American Censorship Block Internet?

For example, if SOPA happen, we won't gt to see AllyASL to doing terp on music in audio to sign language. Think about it.

Take a stance against SOPA in its current form, along with Google, Yahoo, Facebook, AOL, Ebay, Amazon, Namecheap etc. These giant internet tech companies are taking a hard stand against SOPA and are even threatening to blackout on the 23rd of January for a extended period of time to show the world what could happen if SOPA passes.

it's because those internet giants' hefty revenues come from search linkages aka ads. that's hundreds of millions of dollars.

ssssssshhhhhhhhh......

takeaction.png

The Senate will begin voting on January 24th? https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/

Tell Congress: Don’t censor the Web

Fighting online piracy is important. The most effective way to shut down pirate websites is through targeted legislation that cuts off their funding. There’s no need to make American social networks, blogs and search engines censor the Internet or undermine the existing laws that have enabled the Web to thrive, creating millions of U.S. jobs.

Too much is at stake – please vote NO on PIPA and SOPA.

Former Senator (unless it was Congressman) Chris Dodd promised not to be a lobbyist when he left office two years ago. He was hired by the movie industry and has lobbied hard for the law. He says that the companies and bloggers participating in the blackout are irresponsible and are abusing their power.

I don't think the pirates are to blame. They are just an excuse used to give the Entertainment industry and politicians more power.

I got an email from a friend with a utube of Mountain Gorilla Family in Camp and I wanted to watch it again but it is blocked because of this censorship! This is outrageous ! We're losing more rights all the time! Some people are find with this but I think it SUCK! What can I do to protest this?? Who would call to tell how you feel about this ? Has anyone notice the black out on their screen? I have it on my on the left corner of some web site!

I got an email from a friend with a utube of Mountain Gorilla Family in Camp and I wanted to watch it again but it is blocked because of this censorship! This is outrageous ! We're losing more rights all the time! Some people are find with this but I think it SUCK! What can I do to protest this?? Who would call to tell how you feel about this ? Has anyone notice the black out on their screen? I have it on my on the left corner of some web site!

It's too late. People should have joined me in protesting the Patriot Act, but I got taunted instead. We have built our own beds, so sleep in it. Phooey.

Former Senator (unless it was Congressman) Chris Dodd promised not to be a lobbyist when he left office two years ago. He was hired by the movie industry and has lobbied hard for the law. He says that the companies and bloggers participating in the blackout are irresponsible and are abusing their power.

I don't think the pirates are to blame. They are just an excuse used to give the Entertainment industry and politicians more power.

Finally! Someone got it!

I have joined the protest. I am against SOPA and PIPA. My website is censored in protest of SOPA and PIPA.

The fact that this is happening and people don't seem to be in an uproar over it is quite worrisome. People do not realize that this type of law will lead to more severe laws being created over the years.

This is going to be the gateway to more laws people will not want, and this type of law is not going to put a dent in piracy anyway. People always find a way, no matter what.

Your last statement makes me think of the Prohibition (1920 to 1933) which the organized crime made profits off of it and the crimes really increased.

It's too late. People should have joined me in protesting the Patriot Act, but I got taunted instead. We have built our own beds, so sleep in it. Phooey.

I did protest the Patriot Act , not here but on my own.

If so, and if SOPA pass. We would stop watch film/tv to make them a sour business? :D

The MPAA has far, far too much power in the film industry, same with the RIAA having too much power in the music industry. The fact is, they don't contribute much to either these days. They are just here to wring power over everyone else.

I think protesting the Patriot Ace was too late. We've been frogs in a kettle for at least a hundred years.

The expansion of the Commerce Law has been the road to massive Crony Capitalism (the real story of the Golden Spike is an example of that).

The Patriot was, and with the further expansion of it, is also an abuse of power, but a different category.

Voters have just been letting the government run on auto pilot for way too long, and politicians of all stripes grabbed the wheel. The more bread adn circuses they give us, the more we are content to let them drive.

Last edited:
Grayma, it's not just that. The government itself is far too bloated and set in its old ways. With today's technology and how accessible information is these days, I think it makes more sense to slim down the government and eliminate some branches of the government. Do people honestly need hundreds and hundreds of senators, representatives and more? Far too many lobbyists are putting cash into politicians' pockets as well. The capitalists basically own the government nowadays.

It would be nice if the people of America would be able to vote on everything through the internet rather than the representatives. This way, more voices are heard. No more ayes and nays from the politicians who may be in debt to the corporations to speak for the Americans.

Grayma, it's not just that. The government itself is far too bloated and set in its old ways. With today's technology and how accessible information is these days, I think it makes more sense to slim down the government and eliminate some branches of the government. .

YES!! I also think that the Senate and Congress should have to telecommute. that would make it more difficult for lobbyists. That would save money, while making sure that our 'representatives' would actually still have a bigger connection with 'we, the people,' then with each other.

I think they should never be allowed to pass any law they haven't all read.

Incidentally that actually IS the law, except there is a waiver allowing them dispense with the law if they vote not to read aloud the bill. That waiver needs to go.

I think they should be banned from buying or selling stock, doing any sort of market trading until they've been out of office for two years, or at least fully blind trusts for every single one of them, the trusts run by people with whom they have no contact except 'here's what you made/lost this year,' and 'okay, thanks.'

And I am in favor of term limits, returning the three legged stool of the three branches of government to the more even footing originally established.

OH- and NO salary raises without a direct vote.

The judge system, even Supreme Court in US is seriously flawed and I think that most judges need to be thrown out.

Back