.. he played with the poles and cones and the mares went to bother geldings...) The same people were leaving notes on my dry erase training board.. and just annoyed the heck out of me.

So, I contacted the barn owner, told her what day I gelded the colt (April6th),, did it when no one was there. Made it out several times a day to work him.. all under the noses of the busy bodies.. Only the vet, barn owner and myself knew about it...

Well, one of the people yesterday asked the barn owner if I could move my horse to another stall because her mare was in heat again. She could "Smell" that he is a stallion.. (Again, colts don't usually mature sexually until they are two- four years old)..

The barn owner with a smirk on her face said" Really, thats weird that your mare would be in heat...(not like its not spring right>) You say its because of the colt? Hmm... He was gelded like 2 weeks ago!"

SO THERE!! HAHASHSAHAHAHAHAHA Serves her right! lol! :giggle::giggle:

I go to the barn to escape everything else. I don't need drama there. I just want to train my horses and be left alone. LOL!

Good for you. I take it you're feeling better since you're back in the barn??

I am feeling better. I went in for my 6 week checkup. The doc took out the remaining stitches..(ouch) and then I went straight to the barn and rode a horse! lol. Today I rode two 2 year olds, longed my yearling, and cleaned 6 stalls. I have six weeks worth of extra baggage that attached itself to my body... like an alien! lol!

Back