Alarm clock

I've been using one like in the pic below since 2008 and its still works fine. I have left it on for hours too like someone else mentioned but it didn't bother it. I bought another identical to it a few months ago along with a bed shaker extension cord just to have a back up just in case when it was on sale on Amazon.
5500791ed4e49-ghk-alarm-clock-sonic-boom-sb200ss-mdn.jpg

Nope stlll not working correctly.... Before it would shake and pause now it just shakes.... Until I hit snooze

I've been using one like in the pic below since 2008 and its still works fine. I have left it on for hours too like someone else mentioned but it didn't bother it. I bought another identical to it a few months ago along with a bed shaker extension cord just to have a back up just in case when it was on sale on Amazon.
5500791ed4e49-ghk-alarm-clock-sonic-boom-sb200ss-mdn.jpg
I'll have to try Amazon this time when I am ready to purchase a new one

I have very old 1983 Radio Shack desktop Digital timer. It's still very reliable. Still works today lolol. My wife accidentally dropped it and it broke the frame but still works. It's pretty simplistic and it can handle 500 W bulb ( huge streetlight indescandent 120v bulb that my dad gave me which belongs to warehouse). It wakes me up like bright sunshine. Sometime dreaming that I was in beach tanning. :rofl: That was when I was in HS getting up 5am every morning.

What it used to look like when brand new...

Sent from my SM-G900P using AllDeaf App mobile app

Last edited:
I still have this alarm clock, it's about 30 years old and still works. It has a plug in outlet in the back that was used for a lamp as a flasher.

My clock was designed to last very long time. Its close to 33 years old and still operating. Wish that clock with high quality electronics still made today.

Radio Shack used to sell similiar timer but 7 days timer. It cost $49 and I missed the opportunity to buy it. It was the best clock that allows u to set different "ON" and "OFF" time each day. it was back in 1984 grrrrrr!!! This is exactly I want but no stores sells desktop version w 2 output sockets!!!

Never saw it in Ebay. Does anyone have it exactly like this in good shape????

I still have this alarm clock, it's about 30 years old and still works. It has a plug in outlet in the back that was used for a lamp as a flasher.

I still remember that clock too!! Betcha we both have reliable relics that works while today's timers are short lived and crappy. My wife have 3rd Sonic Boom clock and it's really s***y cuz when power had brownout, first SB electronic fried, then 2nd SB, same thing and now 3rd and still going but I'm sure soon it'll break anytime. 3 SB clocks total 15 years!! Yours and Mine 1 clock for over 30 years!! What's the matter with quality control today!!!

Catty

Do any of you remeberThose who had old relics clock had no snooze. If alarm goes off and you turn it off and you go back to sleep.

I have very old 1983 Radio Shack desktop Digital timer. It's still very reliable. Still works today lolol. My wife accidentally dropped it and it broke the frame but still works. It's pretty simplistic and it can handle 500 W bulb ( huge streetlight indescandent 120v bulb that my dad gave me which belongs to warehouse). It wakes me up like bright sunshine. Sometime dreaming that I was in beach tanning. :rofl: That was when I was in HS getting up 5am every morning.

What it used to look like when brand new...

I have one of those- got that and the giant blue bed vibrator(long since...DEAD and tossed) when I entered Gallaudet in 1983 (aaaand there it is...gave away my age pretty much). Still have it- it's buried in a box right now but last I had it running it still works. It has fallen a few times but no breaks/cracks. I think I remember seeing the ones with two outlets too.

Pretty much electronics is made overseas nowadays.

I still remember that clock too!! Betcha we both have reliable relics that works while today's timers are short lived and crappy. My wife have 3rd Sonic Boom clock and it's really s***y cuz when power had brownout, first SB electronic fried, then 2nd SB, same thing and now 3rd and still going but I'm sure soon it'll break anytime. 3 SB clocks total 15 years!! Yours and Mine 1 clock for over 30 years!! What's the matter with quality control today!!!

Catty

Catty

Easy. Mostly people got bored of old technology so easy and keeps spend the new technology all times. So no point that made good quality for long life.

Back