Alarm recommendations

terrifickmb

Reaction score
Hi all I just wanted to what your experience and thought on which vibrating alarm is best? My audiologist had strongly recommended I get one so I am not relying on my mum all the time, which I feel bad about anyway. She suggested Word of Mouth Technology - Hearing Assistance Products and Soundfield Distrubution Systems. I have seen one on there the sonic boom travel alarm clock? What do you all use? I just want to use the vibrating part sound is useless unless real loud at which point other people would hear it which I don't want. Thanks

Hi all I just wanted to what your experience and thought on which vibrating alarm is best? My audiologist had strongly recommended I get one so I am not relying on my mum all the time, which I feel bad about anyway. She suggested Word of Mouth Technology - Hearing Assistance Products and Soundfield Distrubution Systems. I have seen one on there the sonic boom travel alarm clock? What do you all use? I just want to use the vibrating part sound is useless unless real loud at which point other people would hear it which I don't want. Thanks

Sonic Boom is the best there is. Not only do you get a vibrator, you can also add a lamp to the alarm clock for a visual cue to wake up. I have one, and it's 9 years old, and still going. You can turn the sound off, and set the alarm to vibrate and flash only, if you'd like.

I would recommend this website:

www.harriscommunications.com

Thank you for your help. Will check out that website, although I need an Australian website not sure where that company is based?

Thank you for your help. Will check out that website, although I need an Australian website not sure where that company is based?

It's in Minnesota. Not sure if they ship international, though. Hmm.

ah ok thanks for that, might be a problem though lol i am in australia will search for best price for a sonic boom alarm clock here in aus.

ah ok thanks for that, might be a problem though lol i am in australia will search for best price for a sonic boom alarm clock here in aus.

I wish you the best of luck. Hope you find what you're looking for. :)

I m Harris Communications dealer to sell any equipment. I can ship any items to any countries but international shipping is too costly and current voltage is different from USA.

Best of luck finding what you want. I've never used something like that to wake up. When I was young my parents just kicked the bed or turned on my light. The absolute worse way for me to be woken up was a bed shaker. Hated it. For the past twenty years or so I have use a light timer.

I got a vibrating watch with a cloth band for just under $30. It is subtle but enough to get my attention. I have a flash light / air raid siren alarm at full volume on my iphone as back up.

thanks everyone, i kind of need something strong but gentle enough not to startle the living daylights out of me.

thanks everyone, i kind of need something strong but gentle enough not to startle the living daylights out of me.

Then the air raid siren alarm is NOT for you. I've always wanted to try and add a electronic RR Crossing Bell to my alarm, and see what happens.

lol yes i was thinking that loud air raid alarm type is def not for me, i have another health issue which makes me pass out so if i get startled i risk having one those attacks. what is the rail crossing bell you talk about? do you mean the sound of a rail crossing to see if you hear it?

lol yes i was thinking that loud air raid alarm type is def not for me, i have another health issue which makes me pass out so if i get startled i risk having one those attacks. what is the rail crossing bell you talk about? do you mean the sound of a rail crossing to see if you hear it?

One of THESE. They're my favorite type of bell. Granted, that one is too small-- I want the larger one, as those are an item I'd like to get my hands on one of.

Here's the larger one I was referring to. One of these is what I want.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 3
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Damn it's not work , I was trying to post a photo of a dog as my favorite alarm.

I used my tablet, and I pressed onto the bell until the pop-up came up, and I clicked on "save image", and then I uploaded it from my tablet. It's pretty easy to do.

Another Australian here - you can find these vibration alarm clocks at WoM website and PrintACall based in Sydney - but WoM (Word of Mouth) has the latest which I can recommend you to it. It has variety of options for yourself

Back