Am I crazy??

The further I go in my sign classes the more I find myself "thinking sign". This usually is a good indication of a grasp of the language. Just like learning French or Spanish. When you can think in the language and not have to mentally translate before saying what you want. I look at it as an accomplishment! My friends all know I'm taking classes and if I find myself signing I try to go ahead and speak what I'm signing as well. Thank goodness they are all supportive!

i did signed to my boss at my work and i told him im need go bathroom he was like what you say and keep say me fag lmaoo so i final sign him asshole he said what and he learned that i called him lolol and he dont care if i say bad word becasue he know me that i am redneck as he too lol

I had hearing friends who speak to me rather than signing. It was pretty funny when they realize they made a mistake. It is good news, it means they looked at me a normal person rather than their "deaf" friend. At least what I think it as of.

I remember having a converstation with my mom and one of my deaf friends.. I had to interpret cuz my friend couldn't lipread or talk.. she had a problem with her vocal chords.. I don't remember why. and we started chatting.. soon enough.. I forgot my mom was hearing.. so i'm signing back and forth and I signed something to my mom (she doesn't sign) and she gave me a look of "WTF?" and I was like.. Oh man! I forgot she didn't sign.. So i told my mom "I"m sorry mom. I forgot you can hear and don't sign."
Mom was cool about it. She was glad to see me having fun chatting.. cuz i do it so rarely. I was still using my voice.. cuz i grew up voicing and signing at the same time.. So she knew what was going on.. she just was shocked that i'd sign something to her.

Last edited:
hahaha.. no you are not crazy... it did happened to me.. i am deaf... i was living with blind/deaf friend f or 4 months.. i had to fingerspell under her hands.. i ended up doing to the hearing friends...fingerspelling under their hands...RME...

Yeah, I did that way...but worse I spoke to deaf friends during dark night thur put my hands on their hands. Next thing, they took hands out from my hands "what you doing?!" OOOH...that was my habit since I has been with usher gal for decade year.

I knew that was my automatic to do from my brain cells! :giggle:

Yes, I've done that a lot too. Especially through windows or when someone's out of earshot. It's really kinda funny!

lol thats funny...

Another thing.
My mom has a *BAD BAD HABITS*
every time I visit my mom or she visit us...
She would make sure my husband or one of
my kids to LOOK AT HER before she start to
speak!!!
she said "DAMN IT its a habit! I always have
to wait for Wendy to look at me but you guys
don't need to look at me. I'm very sorry"
my family giggled a lot but they got used to
her way because she does that OFTEN..
even to my 2 other sisters.. they get annoyed
sometime LOL they said "MOM I'm not Wendy"
Grins... I guess all hearing peoples will have that
bad habits!!! even deaf people too :)

I've done that too! Especially re-signing to the hearing client. I'm definitely guilty of that one. :giggle:

OMG yes. I also, if the Deaf Client speaks for him/herself, will want to sign what they just said back to them.

I also find myself talking to myself in sign, thinking to myself in sign, and signing to my non-signing boyfriend while I'm eating or brushing my teeth. It's terrible! I start talking ("So I was at the") *take a bite of food* STORE BEFORE WOW! SALE STEAK! *swallow* ("It was only $5/lb for blahblahblah"). He looks at me like I'm stupid, but with an underlying layer of curiosity.

LMAO
i do that to my hearing friend and she goes like what and i end up laughing and had to repeated what i said hehe

Back