alwaysandalways - Deaf Picnic

dogmom

Reaction score
alwaysandalways, here's answer here - don't think I'll go to the Deaf picnic though someday I'd like to - it's been so chaotic here and we're trying to sell the house <if interested see my report on that in the "My Dad" thread I started> and i have the dogs so going anywhere, especially out of immediate area, like for more then 5-6 hours is hard to do; my husband doesn't really like watching the dogs for me and he does his best but he's not comfortable with it and doesn't have the knowledge or patience.

but honestly if u really want to, go try, enjoy - my experience has been that people are VERY welcoming and friendly so long as you try the best you can and be open that you're new signer or just learning or however you want to put it - the big thing I've found is not one's skill level - believe me, mine certainly isn't there - but the attitude of respect a person has for the language and the culture.
:hug:

alwaysandalways, here's answer here - don't think I'll go to the Deaf picnic though someday I'd like to - it's been so chaotic here and we're trying to sell the house <if interested see my report on that in the "My Dad" thread I started> and i have the dogs so going anywhere, especially out of immediate area, like for more then 5-6 hours is hard to do; my husband doesn't really like watching the dogs for me and he does his best but he's not comfortable with it and doesn't have the knowledge or patience.

but honestly if u really want to, go try, enjoy - my experience has been that people are VERY welcoming and friendly so long as you try the best you can and be open that you're new signer or just learning or however you want to put it - the big thing I've found is not one's skill level - believe me, mine certainly isn't there - but the attitude of respect a person has for the language and the culture.
:hug:

Thanks for reminding me that one must find time to mix with fellow deafies. My schedule has been chaotic as well, but I understand that there is a Deaf Picnic in a park somewhere in my town this weekend. I will simply go there and seek them out. It feels awful to fall out of the loop.

yeah, true - I think there may be some more things coming up later in Fall that I might be able to go to.
:)

Thank you- I think I will try to go. It doesn't hurt to try. I might remember more than I think :)

Also, thank you for your response your PM message box was full :)

Back