American kids denied food stamps in Alabama under immigration law

There are many people that get paid and work under the table...even legal citizens!...So, don't just point the finger at the illegals....

Many restaurants even pay their workers under the table, and they also don't even file their tips to the IRS. Same as for House Cleaning businesses, carpet cleaning businesses....the list goes on and on. I even saw a show on TV (Judge Judy), where this guy "admitted" he was paid under the table for working at his brother's swimming pool business. Nothing new....
I know people who clean houses and carpets, and they don't work "under the table." They report all their wages, and pay their taxes.

Charleston is one of the premier restaurant cities of the US. I've never seen anything in the news about their workers being paid under the table.

I'm not saying it never happens but I think it's unfair to categorize entire service industries that way.

I know people who clean houses and carpets, and they don't work "under the table." They report all their wages, and pay their taxes.

Charleston is one of the premier restaurant cities of the US. I've never seen anything in the news about their workers being paid under the table.

I'm not saying it never happens but I think it's unfair to categorize entire service industries that way.

I didn't say the entire service industry....I said "many". And I, too, know of restaurants that report their wages/earnings, etc....And of course, it would not be "in the news" unless somebody wanted to be a whistle blower.

And for those who have a felony record and employers won't hire them...they find jobs "under the table.".....It's no secret, Reba. We have many, many restaurants here in Jacksonville & the Beaches also, moreso than Charleston, S.C. ...Even a lot of Construction Companies do the same thing. It's against the law, but it's still being done.

They are American citizens, just like every other American citizen. You can't deny them food stamps just because you don't like their parents. If you really are serious about the problem, start talking to local politicians about getting serious about REAL fines for companies hiring illegal immigrants, and legal ways for people from Central America to come here. No one would come here illegally if illegal immigration wasn't profitable.

I know of some cases where illegal aliens are working and using another social security number. So somebody is getting the social security. I haven't wanted to ask how that works for them, where they get the social security numbers. Sometimes they go in to their bosses and say they need to change social security numbers, and give the boss a new one.

So some of them are working, paying the same deductions, but but will not be getting the social security later.

They are American citizens, just like every other American citizen. You can't deny them food stamps just because you don't like their parents. If you really are serious about the problem, start talking to local politicians about getting serious about REAL fines for companies hiring illegal immigrants, and legal ways for people from Central America to come here. No one would come here illegally if illegal immigration wasn't profitable.

It's not about not liking their parents.
Arizona was told it couldn't enforce immigration law, it had to leave that up the federal government. So why should private businesses have to be enforcers, doing what the Federal government won't do and the state government isn't permitted to do?.

If you want to get really serious about it, insist that the *federal* government do its job. Why don't we get serous and impose real fines on federal employees who don't do their jobs?

And yes, I'm in favor of immigration becoming a much more open process.

Back