AMD Turion 64 x2 vs Intel Core 2 duo processor

Oh really? I feel like shame for pick a wrong thing but it's worth to try on Mac, I haven't used Mac for very long time.

If I'm not PC gamer then would be different story, I'm focus on PC games so more than consoles.

My MBP won't run GTA IV due lacks of VRAM, I feel like worthless to pick with 128 MB since game require 256 MB or over, that's ruin of my enjoy for thanksgivings and decided to took Xbox 360 with me, also GeForce 8600m GT is defective as well.

Me too. I am planning get Duo 2 core 3.0 Ghz so I can overclock. also AMD CPU are still good but not fast enough to beat intel yet since I read Tom's Hardware website. AMD used be best CPU at all and indeed cheap. However AMD CPU still play good with game and another software as long as fast equal to 30 FPS or above still good.

I just ordered new HDD with 320 GB and 7200 RPM also for my new notebook.

HDD with 5400 RPM is too slow and seems useless.

Yes, sooner all HDD will changed to SSD in future. It's a similar as digital camera memory stick.

I just ordered new HDD with 320 GB and 7200 RPM also for my new notebook.

HDD with 5400 RPM is too slow and seems useless.

it depends on the use. if you're very mobile - 5400rpm would be good idea because it does not skip easily and it does not break easily due to movement. 7200rpm is susceptible to movement and it will wear out fast.

it really depends on the situation - right tool for right scenario. there's nothing wrong with getting 7200rpm for laptop though.

I just bought a Gateway FX P7805u laptop with the 2.26Ghz Intel Core2 Duo "Penryn" CPU alongside with a 1GB Nvidia GeForce 9800M GTS.

My impression is that the Intel did so much better than the AMD Athlon64 3200 that was installed in my old HP Pavilion ZV5410us that I bought 4 years ago The Core2 Duo didnt throw off so much heat unlike the AMD especially when I overloaded it.

I ran the Gateway on the PC versions of "Gears of War" and GTA4. The laptop just shrugged it off with what was thrown at it. Even with 1GB of ram in the Nvidia, GTA 4 only used 680mb when I maxxed out the graphics.

Pretty impressive so I'm going to keep buying Intel even if it costs me an arm n leg lol.

I got ASUS N50 from delivery this morning and inserted new HDD 7200 RPM then currently install Vista 64 right now.

It's really little big than my MBP.

I just bought a Gateway FX P7805u laptop with the 2.26Ghz Intel Core2 Duo "Penryn" CPU alongside with a 1GB Nvidia GeForce 9800M GTS.

My impression is that the Intel did so much better than the AMD Athlon64 3200 that was installed in my old HP Pavilion ZV5410us that I bought 4 years ago The Core2 Duo didnt throw off so much heat unlike the AMD especially when I overloaded it.

I ran the Gateway on the PC versions of "Gears of War" and GTA4. The laptop just shrugged it off with what was thrown at it. Even with 1GB of ram in the Nvidia, GTA 4 only used 680mb when I maxxed out the graphics.

Pretty impressive so I'm going to keep buying Intel even if it costs me an arm n leg lol.

Nice laptop, I had seen on FX before and don't want 17 inches notebook because I already have desktop and prefer 15.4 inches notebook for travel.

Have you max out on drawing distance from GTA IV? I had tried it on desktop with powerful graphic card but max at less than 40 because of 512 MB VRAM.

Yup, same here, I was consider to get AMD PC but nevermind, Intel is already satisfy my need.

Me too. I am planning get Duo 2 core 3.0 Ghz so I can overclock. also AMD CPU are still good but not fast enough to beat intel yet since I read Tom's Hardware website. AMD used be best CPU at all and indeed cheap. However AMD CPU still play good with game and another software as long as fast equal to 30 FPS or above still good.

Same with graphic card, if you running newer games on PC with Intel GMA or other integrated video chipset then you wouldn't able to get over 30 FPS.

Nice laptop, I had seen on FX before and don't want 17 inches notebook because I already have desktop and prefer 15.4 inches notebook for travel.

Have you max out on drawing distance from GTA IV? I had tried it on desktop with powerful graphic card but max at less than 40 because of 512 MB VRAM.

Yup, same here, I was consider to get AMD PC but nevermind, Intel is already satisfy my need.

I maxxed out the draw distance for GTA 4 on the Nvidia. The result was that 787 meg was used out of the 1GB I have available. Doing so is gonna really push the GeForce 9800M GTS to its limits so I throttled it back to only 384 megs and it still looks beautiful on screen. Look at the attached shot of how much MB the GeForce used for GTA4...

I maxxed out the draw distance for GTA 4 on the Nvidia. The result was that 787 meg was used out of the 1GB I have available. Doing so is gonna really push the GeForce 9800M GTS to its limits so I throttled it back to only 384 megs and it still looks beautiful on screen. Look at the attached shot of how much MB the GeForce used for GTA4...

Try max out on view distance if you needed.

I can't max out on texture quality due VRAM limitation, it means I need buy video card with 1 GB VRAM.

Ok guys thank for the head up and now I know what to buy my next laptop. Since this one I have is AMD and I hate it. My son kept download so much stuffs and I told him to stop. So now it is in the shop. :( So the next laptop will be mine and the old one will be going to my son so if he messed up then that would be his problem. hehe.

Ok guys thank for the head up and now I know what to buy my next laptop. Since this one I have is AMD and I hate it. My son kept download so much stuffs and I told him to stop. So now it is in the shop. :( So the next laptop will be mine and the old one will be going to my son so if he messed up then that would be his problem. hehe.

:rofl: Nothing new for kids. two of basement PC that I have always get screwed by kids downloading games ect. I had to reformat and reinstall fresh copy. What can I do...:shrug:

So that is good idea to have your own laptop and kids can't touch it! :rofl:

Catty

Back