Airbus crashes in French Alps; 150 dead

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/02/europe/france-germanwings-plane-crash-main/

The co pilot was checking out the cop pit door on line looking for ways to commit mass murder . I see this more as a crime than suicide ,there are plenty of ways to kill yourself without murdering 149 people ! :mad:
The co pilot could of rented a small plane and flew it into a mountain side and kill himself !

Sure, but he wanted to take others out with bim. Besides suicide technicely is a crime in most western nations...
Its not much different then a shooting rampage until your put down....the school shootings ect..suicide coupled with mass murder...
The difference is at least with those high school shootings so on those targeted had a slim chance...to escspe...who knows...with this guy...once he realized no one would stop him flying....he knew full well every person that boarded that plane was doomed...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/02/europe/france-germanwings-plane-crash-main/

The co pilot was checking out the cop pit door on line looking for ways to commit mass murder . I see this more as a crime than suicide ,there are plenty of ways to kill yourself without murdering 149 people ! :mad:
The co pilot could of rented a small plane and flew it into a mountain side and kill himself !

There are many ways one can commit suicide, but can also commit murder in the act as well.

Mr. Lubitz told his girlfriend that he wanted to do something that people would remember him for.

This boils down to selfishness as Mr. Lubitz didn't want to end his life alone by himself and chose the method of crashing an airplane in the mountains by taking more people with him by believing this would become newsworthy and spread around the globe.

There are many ways one can commit suicide, but can also commit murder in the act as well.

Mr. Lubitz told his girlfriend that he wanted to do something that people would remember him for.

This boils down to selfishness as Mr. Lubitz didn't want to end his life alone by himself and chose the method of crashing an airplane in the mountains by taking more people with him by believing this would become newsworthy and spread around the globe.

Mr. Lubitz had to felt like a 'nobody ' to feel the only way to be remember
was by committing mass murder . Maybe he felt if he could not enjoy his life
other people did not have a right to live. I hope he rot in HELL! A lot of people refuses to pay attention to the numerous red flags he was waving around! I really feel his doctor should told someone Mr. Lubitz "was not fit
to fly" the day of the crash .

Mr. Lubitz had to felt like a 'nobody ' to feel the only way to be remember
was by committing mass murder . Maybe he felt if he could not enjoy his life
other people did not have a right to live. I hope he rot in HELL! A lot of people refuses to pay attention to the numerous red flags he was waving around! I really feel his doctor should told someone Mr. Lubitz "was not fit
to fly" the day of the crash .

Mr. Lubitz chose to go out in a blaze of "glory" by crashing the aircraft at a speed of approximately 430 mph killing 149 others.

I think people were aware of his depression, but you know how people can be deceiving by stating they are all right and pass psychological exams. In the news, it said, "A Lufthansa spokesperson told CNN on Tuesday that Lubitz had a valid medical certificate, had passed all his examinations and held all the licenses required."

Kai, I am not glorifying our ancestors. I was simply saying there were more morals and values back then as people were parenting children the right way in which they had love and care for others. In today's society, people are not raising children right in which children are left to themselves and they turn to drugs, alcohol, sex, and so on. As a result, they don't know right from wrong. They don't know how to love people properly.

I don't know how far back you're including "ancestors" but since the beginning of society there have been moral problems.

I was just presenting the picture of today's society. . .

Mr. Lubitz is just one example of why more and more people are turning to medication to supposedly "cure" their depression and the like. Medication is not ever an answer to battling depression and the like. Medication can cause more harm than good to the mind.
We have no evidence of Lubitz's childhood or what kind of parenting he received. We don't know what he was taught about right and wrong. We don't yet know the full nature of his depression, whether or not it was a chemical imbalance or part of some other clinical condition.

Bottom line is, he was sane enough to plot this heinous crime (premeditation), he knew he was doing wrong (hiding his doctor shopping shows consciousness of guilt of right and wrong), and he calmly did the deed (no struggling conscious).

Depending on the source of the depression, sometimes medication is the solution. In fact, some of the behavior problems occur when patients go off their medications.

Since Lubitz was doctor shopping he probably was over-medicating and self-medicating.

I don't know how far back you're including "ancestors" but since the beginning of society there have been moral problems.

We have no evidence of Lubitz's childhood or what kind of parenting he received. We don't know what he was taught about right and wrong. We don't yet know the full nature of his depression, whether or not it was a chemical imbalance or part of some other clinical condition.

