Alldeaf’s Humble Origins

Levonian

Reaction score
I found this on another message board recently. It’s an Internet archive called the WaybackMachine. You can use it to view pages of web sites that no longer exist. Here’s alldeaf’s home page on June 4, 2002—the earliest archived entry. What a change from two and a half years ago to now! Alldeaf had 187 members, and Vampy and Kevbo were running the whole show! :lol:

Cool.... I tried to click on it which
showed "Not in Archive".. oh well..
wonder about these old members
still active here nowadays...ugh ?

Our users have posted a total of 13280 articles
We have 187 registered users
The newest registered user is WBHarley
In total there are 10 users online :: 5 Registered, 1 Hidden and 4 Guests [

Most users ever online was 20 on Sun Jun 02, 2002 10:16 pm
Registered Users: cloud, kevbo, little boy blue, Loose Cannon, simonsez

I love that site. I look at some of the websites I first created and I've forgotten just how bad they were. Its funny to look back at the old days of the internet.

Yeah I just notice DoVip who got himself
newly registered on May 30, 2002 .. Looks like
he's one of these oldest active members nowadays
he just posted here today somewhere !!!

Our users have posted a total of 11299 articles
We have 167 registered users
The newest registered user is DoVip
In total there are 5 users online :: 3 Registered, 1 Hidden and 1 Guest [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ]
Most users ever online was 18 on Fri May 10, 2002 11:22 pm
Registered Users: lilredridinhood, Pure Ion, wedge

I think AllDeaf was started in February 2003. Wow AllDeaf will be two years old soon! Lol the terrible 2!

Wow, really interesting, I can see a big change in all of this since Alldeaf first started, more new members, more new forums being added and so much more...Alex did a great job with his site, impressed! .. :thumb:

tekkmortal said:
I think AllDeaf was started in February 2003. Wow AllDeaf will be two years old soon! Lol the terrible 2!
Actually, AllDeaf was established on April 23, 2002.

Y said:
Yeah I just notice DoVip who got himself
newly registered on May 30, 2002 .. Looks like
he's one of these oldest active members nowadays
he just posted here today somewhere !!!

Our users have posted a total of 11299 articles
We have 167 registered users
The newest registered user is DoVip
In total there are 5 users online :: 3 Registered, 1 Hidden and 1 Guest [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ]
Most users ever online was 18 on Fri May 10, 2002 11:22 pm
Registered Users: lilredridinhood, Pure Ion, wedge
Actually, I joined before he did. ;)

VamPyroX said:
Actually, I joined before he did. ;)

Yes, it seems that you were a one-man posting machine back then. It looks like half of all the threads had you making the most recent post. Must have been lonely—you were the Maytag repairman of alldeaf. :lol:

Ah yes, I remember the ol' day. :)

Though, we did go through a really... well... nasty "battle". Something I would refer to as the Civil War of Alldeaf and these people are no longer with us.

Perhaps in a couple years, Alex and some other members including me could make some inputs to a new book titled, "The History of Alldeaf.com". I joined Alldeaf shortly after it was set up. How did I find out about it?

Kevbo spammed DeafNotes, that's how. :)

I can't remember the exact date, but I would say it was either May or June 2002.

tekkmortal said:

yea.. never thought of that!! the terrible twos sounds just right!! :thumb:
cuz there is a lot of tension going around in here lately!! GO FIGURE!! LOL

Levonian said:
Yes, it seems that you were a one-man posting machine back then. It looks like half of all the threads had you making the most recent post. Must have been lonely—you were the Maytag repairman of alldeaf. :lol:
:lol:

Yeah, I was a one-man post-whore. Actually, I already knew Kevbo from years before. I just didn't realize he was in AllDeaf until a week later. Kevbo was the first one-man post-whore until I decided to catch up with him. By that following summer, we came very close. Hehehe!

I remember getting a warning the first week

bbnt said:
I remember getting a warning the first week
Heh. It made me wonder what you did ;x

I am not surprised that Vampy was a post-whore at that time considering his highest posts :P

yea yea.. I was here alikely 2002's then move another town.. fuk dialup... have not been on alldeaf.com for 9 mos.. finally got highspeed and return here.. oh heck lost my pwd and user name gone!!! I had start over again registered here.. whoa big changed.. where old members go ??? I've used to be here pretty awful long.. some of bad or good memories.. (chuckles)

btw.. alldeaf.com still alive goes on contuine and ain't give up! Pretty solid here!

Back