Alarm Clock sweetness

SorEncarnacion

Reaction score
I saw an alarm clock that looks like it would be great for Deaf/seriously Hard of Hearing. It has a maximum 113 decibels sound, and in case that won't work, it comes with a bed shaker.
linky:
ThinkGeek :: Sonic Bomb Alarm Clock with Bed Shaker
Just don't use the sound part if you live with lots of hearing people. Waking up having a heart attack isn't fun.

DAMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN......

Wow! I wonder what are the frequency response for this clock...??????

That'd be horrible if an alarm clock sounded a 140dB alarm--could damage your eardrums--horrible and not a joke...

wow, I think I could make my roommate Deaf with that, I don't think she would like that very much. I prefer my dog, 68 lbs of hyperness in the morning jumping on the bed!

Yeah wake as many neighbors up with it is good to give you a red carpet out of your apt.

An industrial fan works better than a shriek or a vibrating buzz.

fan_belt_drive.jpg

Richard

whoa... That heck good one... suitable for my hubby..
:giggle: ~ I'm going grow bigger naughty!

Cool clock...boy that's LOUD one...I am not gonna worry about it right now cuz my clock is still ok but I have to slam it if it act up! I must have flash light not the vibrator. It shit out of me if I use the vibrator while zzzz!

wow, I think I could make my roommate Deaf with that, I don't think she would like that very much. I prefer my dog, 68 lbs of hyperness in the morning jumping on the bed!

No thank you roomie. If we went to Galladet, It'd not matter so much. But it comes in handy for one of us to have full ability to hear around here. I'm also pretty sure that we would wake the pink brigades around us.

HEY!!!

I'll put that Sonic Bomb Alarm Clock behind my mom's head for fun!

Maybe her hearing loss will get up to 80%! :)

Nah, I'm just kidding...not funny...

My goodness -- made me laugh all the time...

No thank you roomie. If we went to Galladet, It'd not matter so much. But it comes in handy for one of us to have full ability to hear around here. I'm also pretty sure that we would wake the pink brigades around us.

LOL, true and I don't have my dog to pounce on me to wake me up, good alarm clock but needs to be trained to wake me up when I want to, not when dog wants to play ball

I'll stick to a plain bed-shaker. I have a -feeling- my family wouldn't love the idea of me using such a loud alarm. *grin*

I have same alarm clock since ordered in last Jan 2007.

LOL, true and I don't have my dog to pounce on me to wake me up, good alarm clock but needs to be trained to wake me up when I want to, not when dog wants to play ball

To gothgirl:
Hmmm, that's an idea.... just kidding. I may not have an animal to pounce on me, but my current alarm clock placed across the room (usually) does the trick. If its off, the many rays of the sun will frolic on my retinas and force me to get up anyway. Speaking of sleeping, I probably should. Hope you are having some gloriously nutty dreams as I type. Sleep well!

sorry to say roomie, my dad found that alarm clock, has a light and a bed-shaker too! he thought that was neat and got that for our dorm room!

I've seen "monster" bed viberator that have 1/2 hp washing machine motor bolted on end of 4ft plywood board w/ shielded centerfug on it's shaft end. My roomy had one. He's a heavy sleeper. His bed was placed on floor w/ 4 ft long plywood board w/ under it w/ motor exposed on foot end. Once alarm goes off, I can feel vib 30 feet from his bedroom while I'm in my waterbed (felt it and woke up, ugghh!!). It's pretty mighty that you can feel mild vib on waterbed 30 feet from epic center!!. Some morning, my roomy didn't wake up even the most powerful vib (driving me nuts for 5 min). I had to kick him to wake up. It's very annoying and we were on 2nd floor and I felt sorry for hearing neighbor under us waking up hearing "BzzzzRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, very loud chattering noise (plywood board on floor bouncing on it's end)" from the "monster" motor vib LOL.

Back to topic, As for new Sonic Bomb clock. I wouldn't want that. If it were the only alarm they have. I'll take it apart and cut the speaker wire. Then add flashing LED lights to speaker wires. LOL.

Catty

I have that alarm clock. Not that exact model but it looks exactly the same but in silver and it goes up to 113 db. My family can't stand it lol they'll unplug it if I don't disconnect it right away and one time my neighbor from across the street could hear it and he came over my house and was knocking on my door asking my mom to turn it off. I thought it was kind of funny a little. Anyways, I think it's a great alarm clock.

I saw an alarm clock that looks like it would be great for Deaf/seriously Hard of Hearing. It has a maximum 113 decibels sound, and in case that won't work, it comes with a bed shaker.
linky:
ThinkGeek :: Sonic Bomb Alarm Clock with Bed Shaker
Just don't use the sound part if you live with lots of hearing people. Waking up having a heart attack isn't fun.

I love my bed shaker, wish I had known about it even before I started losing my hearing. When I was younger if it was a radio alarm I would just incorporate the radio into whatever I was dreaming. If it was a "beep beep beep", I would just dream of a big truck going backwards. The bed shaker, man, there is NO way of sleeping through that. Even my husband who, i shit you not, can hear high pitched devices for dog control, will sleep through a regular alarm. He has to use my shaker.

Back