Amber Frey

Mommyof3

Reaction score
Amber Frey talks of trial, book and life after Peterson
Tuesday, January 11, 2005 Posted: 9:07 AM EST (1407 GMT)

Frey: Book is "opportunity to tell my story."

(Court TV) -- Scott Peterson shouldn't hold his breath for a prison visit from Amber Frey.

In an interview with Court TV's Nancy Grace Sunday, Peterson's former girlfriend said she has no plans to write to the convicted double-murderer, nor to visit him on California's death row. She also said she wouldn't accept phone calls from him.

"I have moved on. I have moved forward," Frey said in her first live primetime interview since a San Mateo County jury recommended that Peterson be executed for killing his pregnant wife and unborn son.

She acknowledged she was initially "very sad" and emotional when she learned the man she once loved was to be put to death, but now believes justice was served.

"Scott's responsible for his actions and the jurors were presented with all the evidence and they decided that was the verdict," she said.

During the one-hour interview, Frey defended her decision to write a book, "Witness for the Prosecution," about the relationship and her role at the trial.

"I have been the subject of ridicule. People talk about me and they don't know me and this is an opportunity to tell my story ... to have my voice and to set the record straight," she said.

She noted that the time she spent cooperating with authorities and taping phone conversations with the fertilizer salesman cost her income. "I owe it to my children to secure their future," she said of profits from the book.

Frey said that, although people tend to be supportive and kind, she still feels uncomfortable in the supermarket checkout line, where she is frequently featured on tabloid covers. "My daughter is old enough to recognize me and she yells, 'That's my mom,'" said Frey, who also has an infant son.

Frey believed Peterson was single when she began dating him in November 2002. She learned he was married to Laci Peterson six weeks later when the 27-year-old expectant mother disappeared.

Frey said that from their first meeting, a blind date at a Japanese restaurant, she began fantasizing about marrying Peterson and quickly fell in love.

"At one point, I had those feelings for him," she said, adding that these days, "I don't." She said that now when she thinks of Peterson, "I think of somebody I didn't really know. I think of, you know, a wolf in sheep's clothing."

Peterson, 32, is to be formally sentenced February 25.

Frey said she is eager to resume her massage therapy work.

Now She wrote the Book about Scott, Laci and Amber's stories. As I heard that CBS asked Amber to tell her story to make a Movie but no plan to set a Date. She earn more money to have herself but Scott don't.

What do you think of Amber? Is she doing right thing to write the book and make a movie? If not, Why not?
Mommyof3

Obviously she's trying to rake in some bucks on the case! (groans)

Back