Aloha!

UDtheAesir

Reaction score
Hey there! Came across this while I was looking for IP relays to use. You have no idea how hard it is to find one that doesn't require contacting the customer service just to verify your identity (looking at you, Sprint Relay!).

Anyway, I live in Hawaii, on the Big Island. What I do, I pretty much help around the property for farming and Airbnb with my cousin and his girlfriend. Other than that, I play World of Warcraft and research spiritual stuff. Would like to get back into role-playing (RPing) like back in AOL chats.

I was born 3 months ahead of my due date and the procedures they used rendered me deaf, so for the majority of my life, I used both hearing aids until about 10 years ago. By then, switched out my left hearing aid for a CI. Used to sign pretty well during my school years until I went full voice and lip-reading. Used to grow up with ESL, then switched to ASL while I was at RIT, seemed more natural.

So there you have it!

Heh, that's for sure!
Dude, you live in Hawaii and you choose that Warcraft over a surf board?

You have no idea how hard it is to find one that doesn't require contacting the customer service just to verify your identity (looking at you, Sprint Relay!).
I used that Sprint Relay like for 3 years, and never had this problem.

Could you give me a link on the Airnb property? Might would use it someday :)

Last edited:
Dude, you live in Hawaii and you choose that Warcraft over a surf board?

I used that Sprint Relay like for 3 years, and never had this problem.

Could you give me a link on the Airnb property? Might would use it someday :)
I'm a die-hard video gamer, I shall die with a controller in my hands! Muahahaha! Anyway, sprintip.com is where I encountered the problem which requires you to register and then talk over the phone to their customer service. That's what I can't do, talk over the phone. It's like gibberish to me.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/10501521?s=n0yF_WGV This is where I live, or more accurately, the little house behind that huge-ass house. Feel free to book anytime! It'd be cool to have some deaf guests to socialize with for a change.

Welcome :) I would also pick WOW over surfing. Horde or alliance?
Alliance all the way!

I encountered the problem which requires you to register and then talk over the phone to their customer service. That's what I can't do, talk over the phone. It's like gibberish to me.
!
Yes, it requires to register first, and after they assign you a virtual number, then you are good to go. No problems.
You don't need to call the phone, you need communicate by email. My registration process took couple days in 2014, but since then I'm living much more independent life.

There's a virtual number? They didn't say anything like that at all on my end.
It is because you are not registered, and you don't know what is the next. They register first, and then tell you which number you get. I have 2 of them, one for the mobile app, and another for the browser.
You have to prove your identity during the initial registration.
It is a complex process, because otherwise this system will be abused, in fact, it was abused before.

They need to verify your identity, before giving you access to its free services. These services made a big difference in my life, so I cannot complain.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Beautiful place!
Can you share your story, how and why did you move to Hawaii?
What are the cons and pros of it? :)
I first went to Maui to visit my cousin and his girlfriend for a couple weeks. Went through some crazy stuff that convinced me to move out of Iowa to live with them. So after a year or so, I finally did it. My mom didn't like that, but my choice. The three of us moved to Kona on the Big Island after about 2 months to live with a couple of their friends. Eventually, another friend of my cousin's moved in with us for a while before going back to Iowa. So we finally moved out of Kona to live in Captain Cook where we currently live.

So it's been nearly 3 years now. The pros are pretty easy: free beaches for anyone to go to, great places to check out like the Volcano Crater, people are generally friendly, scenic routes like 90% all over the island. Cons: everything's a little more expensive than what you're used to on the mainland, where we live takes 20-40 minutes either way depending on where we're heading to as long as we don't go anywhere past Kona-side. I think that sums up the pros and cons. Oh yeah, its Hawaii, expect some humidity and intense sun. Personal con for me: the ocean's too cold for me to reliably enjoy swimming in.

Hah! It is clean and turquoise, especially around South Point. But warm it is not.

I went to Japan last summer and it was very humid. I can't stand humid weathers. One minute of walking outside in a humid weather, I'm already sweating everywhere.

Back