Bottom line is, he was sane enough to plot this heinous crime (premeditation), he knew he was doing wrong (hiding his doctor shopping shows consciousness of guilt of right and wrong), and he calmly did the deed (no struggling conscious).

Depending on the source of the depression, sometimes medication is the solution. In fact, some of the behavior problems occur when patients go off their medications.

Since Lubitz was doctor shopping he probably was over-medicating and self-medicating.

Yes, since the beginning of society, there has been moral problems and this goes back to parenting and parents working to better themselves. It is just that society as a whole has gotten worse as there are more and more people roaming on the face of the earth having not many morals and values.

At this juncture, I am sure people are trying to gather information about Mr. Lubitz and his childhood. In one article, it said, "But Lubitz, an avid runner with a passion for aviation, seemed normal when her daughter saw him just before Christmas, she said, adding that he was a 'lovely boy' with a 'good family background.'" So hence, at this time, his childhood is shrouded in mystery as it yet has to be defined how good of a family background he had.

I just believe that Mr. Lubitz himself made a conscious decision to turn to medication to "cure" his depression, but this turned out for the worse. Yes, I believe he was sane enough to be aware of his heinous crime and sin of premeditated murder. Data from one of the black box showed that Mr. Lubitz was breathing, but not answering the frantic actions of the pilot when he was attempting to break down the cockpit door. He was aware of all the actions he made, including pressing the button to make the plane descend. It was said by an airline expert that the button that controls the descending cannot be pressed if the body was slumped over the control as it has to be deliberately pushed.

Yes, problems can occur when people are off their medication because there was a chemical imbalance to begin with and it spirals out of control when there is no medication to revert it to its original chemical imbalance.

Kai, I am not glorifying our ancestors. I was simply saying there were more morals and values back then as people were parenting children the right way in which they had love and care for others. In today's society, people are not raising children right in which children are left to themselves and they turn to drugs, alcohol, sex, and so on. As a result, they don't know right from wrong. They don't know how to love people properly.

I was just presenting the picture of today's society. People have turned to medication to answer problems and alcohol to supposedly wash away their problems. Parents will put their children on medication because they cannot control them. Parents instead of parenting their children set them in front of a TV. People who watch TV become idle minded and just enjoy being entertained. The minds of children collectively in this world has become idle. They are not educated by their parents on what is right and wrong, how to deal with things properly, how to use their minds properly, how to love, and so on. They are instead educated by TV and the wrong friends they have and consequently, they don't know how to love and care for others in the right manner.

Mr. Lubitz is just one example of why more and more people are turning to medication to supposedly "cure" their depression and the like. Medication is not ever an answer to battling depression and the like. Medication can cause more harm than good to the mind.
Back when? Your generalizing, there wasnt more morals just different morals...morals are morals....like all things human they are subject to changea and adaptjon..
Thats natural..
What does parents putting having their kids on medication have to do with this thread? You should start one for that topic, mostly in that topic i agree with you. Your arguments are all over the place. they would.be better more focused..in my opinion.
Right and wrong are just opinions. Its wrong punishible by death to.drink in saudi arabia, where im from its perfectly fine to drink, right and wrong changes with the centuries , and generations...and has nothing much to do with this guy who killed these people...im sure he felt it was very wrong to do, he did it anyway...
Medication is s tool to help, i doubt any medical professional claims it cures depression...but what you offer nothing either...besides.think happy thoughts.which to to you and me who do not suffer from mental illness makes sense..sure...but thats rather like telling someone to out think their cancer.....to those who suffer under mental ilness, its as real and life destroying as cancer...
You cant talk yourself out of it, if you could then your not mentaly ill just normal going through a rought time...like every one.does in life...and will bounce back like we do...those who are suffering under it...need help, thats the very demon about it...

