alarm clock

ash345

Audist Free Zone
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I have decided, after being late to work for the past 2 days... I need an alarm clock that will actually wake me up... not what I have been using for years, my SO. The problem is, I don't know of any out there that would wake me up, but not scare the crud out of her or piss off my neighbors... (by being too loud). I have heard great things about the ones with the bed shakers, and I'm sure that would work for me, but we don't want to have two clocks, and she would like one with an ipod dock. does anyone have one similar to what we are describing, where your hearie SO can still listen to their ipod, but you can be independent in waking up? She apparently likes to fall asleep to music, but I've never been able to hear it, which is why she wants the ipod dock.

Ok, so I have decided, after being late to work for the past 2 days... I need an alarm clock that will actually wake me up... not what I have been using for years, my SO. The problem is, I don't know of any out there that would wake me up, but not scare the crud out of her or piss off my neighbors... (by being too loud). I have heard great things about the ones with the bed shakers, and I'm sure that would work for me, but we don't want to have two clocks, and she would like one with an ipod dock. does anyone have one similar to what we are describing, where your hearie SO can still listen to their ipod, but you can be independent in waking up? She apparently likes to fall asleep to music, but I've never been able to hear it, which is why she wants the ipod dock.

just get a "deaf clock". You were already late for your work twice. Which one is more important? your job or "personal preference"?

WOAH I'm surprised too didn't think it existed..i have a bed shaker and it's amazing! I wish my clock had an iPod dock to charge my iphone..would be much more convenient that using my computer every night to charge my phone lol ..I'd so get it if I were you..but the thing is you have to figure out who is gonna have the alarm clock on which side..if you want the vibrate on your side you'll have the alarm on your side with dock so you'd be controlling the music unless she has a playlist that she doesn't have to change music etc

Alicia, you buy on ebay wall charger for iphone just 99cents. Work great.

Is it essential to only have one alarm clock for the two of you? My husband and I have always had two, as it seems more convenient that way. I have a "deaf clock" that is travel-sized. It vibrates. I put it under the pillow. Works fine. It's so old the exact model is no longer made, but if you google "travel alarm clock vibrates" you will get plenty of hits and a range of models.

My hubby has a regular clock radio set to a music station, or sometimes he uses his watch, which has an alarm clock function on it.

Is it essential to only have one alarm clock for the two of you? My husband and I have always had two, as it seems more convenient that way. I have a "deaf clock" that is travel-sized. It vibrates. I put it under the pillow. Works fine. It's so old the exact model is no longer made, but if you google "travel alarm clock vibrates" you will get plenty of hits and a range of models.

My hubby has a regular clock radio set to a music station, or sometimes he uses his watch, which has an alarm clock function on it.

traveler size. the look and size is just like a puck. drawback is that it's bit hard to find a snooze button (it's just right below "Sonic Alert" logo) :lol:
UodeOz2xPZIxV2QUXGr-fAHcPHUXh6NVevHOMRo6BONw8mBFdc44K7WkMCLSs1BvtPowxR3BmuARc1NnWdgVMePDhK4RY4WNPjMMwsigTou2PxczCJZB3i4kLAdPgrxiG0oxOlgWSnfc

That's about the size of the one I have, but very different design, much more updated. I've had mine for about 15 years, I think.

Doesn't help much in winter, or on rainy days, though!

I wake up with light, too. I've wondered about getting one of those alarm clocks that have a "gentle bright" feature, something like that, where it's really a lamp and starts getting bright about 15 minutes before the time you set, so that by "wake-up time," it's fully bright.

And then I remember I'm retired and I hardly ever have to worry about what time I get up. :laugh2:

I have the ipod dock alarm from iLuv, I was not toohappy with the shaker because it was too weak so anything with ipod dock is assumed weak with those bed/pillow shaker just my 02 cents :D

I have the ipod dock alarm from iLuv, I was not toohappy with the shaker because it was too weak so anything with ipod dock is assumed weak with those bed/pillow shaker just my 02 cents :D

thank you... I think we may just have to have two clocks... a Deaf clock for me, and one that she wants...

Sun is free. When it beam my skin, I'm wake up!

See I can sleep in the light no problem... I do not wake up with just a standard light... Yes the sun is free, but if it doesn't do you any good then its not working. I've tried the flashing light clocks, and those don't work for me, I just turn over...

Ya know, I was looking at alarm clocks that vibrate or are attached to a light. Thought, if my boyfriend and I moved in together, it would be a nice house warming present...but then I thought, he probably is so used to the way he does things, that perhaps buying a new alarm clock wasn't necessary...BUT THEN...I thought...Why couldn't I buy one for myself? LMAO. I hate the sound my alarm clock gives off. I'd find it much more pleasing to wake up to a vibration or a light than a ringing in my ears. LMAO

I have a alarm clock that vibrates and flashes the light at the same time - the light is strobe. Works brillantly.

I can't do light right when I get up... or i get a massive head ache... I ended up finding ADCO Hearing Products here, went and got me an alarm clock... I can now wake up on time!!! (and by myself)

I use a "Sun Alarm" clock and a bed shaker clock.

Usually the Sun Alarm clock "sets" my internal clock so I wake up before my bed shaker goes.

But if I'm too tired from staying up too late or whatever, the Sun Alarm won't wake me up and the bed shaker becomes my back up alarm.

But none of these have an iPod dock, of course. :)

traveler size. the look and size is just like a puck. drawback is that it's bit hard to find a snooze button (it's just right below "Sonic Alert" logo) :lol:
UodeOz2xPZIxV2QUXGr-fAHcPHUXh6NVevHOMRo6BONw8mBFdc44K7WkMCLSs1BvtPowxR3BmuARc1NnWdgVMePDhK4RY4WNPjMMwsigTou2PxczCJZB3i4kLAdPgrxiG0oxOlgWSnfc

This is the vibrating:naughty: alarm clock I use. I can definitely recommend it. Just make sure it stays under the pillow and it doesn't slide off (I put it inside the pillow case). Otherwise it will vibrate endlessly on the floor until the batteries run out.

Back