Alcohol VS Mariujana

Hmmm ... okay, that fits me sort of but I use PSL enough. I'm "oral." I have to lipread or I get really screwed. My speech is slipping (I'm not enunciating as well) my spelling is getting worse, too. I may be rationalizing but I think since my hearing was never good and now that I think about it probably worse than I remember. As a kid, I though, "Of Thee I Sing," was "Of V I C" that's what I sang. I was working in a record (you know those things) store over the summer between sophomore and junior years in college and saw an album cover by Archie Bunker (yup, true) and it said, "Of Thee I Sing." In an instant, I realized ahhhhhh ..... THOSE ARE THE WORDS!

Your spelling shouldn't get worse. One thing that annoys me about hearies is the poor spelling and grammar. They write what they heard and never seem to learn rules.

Deaf spellers are best.

Not always. Some deaf can't hear but can speak clear at short time or limit words and some read-lip.

Oral- can't hear and can speak but don't know how to sign lang.

Late deafened, can speak and sign...sooooo
not all shoes fit the same foot, ya know?

I was born very very deaf (110 dB) and I can speak clearly. No CIs either.

Yeah......that was a spectacularly bad answer there Jiro.

Hmmm ... okay, that fits me sort of but I use PSL enough. I'm "oral." I have to lipread or I get really screwed. My speech is slipping (I'm not enunciating as well) my spelling is getting worse, too. I may be rationalizing but I think since my hearing was never good and now that I think about it probably worse than I remember. As a kid, I though, "Of Thee I Sing," was "Of V I C" that's what I sang. I was working in a record (you know those things) store over the summer between sophomore and junior years in college and saw an album cover by Archie Bunker (yup, true) and it said, "Of Thee I Sing." In an instant, I realized ahhhhhh ..... THOSE ARE THE WORDS!

Can I ask how lack of hearing whether it's a little loss or a lot of loss either way, makes you spell worse?! It's not like losing your hearing makes you lose brain cells too! Reading that statement definitely made me lose some brain cells though.... :ugh: Seriously, how does that.... Omg, never mind I need to just walk away and regroup myself for a few.... just... wow.... :doh:

I have an incredibly clear speaking voice, never has anything suffered by my lack of hearing... Especially my spelling.... :shock:

Thinking the "spelling" could just be a barnfart at the moment...the word "autopsy"...just came back to me, before I could not remember how to spell it...And all words are not spelled the way they "sound"....

Back to the subject of Alcohol and Marijuana...both are dangerous to me...both are vices...and addictive to many people. And as always, moderation is the key, and as long as you don't abuse both.

alcohol or pot are not vices onto themselves. as in they are not inherently a vice (what ever that may mean to you). Pot is a natural God created plant. (for those who believe in a God). it is one of the first we ever domesticated as a species. and so like everything else we domesticate we can change it a bit and tweak it to our ends ect ect. but it is a plant, of nature. it is for us to use.
we as a species have been drinkin alcoholic drinks for over 9000 years.
now everything can be dangerous, including booze and pot, and almost anything can be addictive to people. while in this case it is a scientific certainty that booze is far more dangerous to the human body and spirit then pot ever can be.
indeed moderation is the key.
and yes
don
t abuse neither. instead of abuse i offer a toast to end prohibition and will alight this very finely rolled fatty. of BC.s most exquisite.
(excuse me, sparks fatty deeply deeply and slowly inhales mmmmmmmmmm.. licks lips, exhales.......mesmerixing smoke in the shape of a..........)

Off topic...but ur Doggie is a cutie!..gotta be a female...:giggle:...what kind?
lol. This is Marcus Barcus (Mckenna calls him Markie Barkie). He's a fluffy corgi (3rd and last in a line of our corgis) and he can't be registered as an AKC dog (like we care), so he's also, "Marcus, just a dog." His unofficial AKC name is 3rd down and short and was named after Marcus Allen, a nice and good player for the Raiders (football team). She's a he. Marcus doesn't mind being called pretty or a girl and his hearing is fine :) . Thanks, RR.

What about who are deaf and can talk?
oral. thanks! I knew I was forgetting one more thing.

Not always. Some deaf can't hear but can speak clear at short time or limit words and some read-lip.

Oral- can't hear and can speak but don't know how to sign lang.
that's just a general labeling. many deafies ask me if I'm HOH cuz I'm deaf and can talk and I said no. and when I explain in depth... I say I was born deaf and I grew up oral.

