Alarm clocks

Sweet_KJ

Reaction score
My beloved alarm clock (over 15 years in service) is dying.. it started flashing the time a few weeks ago... that's very unusual... and then it has become unreliable on waking me up (I use a strobe light plugged into one of its 4 plug-in outlets) :(

So it is about time for me to start looking for a new alarm clock. Vibrators don't do it for me... I can easily sleep through a major earthquake (considering I'm a native Californian and a bed-tosser, so I have gotten used to it). So I'm trying to look for something that has outlets for me to plug the strobe light into, or anything else to wake me up (I used to hook up a disco lights ball into it.. hehe "What a colorful morning!")

So... could anyone be kind enough to help lead me towards the perfect alarm clock? ;) Thanks!!

Sweet_KJ said:
My beloved alarm clock (over 15 years in service) is dying.. it started flashing the time a few weeks ago... that's very unusual... and then it has become unreliable on waking me up (I use a strobe light plugged into one of its 4 plug-in outlets) :(

So it is about time for me to start looking for a new alarm clock. Vibrators don't do it for me... I can easily sleep through a major earthquake (considering I'm a native Californian and a bed-tosser, so I have gotten used to it). So I'm trying to look for something that has outlets for me to plug the strobe light into, or anything else to wake me up (I used to hook up a disco lights ball into it.. hehe "What a colorful morning!")

So... could anyone be kind enough to help lead me towards the perfect alarm clock? ;) Thanks!!

:rofl: Seriously about you actually sleeping through an EARTHQUAKE?? It's funny because lights don't do anything for me, wont' wake me up at all. I can sleep with the lights on and so forth. :P Despite the fact that I'm a native Californian and have been through quite a number of quakes all my 27 years in California, I still wake at the slightest movement/vibration...so therefore, the vibrating bed alarm is better suited for moi.

ur best off with the sonic alert has light outlet and vibrator AND also a toner that BLASTS when u need to get up at a certain time but that toner can be shut off,

i dont need it much anymore, my doggie lilo wakes me up with the nip on my ear and toungue IN my ear OH nice way to wake up but it works cuz she knows im deaf and she has tried to wake me up on countless times today was the first day she fell asleep on the floor got too hot for her on top of my bed so she slept on the floor and my head was in the perfect place so she yanked my hair that deffy WOKE my ASS up!

get the best!!! The Sonic Boom Alarm Clock w/Vibrator. I love it and so does my friends!!! also it was very very popular at the deaf expo!!! I have it in black and its on sale right now. (10 dollars off) hey, you can get it without vibrator. I am a heavy sleeper but damn, trust me you wont be able to sleep through this. check this out at the deaf store you will see how strong it is.... my bed is like bouncing.sonic alarm
SB1005WV.jpg

BabyPhat21 said:
get the best!!! The Sonic Boom Alarm Clock w/Vibrator. I love it and so does my friends!!! also it was very very popular at the deaf expo!!! I have it in black and its on sale right now. (10 dollars off) hey, you can get it without vibrator. I am a heavy sleeper but damn, trust me you wont be able to sleep through this. check this out at the deaf store you will see how strong it is.... my bed is like bouncing.sonic alarm
SB1005WV.jpg
Yeah, I've got the black version. However, the most annoying part of this version of the alarm clock is that the light (yellow) button is the biggest when logically, the biggest button is always the snooze button. Another problem is the alarm-off button. It's a button instead of a switch. It's also right under the light button and at the end on the right. Because of this, people can accidentally turn off their alarm clock while trying to hit snooze. Since the snooze button isn't the biggest, it becomes a minor struggle looking for the "biggest" button... and while moving down, "oops!" the alarm-off button is pressed. Therefore, you think you hit snooze and lose. :zzz:

BabyPhat21 said:
SB1005WV.jpg

blech, i dislike white model. I want something like silver or yellow.

BabyPhat21 said:
SB1005WV.jpg

exacty I have it now with Black verison :D

I've had Sonic Alert for years, when I was a kid..and they always had problems and I've gotten at least 5-6 alarm clocks so I got fed up. I found another alarm clock, Ameriphone Wake-Assure...I like it much better because as soon the alarm goes off..I can just simply press the top button to turn it off just like any normal alarm clock. The Sonic Alert was hard because, like Vampryox said, the snooze button has the bigger button and there has been times when I pressed the wrong button and it led me to miss the bus many times. :-x So my new alarm clock is better and has not had any problems so far!

illustrator said:
blech, i dislike white model. I want something like silver or yellow.
I like black better. Black goes with anything. Heh!

illustrator said:
how about this cool portable alarm clock?

vibrator_pillow_x.jpg
I have a friend whose alarm clock is similar to that. She uses it when she travels.

i have a black sonic alert alarm clock -- ive had it for quite a few years now -- love it!

The Sonic Boom is the best yet! I wish they would make a little more futuristic and slick looking unit though..

know what ???? i have alarm with light flash and vabatiors and nothing work for me !!! shrugh !!!!! i got it few weeks ago and i keep wake up kinda of late in the morning and hurry zoom and drive so fast as much as i can and find the parking and catch the light rail (train) to go downtown... sigh ... I wish there is a huge vabaries like earthquake to wake me up or something like that as i do recall long time ago someone told me the story which is so funny but weird ... back in i think 50's or 60's something like that ... u know old fashion clock stand and string attract to the blanket and grab blanket off to wake them up also another story ... she put tapes wrap over her hand with the alarm and sleep through with it !! and wake up and take ouch tapes off .. ouch ... thats how they make through ... I said to myself that i can't do that !! lol

BabyPhat21 said:
I need a strong vibrator, the portable ones doesnt work for me

You really set yourself up for a quick response from bbnt on that one, BabyPhat.

I already have one but i never used the flash alarm clock i can get up without alarm clock for a long time my parents never woke me up and when i sleep and i can feel when the day come bright ..... i have a no problem at all over 20 years but sometime when i got exhausted from the work and i got overslept.... it is very rare for overslept...

Back