An accidental homosexuality experiment?

I know a guy that gay and he said was because he never felt that his father love or accepted him . He is trying to get the love he never got from his father.
I know women and men that been abused by their mothers and fathers and they learned not to trust or feel save with the opposite sex.

I don't know. I always advise people to be careful with the self analysis. Chances are he is way off base. If people could be objective enough about their own circumstances to make these judgements, we wouldn't need therapists.

I don't know. I always advise people to be careful with the self analysis. Chances are he is way off base. If people could be objective enough about their own circumstances to make these judgements, we wouldn't need therapists.
No he is not way off base! I know the father and saw how he treated his son. The dad never showed any love toward his son and no matter what the son did to win his father's love it made no difference. The son is trying to get the love he never got from his dad from other men.

I know a guy that gay and he said was because he never felt that his father love or accepted him . He is trying to get the love he never got from his father.
I know women and men that been abused by their mothers and fathers and they learned not to trust or feel save with the opposite sex.

I hear this often.

My opinion of why people do that? It is easier to justify being gay to the gay-unfriendly by stating things that are out of their control: being abused, neglected by parents, etc. How can you argue against that? Also, it somewhat satisfies the need of people to know that there MUST be a controllable reason for it.

My dad cheated on my mom. When I told my friends that I have a serious gf, the first thing a few friends (even though they already knew I was bi) said was "Did you lose your trust in men because of your dad?" I think people have this need to EXPLAIN why people do what they do. It's not just the gay thing. Examples like "Jennifer's son became an out of work actor. That's too bad. He seemed promising to become a lawyer. I think it's because Jennifer didn't put him in a private school." People have a tendency to look for reasons why things don't go perfectly (in their mind).

Gay men tend to be open about their feelings, so you hear about them being sexually abused a lot more than straight men. I know a married man who was sexually molested when he was young, but he would NEVER tell his friends nor his parents. (His wife told me).

Think of it this way. Women (whether they are straight or bi) usually tell their closest friends/family that they were abused or neglected by their parents or whoever, so you really don't see a disparity between gay or straight women in terms of being abused/neglected. Only in men.

No he is not way off base! I know the father and saw how he treated his son. The dad never showed any love toward his son and no matter what the son did to win his father's love it made no difference. The son is trying to get the love he never got from his dad from other men.

That doesn't mean his father's coldness is the reason he is gay. There are plenty of straight people who were raised with cold, unaffectionate fathers.

That doesn't mean his father's coldness is the reason he is gay. There are plenty of straight people who were raised with cold, unaffectionate fathers.

No two person react to the same life experience the same way! You should know that! The guy I know it not really happy being gay , he think being gay with get him the love he never got from his dad. I wish my friend would realize that being gay is not going made up not feeling loved by his dad.

No two person react to the same life experience the same way! You should know that! The guy I know it not really happy being gay , he think being gay with get him the love he never got from his dad. I wish my friend would realize that being gay is not going made up not feeling loved by his dad.

I have to agree that being gay is not going to make up for his lack of love from his father, but if it is fatherly love he is looking for, it would not include a gay relationship.

I think there are actually fewer practicing homosexuals nowadays than back then due to birth controls. Back then, a lot of guys practiced homosexuality as a way to protect themselves from being daddies but with birth control being accessible, they feel more comfortable having sex with women and not worry about fatherhood.

So, what's left is guys who are truly homosexual.. exclusively homosexual... is less than 2% of the population.

I think there are actually fewer gays nowadays than back then due to birth controls. Back then, a lot of guys practiced homosexuality as a way to protect themselves from being daddies but with birth control being accessible, they feel more comfortable having sex with women and not worry about fatherhood.

That.... makes no sense. Define "back then".

What about STDs?

I think there are actually fewer practicing homosexuals nowadays than back then due to birth controls. Back then, a lot of guys practiced homosexuality as a way to protect themselves from being daddies but with birth control being accessible, they feel more comfortable having sex with women and not worry about fatherhood.

So, what's left is guys who are truly homosexual.. exclusively homosexual... is less than 2% of the population.

Indeed not very logic. Homosexuality is not a "practice" no more than heterosexuality is. It is a combination of attitudinal, behavior, emotional and cognitive caracteristics.

Being exclusively homosexual doesn't make someone "truly" homosexual. Being gay or bisexual is a question of how the person defines him or herself and cannot be based solely on behavior.

Back