Yeah......that was a spectacularly bad answer there Jiro.

uh.... in case you didn't notice - there's no error in my answer... only one word is missing and that's "oral" and I'm not talking about down there. what a spectacularly bad retort there, ambrosia....

Can I ask how lack of hearing whether it's a little loss or a lot of loss either way, makes you spell worse?! It's not like losing your hearing makes you lose brain cells too! Reading that statement definitely made me lose some brain cells though.... :ugh: Seriously, how does that.... Omg, never mind I need to just walk away and regroup myself for a few.... just... wow.... :doh:

I have an incredibly clear speaking voice, never has anything suffered by my lack of hearing... Especially my spelling.... :shock:
I hope you recuperated :) . I gave myself an out with "Of V I C." If we can't hear well, okay, correction, at this stage of life, my hearing or lack thereof reflects what I used to hear. Of V I C = spelling what I heard and singing what I heard. It's not a loss of brain cells, it's how I hear and what I hear.

My voice was clear and crisp. It is not as distinct as it was before. I don't know what's happening. I don't know why it's slipping and it isn't due to what we're discussing here.:laugh2:

My tinnitus is up in spades and things are confusing on and off. This is new stuff for me. It happened, perhaps coincidentally, after the implant.

your spelling is probably getting worse because you are not spelling it enough :lol:

all skills are perishable. use it or lose it.

True. I know a lot of deafies who can speak very clearly with no CI.
I could (but was not quite deaf). Now it's slipping. It's a question for my next trip to Vanderbilt soon. We've all said (totally off topic) that we all have different brains and things will affect us differently. I think it's just what I stated a moment ago that with the CI and the sounds being produced, the distortion of sounds, the increased tinnitus (and that is mentioned that it may happen or may get worse), age may or may not be a factor (it should've been a positive one since I was speaking and spelling for years :) ) and my confusion going through this that I've been thrown for a loop. Time to crank up that motorcycle of mine. Maybe a ride in the frigid weather will clear this up or freeze my head.

your spelling is probably getting worse because you are not spelling it enough :lol:

all skills are perishable. use it or lose it.
Yeah, I agree. But you should see (you do in part) what I write! My Excel skills are growing from Trustee to Treasurer. My spelling is slipping. My speech is slipping because while I expected to lose my right ear (big deal), I didn't know I'd lose bone conduction and to me (my scores were low) I notice the lack of bc hearing. That is a problem but it does give me an excuse to put the left side of my face on people's chests to try to understand them. Hmmph. I didn't say that and I've done it twice once to my partner and once to a lawyer friend who was in hysterics after I did it and the lawyer didn't sue me.

oral oral oral Wait. I don't seem to have a problem with that.:deaf: But, Jiro, with regards to spelling, I do write a lot but not all words all the time. Not like when I worked in IT. I agree with you.

uh.... in case you didn't notice - there's no error in my answer... only one word is missing and that's "oral" and I'm not talking about down there. what a spectacularly bad retort there, ambrosia....

:hmm: *reads back through all the other responses to your "statement" :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: oh Jiro smh your definitions of oral HoH and deaf are off, way off.

:hmm: *reads back through all the other responses to your "statement" :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: oh Jiro smh your definitions of oral HoH and deaf are off, way off.

so what's the correct definition then?

alcohol or pot are not vices onto themselves. as in they are not inherently a vice (what ever that may mean to you). Pot is a natural God created plant. (for those who believe in a God). it is one of the first we ever domesticated as a species. and so like everything else we domesticate we can change it a bit and tweak it to our ends ect ect. but it is a plant, of nature. it is for us to use.
we as a species have been drinkin alcoholic drinks for over 9000 years.
now everything can be dangerous, including booze and pot, and almost anything can be addictive to people. while in this case it is a scientific certainty that booze is far more dangerous to the human body and spirit then pot ever can be.
indeed moderation is the key.
and yes
don
t abuse neither. instead of abuse i offer a toast to end prohibition and will alight this very finely rolled fatty. of BC.s most exquisite.
(excuse me, sparks fatty deeply deeply and slowly inhales mmmmmmmmmm.. licks lips, exhales.......mesmerixing smoke in the shape of a..........)

Hoichi, you better cut off your cigarette or weed (if that is what you are smoking). Breathing the smoke and inhale the smoke can cause cancer. Just get rid of the nasty cigarettes and be free and healthy from it. I hope you will live a long time without smoking and drinking alcohol. :fingersx:

Back