AllDeaf Meet - 30 Jan, 2010 in NYC

Sure, I will return home soon while flying to ohio. I'm at LGA now. Weather is sunny!

Yes, very bright out! A BIG difference than yesterday. Unfortunately, it is still just as cold. :mad:

Actually, a few of us did talk aboyut how you wanted to come and how we wished you were able to.

Of course, the more ADers the merrier!!!

I didn't. I got all the girls to myself :naughty:

It is great to know that you guys had blast time.

Now where are the pics of those said hot chicks and lucky guys? :crossfinger: :D

A few hours ago I got home from my business trip in Toronto. I had great time there.

I agree it was reallly nice meeting ADers last night. I was surprised one person showed up. Juli terp to be, I wish I had your dessert instead of my dessert. LOL!

an ex's mom used to make that cheescake from scratch. and I haven't been able to fine ANYTHING remotely like it. it was absolutely BLISSFUL lol

Give them some time to recover after, an all night of partying.

They shouldn't need that much time to recuperate, they go to work tomorrow, so they should be able to supply thier friend and AD family with pics.

Well - maybe you're right. Jiro on a motocycle with no sleep is not a good things. Shel teaching with no sleep - the kids would love that. JClarke will be traveling - he can make it up on the plane. Chevy is home now - he needs rest for work - Okay fine - you win - no pics until they are slightly rested.

They shouldn't need that much time to recuperate, they go to work tomorrow, so they should be able to supply thier friend and AD family with pics.

Well - maybe you're right. Jiro on a motocycle with no sleep is not a good things. Shel teaching with no sleep - the kids would love that. JClarke will be traveling - he can make it up on the plane. Chevy is home now - he needs rest for work - Okay fine - you win - no pics until they are slightly rested.

Hi, I just got home and it is 8:30. When we got to DC, we had to take the metro to the metro station where my hubby's car was parked, drive 30 mins to his parents' to get my son and drive another hour to get my daughter and then 30 mins back to our house. Got home, but had to unpack and get everything ready for tmw. Right now, I just dont want to move. LOL!

I have a few pics because I was too busy chatting but Chevy took so many! Hopefully, he will post them tmw. I will post mine maybe Tuesday or later during the week because tmw night is my first day of my class and I go straight after work and it is a 3 hour class. I probably wont get my rest until this weekend unless it snows on Thursday closing school.

Yah, teaching will be a challenge tmw. Wait and see.

I am anxious for the pics that others took as I havent seen them either. :D

I will post one picture but need AD usernames I know several usersname as JC, Jiro, Alex, Phillips. Shel90,and Juli-terp-to-be but i don't remember five other usernames. If you know all usernames, contact me in PM.

so did ya'll introduce each other by screenname or real name?

I already knew some through FB but the others whom I didnt know, we introduced ourselves with our usernames and then told each other's real names. I was telling my hubby everyone's names and I accidently introduced Oddball to my hubby by using her username not real name! My hubby was like "Huh? Oddball? " It was funny. I dont think Oddball realized it because she got interrupted at that time. :giggle:

:drunk: oye oye oye!! just got home from nyc again... paperclips is safely on the way home.. now jake's next to drop'em off to JFK tomorrow morning

oooooo this old fart is tired as a dog :)

Pictures???!!! :)

It's funny how a public forum can bring people together, and with that, brings new friendships...sometimes some of the best friendships ever. In my case, it allowed me to reconnect with someone who is now my wonderful husband and brought to me many wonderful friends...friends who are loyal, trustworthy, and downright amazing. Alex, look at what this forum did for the deaf community. Really. Deafness has its moments, sure...but one of the downfalls of being deaf is that it is so easy to become isolated in a world that is dominated by hearing folks. Yet, this forum gives us such an outlet to connect and network...to befriend others like us. It is really something. It is. I want to hear more stories of how deaf people can reach out to one another...regardless of the miles between them.

My pictures - I have tons but they wont appear until I return back to Australia. :aw: you'll have to wait a little while longer, but you will be sure enough to get a sneak peak from other AD'ers photos they have taken.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Jclarke said no hangover. Weird.

