Am I alone.

annadilynn

Reaction score
Just went to the ENT, it was a good visit..in the sense that, there are no signs of another cholesteatoma in my right ear.. my left ear has always been deaf. my right ear only has a stapes bone. so I have no hearing in one ear and a profound loss in the other...(I can hear very loud noises if they are right there) doc was pushing the baha...am i wrong and/or alone in not wanting that?? am I alone in just wanting to learn sign and be happy with that...??? right now I am just soo friggin frustrated, i am sick of everyone wanting me to be or do something i dont feel comfortable with..i have to hope that some one here can understand...if not, please tell me why i am wrong then...becoming very depressed over all this...

Whatever you choose, you will not be alone...

But you have to choose, and it has to be what YOU want, not someone else...

Just went to the ENT, it was a good visit..in the sense that, there are no signs of another cholesteatoma in my right ear.. my left ear has always been deaf. my right ear only has a stapes bone. so I have no hearing in one ear and a profound loss in the other...(I can hear very loud noises if they are right there) doc was pushing the baha...am i wrong and/or alone in not wanting that?? am I alone in just wanting to learn sign and be happy with that...??? right now I am just soo friggin frustrated, i am sick of everyone wanting me to be or do something i dont feel comfortable with..i have to hope that some one here can understand...if not, please tell me why i am wrong then...becoming very depressed over all this...

Youre deffo not alone :) few people here like you

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Not alone. Doctors are the worst about deafness. Avoid them like the plague.

if you don't want the baha, firmly let your doctor know you don't want it and ask him to not pressure you. It is YOUR body afterall.

you're not alone, we're here for you and we have each other's backs.
BTW, I argee with CDMeggers.

I agree with Sallylou...

Stand up for your body, and what you feel is best for it. We're hear for you!

You're not alone. Listen to your gut instincts and do what YOU want. Your body, your life.

You're not alone. Listen to your gut instincts and do what YOU want. Your body, your life.

I certainly agree with this making your own decision. I do think that we all have to acknowledge that the Dr. would probably be criticized either way (bring it up or not) by different people.

One must "make their own decision" however what are the " medical facts"in your specific case. Do you believe the doctor? If not-why consult?
In the end it is your choice on what to do. You have to live with whatever you decide.

Implanted Sunnybrook/Toronto Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

One must "make their own decision" however what are the " medical facts"in your specific case. Do you believe the doctor? If not-why consult?
In the end it is your choice on what to do. You have to live with whatever you decide.

Implanted Sunnybrook/Toronto Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Exactly what I was getting at. Everyone should make their own decisions.

Back