Back when? Your generalizing, there wasnt more morals just different morals...morals are morals....like all things human they are subject to change snd adaptjon..
Thats natural..
What does parents putting having their kids on medication have to do with this thread? You should start one fpr that topic, mostly in that topic i agree with you. Your arguments are all over the place. they woukd.be better more focused..in my opinion.
Right and wrong are just opinions. Its wrong punishible bu death to.drink in saudi arabia, where im from its perfectly fine to drink, right snd wrong chsnges with the centuries , snd generations...and has nothing much to do with thisbguy who killed these people...im sure he felt it wws very wrong to do, he did it anyway...
Medication is s tool to help, i doubt any medical professional clims it cures depression...but what you offer nothinf either...besides.think happy thoughts.which to to you and me who do not suffer from mental ilkness makes sense..sure...but thats rather like telling someone to out think their cancer.....to those who suffer inder mental ilness, its as real and life destroying as cancer...
You cant talk yourself out of it, if you coukd then your not mentaly just normal goinf thiufh a rought time...and will bounce back like we do...those who sre suffering under it...need help, thsts the very demon about it...

I was just stating that in the past (decades and centuries ago) more people had morals and values. Today, not many people have morals and values. Change is inevitable, but the world is changing for the worse, NOT the better.

There always has been heavy debacles on what is right and wrong. However, there are a lot of things that are black and white. Murder is wrong no matter how it is done in any shape, way, or form.

Medication can help greatly such as aspirin and so on, but they should not ever be abused. Also, one doesn't need medication to battle or attempt to cure depression. It is ALL in how one perceives life. One doesn't need medication to turn from a pessimist into an optimist like I have stated in an earlier comment.

Yes, there's mental illnesses, but it goes back to how one took care of his/her mind. I stated before that there are drugs out there that can alter the mind in a horrible way in which the person will not ever function normally again.

Yes, since the beginning of society, there has been moral problems and this goes back to parenting and parents working to better themselves. It is just that society as a whole has gotten worse as there are more and more people roaming on the face of the earth having not many morals and values.

At this juncture, I am sure people are trying to gather information about Mr. Lubitz and his childhood. In one article, it said, "But Lubitz, an avid runner with a passion for aviation, seemed normal when her daughter saw him just before Christmas, she said, adding that he was a 'lovely boy' with a 'good family background.'" So hence, at this time, his childhood is shrouded in mystery as it yet has to be defined how good of a family background he had.

I just believe that Mr. Lubitz himself made a conscious decision to turn to medication to "cure" his depression, but this turned out for the worse. Yes, I believe he was sane enough to be aware of his heinous crime and sin of premeditated murder. Data from one of the black box showed that Mr. Lubitz was breathing, but not answering the frantic actions of the pilot when he was attempting to break down the cockpit door. He was aware of all the actions he made, including pressing the button to make the plane descend. It was said by an airline expert that the button that controls the descending cannot be pressed if the body was slumped over the control as it has to be deliberately pushed.

Yes, problems can occur when people are off their medication because there was a chemical imbalance to begin with and it spirals out of control when there is no medication to revert it to its original chemical imbalance.

What medication did he turn to to solve his plms?
Until you know.that your just assuming...which just shows you Have an alresdy closed argument to suit your agenda...
Maybe.he came.across some guy on rhe net who told him all he hwd to do was snap his fingers and.think happy thoughts...
Maybe he stopped his meds.due to listing to to quack like that....
Mmm
Then i guess finger snapoing and hsppy thoughts just dont work every time does it?

I agree 110 % with everything you said here Reba! And this I why I feel
this is a crime and if the co pilot by some miracle had lived he should had gotten the death sentence 149 times!

You do realize that even when some people have perfect parents and home environment they can "go bad"?

There are also people who have horrendous childhoods and they turn out fine.

Despite everything, we are responsible for our actions, and that includes Lubitz, which is the focus of this thread. We don't know anything about his upbringing. We also don't know what meds he was on or what his condition was.

The ills of all society are beyond the scope of this thread.

I was just stating that in the past (decades and centuries ago) more people had morals and values. Today, not many people have morals and values. Change is inevitable, but the world is changing for the worse, NOT the better.

There always has been heavy debacles on what is right and wrong. However, there are a lot of things that are black and white. Murder is wrong no matter how it is done in any shape, way, or form.

Medication can help greatly such as aspirin and so on, but they should not ever be abused. Also, one doesn't need medication to battle or attempt to cure depression. It is ALL in how one perceives life. One doesn't need medication to turn from a pessimist into an optimist like I have stated in an earlier comment.

Yes, there's mental illnesses, but it goes back to how one took care of his/her mind. I stated before that there are drugs out there that can alter the mind in a horrible way in which the person will not ever function normally again.

