Amusement Park after CI surgery?

mikatehgr8t

Reaction score
I really want to go to the amusement park with a group of people. Not the exact day of my CI surgery (Jul 18)....but like 1-7 days later. Would that be okay? OR should I stay home?

I really want to go to the amusement park with a group of people. Not the exact day of my CI surgery (Jul 18)....but like 1-7 days later. Would that be okay? OR should I stay home?

My opinion, stay home. I had CI surgery May 2nd. Even if your feeling ok, you just had surgery and they drilled a hole in your skull. It takes time to heal and you have to be very careful. Rides at an amusement park on days 1-7 post op, not a good idea. Good luck with your surgery!!!

shoot even 2 weeks after my CI surgery I was still taking it easy, slowly getting my energy back and such.

shoot even 2 weeks after my CI surgery I was still taking it easy, slowly getting my energy back and such.

At first I didn't know if this was for real. I mean wanting to go to an amusement park on day either 1-7 post op. it takes a good 6 weeks to heal. What if you went on a ride and banged your head, like most roller coasters do. You can be in serious trouble. These surgeries cost a lot of money and you need to take the time to heal. A lot people here know how my recovery went. Things happen, be prepared!!!!

Holy moly, I'd be scared to death to ride a roller coaster right after CI surgery! Your head bangs around on the rides, that would be absolutely awful!

I stayed home after my surgery. I didn't really go out anywhere unless i had a doctor appointment to check up on my internal implant to see if i was healing okay and stuff. I wouldn't go to a amusement park if i were you! you're still going to be healing and probably not feeling so good. I remember on the 3rd day after my surgery, my mom wanted to have me moving around in the house and it wasn't a good idea because i passed out in front of my mom, luckily my dad caught me. I have a tendency to pass out after surgery and not eating and stuff like that. If i were you i would get lots of rest, be comfy in bed, and don't do anything crazy!

I had my surgery done back in March and I still wouldn't want to go on any amusement park rides at this time. At times the left side of my head/ear is still a bit tender or sensitive as it's still healing.

Depends on what you're planning on doing. If you're going to take it easy and feel well, enjoy the day. If you're still feeling the affects of the surgery, plan for another time so you can give your body a chance to heal.

Yeah, like Reba said, ask your doctor. One week is too soon, IMHO. Based on my two experiences, I would say after the third week, you should be fine. Also, keep in mind that your cochlear fluid is drained during the surgery; it is what maintains your balance, so you might get dizzier than usual during the rides.

Can u ask ur doctor to change the date? Tell him that u want to go to Amusement Park with ur friends before surgery.

Back