am I the only one? NO BASHING!!

darkangel8603 said:
although i only had my implant activated for 8 months (wow that long already?!?) i still love my implant, although there are some noises i get annoyed of, but i just learn to ingore it, other than that i just take my implant off and i am deaf again.. :whistle:

Can I ask you what sort of noises that annoying you, cause I haven't experience what it like to be implanted

Just curious :aw:

LinuxGold said:
Ack, interesting -- environmential "noise" that hearies were talking about. Thanks for sharing.

my mom is hearing and she heard a strange noise and she told me "lucky ya you didn't hear it"

she said that the noise was awful
wow i said to myself whew i didn't heard it

i know that i hate noises
if i have CI i would hate it too

^Angel^ said:
Can I ask you what sort of noises that annoying you, cause I haven't experience what it like to be implanted

Just curious :aw:

lol.. the most annoying thing that i hear is the car turn signel blinking... it makes me feel like screaming.. lol..

darkangel8603 said:
lol.. the most annoying thing that i hear is the car turn signel blinking... it makes me feel like screaming.. lol..

LOL really? wow that's interesting...Thanks for sharing that with me :)

moonflower said:
my mom is hearing and she heard a strange noise and she told me "lucky ya you didn't hear it"

she said that the noise was awful
wow i said to myself whew i didn't heard it

i know that i hate noises
if i have CI i would hate it too

It's happen to me too :whistle:

wow interesting....

I rather to stick with my deafness... It was like peaceful to me... :)

Liebling:-))) said:
wow interesting....

I rather to stick with my deafness... It was like peaceful to me... :)

I agree :lol:

Not bashing here but when I think, "50-60 K for an opportunuty paid for by insurance is now in ashes over ..........."the novelty of it all". That's just beyond me, I'm sorry.

Tousi said:
Not bashing here but when I think, "50-60 K for an opportunuty paid for by insurance is now in ashes over ..........."the novelty of it all". That's just beyond me, I'm sorry.
I heard you bashing. :whistle:

I understand everybody's perspective but try this: we have things that annoys our sight like the sun shining into our eyes, we have things that annoys our taste like the food we don't like, we have things that annoys our touch like rubbing your fingertips together when it's pruned from being too wet and we have things that annoys our nose like skunks.

Point is, there are annoying sounds, but I know the hearing people wouldn't give up their hearing when they hear you scratch a chalkboard :roll:

suicidegirl said:
am I the only one who HATES her cochlear implant?
I doubt you're the only one. I know more exist.
suicidegirl said:
I was implanted two years ago, all expenses were paid by my insurance. for a while, I found it sooo amazing and I fell in love with classicial music. it was interesting to see how I had correctly "imagined" what the sounds would sound like.
That is so interesting! I never knew that! No wonder music is so popular among deaf people.
suicidegirl said:
but fast forward a year later, the novelty wore off and I began to realize that I didn't really enjoy wearing my implant. I never could get used to the background noise. I spend a LOT of time doing nothing at work, and random sounds bothered me so much. sounds like silverware clinking against eachother, the air conditioner humming, and dogs barking. and people talking? I just couldn't get used to it.
Even some hearing people can't get over any of it. It took me lots of practice to get over it myself.
suicidegirl said:
it's been several months since I last wore my implant and I don't regret getting an implant at all. my curiousity was satisified and I guess the adage "silence is golden" applies to me. I just can't imagine being hearing.
That's good that you tried it yourself and made the decision for yourself. :cheers:

Fragmenter said:
I understand everybody's perspective but try this: we have things that annoys our sight like the sun shining into our eyes, we have things that annoys our taste like the food we don't like, we have things that annoys our touch like rubbing your fingertips together when it's pruned from being too wet and we have things that annoys our nose like skunks.

Point is, there are annoying sounds, but I know the hearing people wouldn't give up their hearing when they hear you scratch a chalkboard :roll:

Excellent point and very true. I was just saying in another thread that certain buses and trucks are really "LOUD" and annoy the heck out of me. But is that going to stop me from hearing with my CI? You gotta be kidding me...no way Jose. The benefits of my CI far, far outweigh some annoyances in noises...

Fragmenter said:

exactly!! I agree with you completely on this.

There are some noises that annoy me such as car signal beeping, paper crackling (gives me shivers!), hearing myself peeing (I may never get used to it!) and dogs barking (man, they hurt my ears) and many more....

But nothing will ever take away my ability to hear my girls talking, crying, laughing or screaming. I hear them fighting in the bathroom right now and I am smiling because my CI allowed me to hear all sounds whether I like it or not...the world is indeed noisy and it is a blessing to be deaf sometimes!!! At least I have a choice - whether to hear or not ;)

Fragmenter and Gemtum

:gpost: very good.

I do have a VCR that give out annoying beep when using remote that my bro hate. I said sorry I can't change it.

Boult said:
I do have a VCR that give out annoying beep when using remote that my bro hate. I said sorry I can't change it.

tsk :nono: tsk

I thought you'd have abandoned VHS and gone DVD 100%! :)

Cheri said:
I heard you bashing. :whistle:

Lol, Cheri, yout'e cute. Believe it or not, I don't even know who I was referring to and I won't look so I hope that person doesn't take what I said personally.

Fragmenter said:
tsk :nono: tsk

I thought you'd have abandoned VHS and gone DVD 100%! :)
that was in the past when I was staying at my brother's in late 80's, I brought my vcr/cc decoder with me.

Boult said:
that was in the past when I was staying at my brother's in late 80's, I brought my vcr/cc decoder with me.

:rofl: whew, you almost scared me there!

I wouldn't be surprised if you were the first guy on the planet to have a DVD player in his living room!

Fragmenter said:
:rofl: whew, you almost scared me there!

I wouldn't be surprised if you were the first guy on the planet to have a DVD player in his living room!
Heh.. I still have that vcr, when my bro visited me after I moved here.. I showed him that vcr. he groaned.. lol

Back