Your viewing the past through rose colored glasses..and they are rather smeared..when? are you talking about neros rome? The past is a long long time....
People are people. There was never a utopia and never will be.are you talking about the founding of america, and genociDe of natives? Very moral i grant you that....so on...
Look.
Prostition is the oldest profession pal...that should tell you something...
Murder is always wrong but killing another isnt. killing is the act. Murder is determined. Due to motive.
As for snapping fingers and thinking happy thoughts and being an optimist...look at this guy..he was disciplined..he was a professional, he had his dream job, he onwed a house, had a girlfriend, ran in marothons...if anything he looks to be rather the optimist you keep dreaming about...
He doesnt come scross as a pessimist does he?

Your viewing the past through rose colored glasses..and they are rather smeared..when? are you talking about neros rome? The past is a long long time....
People are people. There was never a utopia and never will be.are you talking about the founding of america, and genociDe of natives? Very moral i grant you that....so on...
Look.
Prostition is the oldest profession pal...that should tell you something...
Murder is always wrong but killing another isnt. killing is the act. Murder is determined. Due to motive.
As for snapping fingers and thinking happy thoughts and being an optimist...look at this guy..he was disciplined..he was a professional, he had his dream job, he onwed a house, had a girlfriend, ran in marothons...if anything he looks to be rather the optimist you keep dreaming about...
He doesnt come scross as a pessimist does he?

I am not viewing the past through rose colored glasses. It is pretty obvious if one looks hard enough.

People weren't born to be evil people as committing evil is always a choice. Prostitution is not the oldest profession (I don't see how this relates to the thread anyway).

Keep in mind that looks CAN be deceiving. One can don on a mask as to show people he/she is very happy in life, but inwardly in that person's mind he/she is struggling heavily with life and having suicidal thoughts. There have been plenty of cases of people having a great job, owning a house, having a family, and so on, but behind closed doors, they had been taking antidepressants without anyone close to him (minus the doctor) knowing of this.

Men are not the type to express their problems as they want to be macho and seem like they have everything under control. They may secretly take medication and act seem as if everything was going smoothly in their life.

I suggest you to read this article: Mr Lubitz and Medication.

This article states that he was on antidepressants. Antidepressants can be mind-altering drugs! He was also seeking psychiatric and medical help from doctors.

It's much more than just having happy thoughts to turn from a pessimist to an optimist in order to quell those suicidal thoughts.

There is no way he would have survived the crash.

Reba, if the child has two near-perfect parents then the home environment will be great for the child. This doesn't mean the child will go on to grow up and enter the big bad world and function as a law abiding citizen because there is always the possibility the child can become an adult and make serious blunders in life by associating with the wrong group of people, getting involved in things the now adult shouldn't get into, etc.

Yes, some children have had horrendous childhoods and turned out fine. That's because they grew up and pulled themselves away from that bad environment and set themselves on the right path to success.

What I am trying to focus concerning Mr. Lubitz is how he chose to do this heinous crime and how this also speaks for the rest of the world when people turn to medication that are mind-altering.

Thank you for the link. The plm is starts rather early...a couple of sentences into the frist paragraph..when it claims this was caused od as they say was the induced by anti depressents...
if that is true. where is free will and choice? If anything your argumwnts are making lubitz one of the victims..if these chemicals so alter the mind as you argue, what becomes of his choice?
these medications actually help millions of people, every day..how many of those millions do deads like this?
Look at rhe numbers...all you are doing is making sweeping claims...with no valid data to back you. You dont even know the exact medication he was on or not on. Your link certainly didnt

I am not viewing the past through rose colored glasses. It is pretty obvious if one looks hard enough.

People weren't born to be evil people as committing evil is always a choice. Prostitution is not the oldest profession (I don't see how this relates to the thread anyway).

Keep in mind that looks CAN be deceiving. One can don on a mask as to show people he/she is very happy in life, but inwardly in that person's mind he/she is struggling heavily with life and having suicidal thoughts. There have been plenty of cases of people having a great job, owning a house, having a family, and so on, but behind closed doors, they had been taking antidepressants without anyone close to him (minus the doctor) knowing of this.

Men are not the type to express their problems as they want to be macho and seem like they have everything under control. They may secretly take medication and act seem as if everything was going smoothly in their life.

