Ambush Makeovers on Today Show

Jane B.

Reaction score
Why do they always wind up with hair flopping in their face? I am not planning on being in New York so it is not something that will happen to me. But this has been irritating me for a long time. My demand would be NO bangs and NO hair in my face.

Bangs are hot right now b/c the first lady has them .

Bangs aren't toooooo bad but it is the ones that flop in peoples face that really get me. If I remember right, they have been doing the bangs since before she did hers. I know they have been doing the ones that flop across the face for a year or two at least.

I pull my hair completely off my face and have it long enough to pile up on top.

I don't watch the Today Show, so I haven't seen those examples. However, I've worn bangs nearly all my life. Not all of us have attractive hairlines. I have a low hairline with a distinct widow's peak, so pulling my hair back or parting it never looked good. Right now I keep my bangs at eyebrow length (trying to disguise my salt-and-pepper eyebrows). My bangs are mostly white, and cut into pixyish points. I'm told that my style looks "cute." :giggle:

One benefit of life-long bangs is that I have no forehead wrinkles. :lol:

Thanks for the link. :)

I guess if the bangs bother the women they can modify the look when they get home.

I would like to see them presenting more ideas that didn't have the hair across the face. I know they can make some changes when they get home. I also would love to see someone not happy with what was done to them.

I have never been a fan of makeover shows, parties, or ect but one has to admit that most of these girls came out the better for it. While the hair helps, I think it was more the makeup application than the hair; except the one titled "Mom to Supermodel".

Sent from my iPad using AllDeaf

I've had bangs as long as I can remember....why?...because I have a very high forehead and a round face....bangs look better on me. Now, I side-sweep them, just got a short haircut and love it!....No way am I trying to "copy" Michelle Obama!....HAHA....Perhaps she's trying to copy me?....

I wear bangs side swept also. No real reason, just always have. I like my hair long because I can do a lot of different things with it. Since I had to cut a lot of hair off after I was sick, I've spent almost three years letting it get long again.

My oldest daughter does so many beautiful different braids. I'm not that talented.

I've always had my hair swept to the side since I was a kid. I have called it eye bangs, flippy, sideways, the Rachel (Jennifer Aniston popularized it), attractive, gorgeous, or smokin... ya know? :P

I've always had my hair swept to the side since I was a kid. I have called it eye bangs, flippy, sideways, the Rachel (Jennifer Aniston popularized it), attractive, gorgeous, or smokin... ya know? :P

Mine is soft and it doesn't stay to the side. Then I hate trying to see through it.

Bangs aren't toooooo bad but it is the ones that flop in peoples face that really get me. If I remember right, they have been doing the bangs since before she did hers. I know they have been doing the ones that flop across the face for a year or two at least.

I only had bangs once and I did not like them . You're missing my point , women like to copy what the first ladies wears. Women where copying Jacqueline Kennedy like crazy when she was the first lady.

Mine is soft and it doesn't stay to the side. Then I hate trying to see through it.

I know what you mean, I use a spray gel to keep mine in place, but it will always end up falling over half my face anyway! LOL So I'm used to seeing through it.

I had a horrible time with bangs, but I think it was due to my hair being very wavy. I wasn't willing to style them and end up pinning them back until they grew out. I'm jealous of people who can leave the house with gorgeous hair with minimal or no styling! My hair is in a pony tail or messy bun pretty much every day.

I had a horrible time with bangs, but I think it was due to my hair being very wavy. I wasn't willing to style them and end up pinning them back until they grew out. I'm jealous of people who can leave the house with gorgeous hair with minimal or no styling! My hair is in a pony tail or messy bun pretty much every day.

That goes for me the same way you do. Only problem with the bangs is that it grow so fast. I just don't have the time to trim my bangs. So I like it long and put on the ponytail. It is all right but look better that way. :hmm:

My hair is in my face 99.9% of the time, unless I'm at work... because I don't want to get blood in it... because that's gross.... :shock: Other than that, my hair is always styled in my face... I prefer it that way. :dunno2: Personal preference.

Back