Airport of full body scanners and enhanced pat-downs >>VOTE???

Which do you want about the TSA's new full body scanners and enhanced pat-downs?

• Both acceptable

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Pat downs body

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Scanners

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Hate both the scanners and the pat downs!

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Other opinion.. which I will post below

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Not decided yet!

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
Here's another way... I'm sure you all love to see everyone during special Christmas day... wanting to see your beautiful children, parents, son, daughter and such.. you all travel so far on airlines... and you all so glad that you arrived safely....just because you want to see them... it's a wonderful experience. You all feel so safe, trusting the pilots operating the planes, make sure the mechanical systems on the planes are 100 percents operating normally and such... take a deep breath... ahh.. made it.. now you all get to see the beautiful families...

Now, if this person objects using scanner or pat down? Obviously this person doesn't care about getting there safely, doesn't care about his or her family, doesn't care about special x-mas.. he/she only complained about stupid scanner...that is all he/she focus about it.. he/she doesn't care about terrorist boarded the planes... mmm.. he only care about to died on this plane. If this happen, he/she got her wish for x-mas.

Oh, no.. I didn't say everybody... but they already experienced what it's like to be on the beach. If the don't like it, then don't go to the beach. If they don't like scanning... then drive a car.
many people are not comfortable with nudity. that's why it's illegal to be nude at many beaches.

As far as medical concern, there's no report so far about exposure. My father is a retired Dr of Radiobiology Research/Nuclear Medicine, he stated that Airport scanner are much lower exposure than the X-ray. The amount of radiation penetrate to the skin are much lower than the using mamogram penetration to the women's breast.

oh? your father has a copy of detailed backscatter technology report and such? or is he just reiterating what they say?

many people are not comfortable with nudity. that's why it's illegal to be nude at many beaches.

Jiro... stop thinking about nudity. I did not mention anything about nudity... I'm talking about skimpy bathing suits...

oh? your father has a copy of detailed backscatter technology report and such? or is he just reiterating what they say?

My father have many years experences with isotope, gamma ray, alpha ray, beta ray, Director of Nuclear Warhead Advisory, Former nuclear bomb testing consultant in Nevada, he was on various news related to banning nuclear bomb testing sites, Three Miles Island Nuclear accidents, and so forth. He's well known for Nuclear medicine and he owned Nuclear Med dept in Johns Hopkins... oh..I don't know.. I trust what he says....

Jiro... stop thinking about nudity. I did not mention anything about nudity... I'm talking about skimpy bathing suits...
nudity. skimpy suits. bikinis. the point still remains that there are people who are not comfortable with it and there are regulations against it.

My father have many years experences with isotope, gamma ray, alpha ray, beta ray, Director of Nuclear Warhead Advisory, Former nuclear bomb testing consultant in Nevada, he was on various news related to banning nuclear bomb testing sites, Three Miles Island Nuclear accidents, and so forth. He's well known for Nuclear medicine and he owned Nuclear Med dept in Johns Hopkins... oh..I don't know.. I trust what he says....
that's not what I asked. I asked if your father has read a detailed report of backscatter xray. since he hasn't or participated in this or any related matter... then his opinion does not hold much value in this issue then.... no offense.

that's not what I asked. I asked if your father has read a detailed report of backscatter xray. since he hasn't or participated in this or any related matter... then his opinion does not hold much value in this issue then.... no offense.

Smile, the science behind x-rays are all similar, base on mrem dosage. In term of how much it emit the ray. I also used to work for AFFRI (Armed Forces Radiobology Research Insitutue under DOD) and there's interesting fact, did you know that you are being exposed radiation during flights, and it emit more radiation than the "backscatter ray"? So, if you flew from NY to CA, about 6 to 7 hours of flight time, you are being exposed to it for 6 to 7 hours compare to 10 to 15 seconds worth of scan on your body.

My father already read report about backscatter ray technology and he does have knowledge about it.

Hello there, I prefer a body pat down due to the power wheelchair, the guard guided me bypassing the security screen room and go around to the "Pick up" bins (my backpack and etc) and patting me down.

I went through one of those new scanners recently. there is a screen on the way out you can see what it scanned. its basically a solid white silhouette of your body. it doesn't show any x-ray type appearance at all. so I think that is an improvement. If you have something metal on you it places a yellow box over the area on your body silhouette where it detected the metal. I know this cuz it picked up my CI implant and I wasn't wearing my processors. almost never use them. there was a box on the screen by the left side of my head.

HOWEVER, I am questioning the effectiveness of the scanners as it showed nothing on the right side of my head and I have Bilateral implants...

The scanners were probably programmed to not worry about CIs as they have very small amount of metal and whatever other materials, and it's practically impossible to implant a strong enough bomb in someone's head. Sure someone could wear a wig and hide a bomb in there, but wigs are easy to notice and the bomb would be very distinct when viewed on the scanning screen. Whatever small amount of metal the CI has is in the head, so it doesn't bring up a big red flag.

I went through the scanner last week on my trip to florida. I don't like the scanner or the patdowns, and the x-rays always made me nervous because of the CIs, I got wanted and a pat-down maybe when i was going on my first airplane ride, that was when i was in the 8th grade, during thanksgiving week heading to disneyworld for the first time.

Anyways, The scanners, all you do is you step in, put your arms up and you stand there in the scanner for about three seconds. and then you're done. When I stepped out of the scanner, i looked over to the computer where they look to see if you're clean or not. The computer isn't like an x-ray at all. Its a human being, its like a drawing, and it has a solid color. The computer doesn't show any of the inappropriate parts on the computer. But the reason why they have the scanners is to keep people safe. And prevent any terrorist from coming into a state. Even though i don't like it, I'm actually KIND of glad they're doing it for the sake of our safety.

i dont wanted scanner to pat my body! I have scar my body and i have kidney stone if i got one i would hire attorney!

Back