Considering your talking of morals, and i asumed (maybe im.wrong) your a christian and hence would be morally opposed to prostition..i think its relavent..as we have rather old data regarding prostitution...sO
If prostitution isnt the oldest profession. And the most wide spread, eveey cuktude seems to have had a form of it....as long as somethinf coukd be used ro trads...im curious...what profession is oLder?
Cite exampes, and finds...

Thank you for the link. The plm is starts starts rather early...a couple of sentences into the frist paragraph..whenbit cksims this was caused oe as they say was the induced by anti depressents...
if that is true. where is free will and choice? If anything your argumwnts are making lubitz one of the victims..if these chemicals so alter the mind as you argue, what becomes of his choice?
these medications actually help millions of people, every day..how many of those millions do deads like this?
Look at rhe numbers...all you are doing is making sweeping claims...with no vakod data to back you. You dont even know the exacf medication he was on or not on. Your link certainly didnt

You are welcome! There's the free will and choice to decide what you want to put into your body. Mr. Lubitz made a choice by taking those antidepressants.

My point is simply that when people willfully choose to abuse medication and be on mind-altering drugs, they are taking a risk where they can harm themselves and others.

Medication is just a band-aid when people just need to get to the real root of the problem(s).

Medication is just a band-aid when people just need to get to the real root of the problem(s).

For someone who preaches respect and love ALL MEN, you have no respect or love for people who suffer from depression.

Yes, I have suffered from depression. I first sought talk therapy but then requested anti-depressants because my depression was a chemical imbalance and all the talk in the world would not make my chemicals balanced. My 1st episode of depression started when I woke up from a nap with a black cloud over my mood. Prior to that I was a happy person. Explain how that is something environmental. Thankfully the cause of my chemical imbalance only occurred twice and will not occur again.

And just like any other medications, sometimes you have to try different anti-depressants to find the one that works for you.

You are welcome! There's the free will and choice to decide what you want to put into your body. Mr. Lubitz made a choice by taking those antidepressants.

My point is simply that when people willfully choose to abuse medication and be on mind-altering drugs, they are taking a risk where they can harm themselves and others.

You dont know he was abusing his meds..all we know is this...he was suffering.under an illness and he sought help...he went to doctors...they treated him...
Ok..so far this is good...this is responsble...what we dont know is what happend next...his dsmise...so on...your blaming.people.that tried to help hm by treatment that didnt wodk, or he didnt actually do...we dont know the details...
It is a fact he sought help for an affliction....and he recieved help from mulriple doctors..thats what we know...
So far..
You then use the above and blanket all medications and ill moral society....so on so forth....which doenst cut it..

For someone who preaches respect and love ALL MEN, you have no respect or love for people who suffer from depression.

Yes, I have suffered from depression. I first sought talk therapy but then requested anti-depressants because my depression was a chemical imbalance and all the talk in the world would not make my chemicals balanced. My 1st episode of depression started when I woke up from a nap with a black cloud over my mood. Prior to that I was a happy person. Explain how that is something environmental. Thankfully the cause of my chemical imbalance only occurred twice and will not occur again.

And just like any other medications, sometimes you have to try different anti-depressants to find the one that works for you.

Don't jump to conclusions here! I did not say I don't love or respect people who suffer from depression. It is just that if people want to turn to antidepressants, this is not the best way to handle depression. It is all how one perceives life. There are many reasons why people are depressed. If a person is depressed over something, then all the person needs to do is do something about it, not turn to medication!

You dont know he was abusing his meds..all we know it this...he was suffering.under an illness and he sought help...he went to doctors...they trested him...
Ok..so fsr this is good...this is responisble...what we sont know is what happend next...his dsmise...so on...your blaming.people.that tried to help hm by trestment thay didnt eork, or he didnt actualky do...we dont know the details...
It is a fact he sought help for an affliction....and he recieved help from mulriple docrors...thats what we know...
So far..
You then use the above and blanket all mesixwtions and ill moral society....so on so forth....which doenst cut it..

Oh, I am fairly certain he abused his medication. Yes, he did seek help from doctors, but the doctors were wrong to give him prescriptions for antidepressants and so on because medication is not the answer to things. Like I said in an earlier comment, medication is nothing more than a band-aid as people have to get to the real root of the problem(s).

Too many doctors have their patients turn to medication and this is a result of what we have today in our society.

Back