Alldeaf and Deafblind

racheleggert

Reaction score
I am deafblind and at some point my vision will change... It have been changing since I first joined.

Here are few questions:

How can we make AD deafblind friendly?

If some deafblind require large print to read, are there any feature to enlarge them?

Option to change background colors?

I require large print, and I just have a very large monitor, and I have the text grossly enlarged.

It is pretty easy to do.

Wirelessly posted

I have Usher Syndrome 2. So far my vision is still pretty good except for my nightblindness and perpheral vision. Eventually I will need more assistance. My biggest thing with computers now is losing my arrow on the screen. I have to keep wiggling the mouse to find it. Which is why I love the touch screen. Hard to lose a finger. LOL

My roomie (Deafblind) Has the same problem with the mouse cursor, but she has a program that enlarges it and turns it a bright yellow. She uses invert brightness as well.

Wirelessly posted

StevieMont927 said:
My roomie (Deafblind) Has the same problem with the mouse cursor, but she has a program that enlarges it and turns it a bright yellow. She uses invert brightness as well.

Cool. I will have to try that.

I have Usher Syndrome - Type 2 too.

I lost the night vision and lost some of side visions, especially on top.

I have night blindness too. I also notice that I am losing some side vision. Smaller letters are harder to write so I have to enlarge or get my glasses off to read better.

Back