Turns out, I got a medium sized headache later on. :drunk:

-----------------------------------------------

Now, I am on the bus back to DC.

When we arrived, we got dropped off at a different location than I expected so my directions walking to the subway were null. My hubby and I walked a few blocks before giving up and calling a cab. The cab took us to our hotel which was so close by.

That hotel was very interestting. The elevator looked like it was built in the early 1900s and there was an elevator attentant. Wow! So we got to our room..it was SMALL and my hubby was upset. I told him to relax and think on the positive side..that we were out of the cold. Oh it was beyond cold. The kind that can make your exposed skin hurt.

So, we freshened up. We used my directions to the restaurant. Was just a bock away..not bad! We ran into Paperclip looking for the restaurant. We found it and wow, it was tiny and there was already a big group. I sat next to Frisky Feline, Oddball, and my hubby. Chatted with them most of the time. My poor hubby was getting an anxiety attack from being squeezed in and he had to leave a few time to smoke so he can calm down. The food was GOODD!

Hey, awesome post! :thumb:

I chose the restaurant which is only 2 -3 blocks away from the Bar place, and I agree the food is fantastic - surely kicked ass. I have to apologize about your hubby in the situation - I'm sorry.

My hubb and I left first to get the restervations to the bar since it was 10PM which was the time to show up. Nobody else was ready so we volunteered to hold the reservations at the bar. It was a very nice bar and the area that was reserved was very cozy. My hubby and I relaxed with some drinks while everyone else finished up with their dinner. The bar was a half a block away.

Then people started showing up..Phillips first and that was a surprise because she said she couldn't make it. She fooled us. She got a sweet gift for JClarke. Maybe he can explain what it it but WOW, I was impressed with her thoughfulness. Sweet lady. We chatted and then everyone started showing up.

A lot of AD'ers has turned up - especially Phillips who fooled most of us, which was an huge surprise to me and the other AD'ers and yes, she did give me a awesome gift, but I will not explain what it is, other than that, a photo WILL be taken ONCE it is complete and framed, all of you will have to wait and find out, (AD'ers who already know about this, please do not spill) It was an honour and awesome to meet these Ad'ers who decided to come along for the fun on the night.

I spent the night chatting a lot with Daredevel, Jclarke, Frisky, Philiips, Chevy, Alex, Julie terp to be, Jiro, and a few others.

Daredevel, Alex, and Jake were sooo hilarous the whole night. Made me laugh and laugh.

Oh, enough interruptions, lady! :lol:

Frisky is sooooooooo sweet! Loved chatting with her.

My hubby talked with Julie-to-terp, Craig, Frisky, and a few others mostly.

We left around 3 30 am because I was hurting mentally due to being exhausted and my hubby was very drunk. We walked back to the hotel..I had to help him walk a straight line. Hahahaha! I didn't even get drunk..too busy chatting to think about drinking much anyway. That's good. :)

Basically everyone was great. I couldn't ask for a better AD meeting than this one.

I went to bed at 5am, a little earlier than Jiro but it was the best night I have ever had in my life.

Many people thought my hubby was deaf due to his signing skills. Lol

A lot of pics were taken so iam sure they will get posted soon.

The moment, your hubby didnt want to see my underwear dangling in public! :laugh2:

I didn't. I got all the girls to myself :naughty:

I got the ladies more than you do! :laugh2:

I got the proof :naughty:

It is great to know that you guys had blast time.

Now where are the pics of those said hot chicks and lucky guys? :crossfinger: :D

A few hours ago I got home from my business trip in Toronto. I had great time there.

I'm still waiting on the pictures, you guys are testing my patience ((eye twitches))

All of you Ad'ers who is being impatient for the photos, you will have to wait for these tons of them to appear on AD when I get back home, which will be Wednesday night, U.S.A time.

Thank you everyone and thank you Jiro for everything. :cool2:

:drunk: oye oye oye!! just got home from nyc again... paperclips is safely on the way home.. now jake's next to drop'em off to JFK tomorrow morning

oooooo this old fart is tired as a dog :)

but im sure you've had so much fun! :)

Back