Aloha from Hawaii!

PaintedRain

Reaction score
Hello! :wave:

I've been a long term stalker of AllDeaf and decided I should join the fun! :giggle:

I'm not quite sure where to begin... I'm 20 years young and completely Deaf. I guess my main goal on here is to hopefully find others who are in Hawaii as well. I live on Kauai and the Deaf Community here isn't exactly as 'here' as I'd like. I've heard through the few Deafies I've met here that there are at least 30 of us around here. However, I have yet to meet them.

Now, seeings as the chances that someone else on here is actually from Kauai as well I'd also love to meet some people through Skype. I'm not always on but I'd like to try and get on more so I can sign with others online. If any of you would be interested in chatting online, feel free to add me! Please just let me know how or where you found me.

itsrainingpaintdrops

Keep in mind I haven't been so good at keeping up with my signing because unfortunately I've tried to be courteous to everyone else and have been lip reading to make it easier on everyone else. So all I ask is that you be patient with my signing.

Thank you so much for reading! :ty:

i dont know any club on kauai either. i wouldnt mind knowing either.

I love Kauai! My wife and I have been there twice since 2006 and plan on going back in 2012. We stay in the Poipu area, but the second time we were there it had changed so much with development. The first time we rented a house on Molokai for a week before we flew to Kauai. The second time we started on Oahu, then to Kauai. Two of my favorite places on earth are Molokai and the Hanalei valley.

My wife and I are hearing, but our 2 year old daughter uses cochlear implants, and we use as much sign as we can. We're still learning. We're not yet to the point where we could have a productive sign conversation, but maybe someday!

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Does it mean you might have to go to Honolulu for the Deaf events or Deaf clubs? Of course you need to sign when you meet Deaf and HOH people. I guess you have to brush up your signing and go out to meet the Deaf club if not that far from Kauai to Honolulu. :hmm:

I would like to visit Hawaii someday, but I doubt it as I am not rich. Unless if I win the lottery or surprise trip. :dunno:

I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Why not contact the Hawaii School for the Deaf and Blind for info? they may know of people.

Back