alarm clocks and waterbeds??

mudrider420

Reaction score
has anyone used the vibrating alarm clock on their waterbed?? i have a waterbed and i need to get an alarm clock, now that i have 2 ci. i used to sleep with the hearing aids but they no longer work for me. i have always used to be able to hear the alarm clock and now i wont. im not sure if the alarm clocks would work well in the waterbed.

no need, if you have a wife, your wife will get out of the bed causing the bed to wave a lot where it sends plenty of movements to wake you up, no problem! And it is electricity free. :lol:

The Super Shaker from Sonic Alert will alert even a heavy sleeper.
You simply place bed vibrator under pillow and plug it into wake-up alarm clock. You try to get new one for taking test to feel. If not helping to feel, you return it back to company.

Such I have been using mine, but unfortunately, after few puzzlements my alarm was buzzing every morning when it went off, and I realized it was been buzzing instead of vibrating! >.<

has anyone used the vibrating alarm clock on their waterbed?? i have a waterbed and i need to get an alarm clock, now that i have 2 ci. i used to sleep with the hearing aids but they no longer work for me. i have always used to be able to hear the alarm clock and now i wont. im not sure if the alarm clocks would work well in the waterbed.

I wonder if waterbed leak with vibrating with electricity. That high risk.

what is brand name of your vibrating clock? from American or other?

Waterbed + Sonic Alert Alarm Clock = Tidal Wave!!! ;)

I don't know about using a vibrator with an alarm clock. The waterbed might absorb the vibrations and/or the intense vibration might tear the waterbed. :dunno:

I guess you could just put it inside your pillow. :dunno:

Waterbed + Sonic Alert Alarm Clock = Tidal Wave!!! ;)

I don't know about using a vibrator with an alarm clock. The waterbed might absorb the vibrations and/or the intense vibration might tear the waterbed. :dunno:

I guess you could just put it inside your pillow. :dunno:

I've tried the hockey puck vib under water bed, I felt soft vib on waterbed and water absorbs the vibration from hockey puck vibarator. It don't help at all. The only way is under the pillow would work effectively.

UNLESS If you are willing to build a worm gear drive motor that have piston arm on one side that connects to top of the board inside front of the bed. Once the alarm goes off and it'll make a waves just like Water park wave machine. It have to be a slow motion to allow water make wave :rofl:

I posted this in past about my roomate's home-made bed vibratator. It's somewhat appeared to be a washing machine motor w/ centerfug attached to 1/2 inches 3' by 2' plywood board. It is very powerful and it vib across the room from bed. I awoke and can feel mild vib on waterbed coming across two rooms (bedroom | bathroom | bedroom) in apartment. I got up and went to my roomate's room and kicked him to wake him up ( his materess was on floor where bed vib is under bed. And he's heavy sleeper, slept through the "earthquake"). The floor nearby it felt like big powerful sander some sort (bbzzzrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk {board slapping on floor]). I felt sorry for neighbor under us lol.

This is an example what I experienced feeling mild vibration from the distance of roomate's washing machine motor powered board vibrator.

:rofl:

Catty

it would do me no good to put under pillow as my pillow moves too much during my sleep. i will probably have to sleep with the cochlear implant on, hoping i dont lose it during the nite. also the waves wont wake me up either as i use the wave to help me sleep.

Last edited:
why don't you get a Sonic Boom and use the lamp flasher instead of the vib? I'd think it would be really dangerous like a vib on a water bed in case of overheating, or leak etc. Also it might damage the waterbed itself !

why don't you get a Sonic Boom and use the lamp flasher instead of the vib? I'd think it would be really dangerous like a vib on a water bed in case of overheating, or leak etc. Also it might damage the waterbed itself !

Nah, why not he get 1,000 watt 120v streetlight bulb (inscadent type) just to wake him up like glory in heaven. :rofl:

I've use 500 watt 120v streetlight bulb back in my HS year. It was really bright but I slept thru few time dreaming that I'm at the beach tanning. :rofl: My room shone like a glory and any dark spot under bed were no longer shown. :lol:

Catty

Back