Almost made me cry

oh boy you have no clue about "Shriners" and "Scottish Rite" They are just organizations! Have you ever seen a parade where those gentlemen from Shriners driving a small cars weaving around in circle. ?

Lily's dad saying That's is a question about getting sponsorships from either of those two organizations.

Your warning about MRI were silly! and not necessary. BECAUSE he can tell the doctors that she has CI and the magnet from the implant will be taken out thru small incision before performing MRI scan. Although If MRI is NOT really needed then CT-Scan will be used instead. MRI will be taken only if in extreme case that the doctor feel so.

I can say that I don't know why your doctor ignored your warning about you having CI and that MRI can't be used unless the magnet are taken out.

Some MRI equipment can be used if the Tesla strength are lower and that magnet won't need to be taken out.

Only I know that the HiRes 90K implant from AB can go thru MRI without removing magnet or with removing magnet depending on which Tesla are used. source:MRI and the Cochlear Implant
There's more information regarding MRI and CI at the link above.

No, I was end up after accident and cannot got answer from medical reason, such as CI and not realize until they found magnet in head then brought out so quickly after scan about several minutes. It cannot remove my CI (N-22/24 is different from Freedom but at least remove all of them) and after got up then asked them to call parent and told to nurse that only can scan with CT but doctor was apologize and nothing to found what happen in head.

I don't have deal with them and tried to save my life.

Lilly and I were driving in my truck today listening to music. She stopped singing and dancing. She had a sad look on her face. I asked her what was wrong. While keeping the sad look, she pointed at her left ear (non implanted ear) and said "No Music".
I think this is her way of telling me that she wants to hear out of that ear.
It's beautiful when they realise how the body works... (should work) Guess this incident will motivate you even more....
Even though she had no benefit of the HA's, perhaps she still did hear someting with it. Not enough to be able to use, but enough to know it's there....

Ashley read your post and said, "Aw that's so cute"! I know how you're feeling... it's awesome being a daddy isn't it?

Awesome indeed.

Cloggy, actually, she want wearing her HA when this happened. SHe will wear it for a short time, but takes it out. Probably because it doesnt do anything for her. SHe used to be OK wearing her HAs when she wore two. After being implanted, whe quit wanting to wear the HA in her left ear. We try to make her wear it, but if shes not getting use of it, why have the fight?

Awesome indeed.

Cloggy, actually, she want wearing her HA when this happened. SHe will wear it for a short time, but takes it out. Probably because it doesnt do anything for her. SHe used to be OK wearing her HAs when she wore two. After being implanted, whe quit wanting to wear the HA in her left ear. We try to make her wear it, but if shes not getting use of it, why have the fight?
I realise - or assumed - she wasn't wearing it.
Just wanted to comment that it seemed as if she had experienced something in her other ear... after all, she "missed" the music in her other ear....

If this is the case, it might be worth while to continue with the HA on the other side. Even though there seems to be no benefit. This to continue stimulating the auditory nerve... this can be a benefit when she would start with bi-lateral.

But I can also imagine that she doesn't want the HA in. Especially after the improvement with CI.
Lotte never liked the HA's, but we nevertheless continued with them until she was operated. (Fortunately, Lotte was implanted in one operation so we never had to use two systems... pfff)

I was born with severe hearing loss, and always wore powerful hearing aids. I know how it feel to love music and want to hear more of it. I have always loved music, but felt was very disappointed that I could never sing along with the notes. I am hoping they will come out with CI for musics.

as far as the HA's, after recieving my CI, my CI became overpowering to the point that I could no longer found my HA useful. I couldn't understand a thing with my HA like I used to (I was able to use my HA on my other ear) and my HA became too weak for me. So I quit wearing it altogether. I don't know if it because my hearing became worst (which it have slowly) or I am used to my CI. Your daughter could be experiencing the same thing.

I think it is more along the lines of a further hearing loss being the cause. The audis picked it up early last summer in the audi booth. Bilat, here we come......

Back