airbrush

OhioCincinn

Reaction score
I was thinking about taking an airbrushing class. Because i love the look of airbrushed stuff but do i have to have artistic abilities to be able to airbrush...? I'm not try to make protraits i want to make the t-shirts and hats...etc.the teacher said no but they just want the money for my attendence.

I've taken an airbrush class here at RIT. Yes, I had to give them $80 as deposit for using their airbrush. I had to take good care of it and have it returned by the end of the quarter. I did that, and got my $80 back.

As for the class itself, it was easy. We started with learning how to use the airbrush. We then moved on with simple stuff like dots. lines. circles, etc. We then moved on to gradients, edging, in-out edging, etc. We finally were assigned an art project which we had to create something that uses airbrush painting. I repainted a South Park "World Is Not Enough" spoof. A friend of mine painted his Robotech 12-inch figurine. One guy in my class painted a picture of U-51. Another guy painted a t-shirt design with the nose-picking boy from Simpsons. Finally, one guy did a realy good job of painting a naked woman... and yes, it looked almost real. Many of us got an A in the course.

VamPyroX said:
I've taken an airbrush class here at RIT. Yes, I had to give them $80 as deposit for using their airbrush. I had to take good care of it and have it returned by the end of the quarter. I did that, and got my $80 back.

As for the class itself, it was easy. We started with learning how to use the airbrush. We then moved on with simple stuff like dots. lines. circles, etc. We then moved on to gradients, edging, in-out edging, etc. We finally were assigned an art project which we had to create something that uses airbrush painting. I repainted a South Park "World Is Not Enough" spoof. A friend of mine painted his Robotech 12-inch figurine. One guy in my class painted a picture of U-51. Another guy painted a t-shirt design with the nose-picking boy from Simpsons. Finally, one guy did a realy good job of painting a naked woman... and yes, it looked almost real. Many of us got an A in the course.

Wow, Vampy! :D I took art classes myself at the local Junior College and really enjoyed learning tips from that class. It wasn't airbrush painting, but normal painting and drawing course.
Hopefully, in the near future when I am able to afford going back to school -- I'll be signing up for a minor in Art. ;)

I would love to airbrush one day... I only use the art as drawing and painting.... no airbrush yet. I am trying look for that class.

I would love to learn but cant right now, gotta wait someday like when i no longer work..my son knows how so maybe he will teach me, i hope. If not, i will find a class in that.

Back