AIM for Windows Mobile

deafclimber

Reaction score
AIM is now available for any Windows Mobile.

i tested that beta on my at&t tilt. it is not bad... little bit slower. it runs a flash motion program which is a nice one !

AIM-20080623_092229.jpg

AIM-20080623_092241.jpg

AIM-20080623_092257.jpg

Wow, jealous of WM6, it gonna be best OS for mobile in the world.

Hooray to Bill Gates

j/k

:D at paceman... bill gate is no longer a helm in Microsoft and he is focusing into his own charity.

back to subject: btw there is no vibration in that program yet. it did show in its setting, but not activited yet. remmy it is beta. i am sure it ll come up soon....

:D at paceman... bill gate is no longer a helm in Microsoft and he is focusing into his own charity.

back to subject: btw there is no vibration in that program yet. it did show in its setting, but not activited yet. remmy it is beta. i am sure it ll come up soon....

he's still chairman of Microsoft. the only difference is that he won't have to deal with matters like court lawsuits, PR, etc - he sucks at it and it drains the life out of him.

Same here, you aren't alone about slower to run, I loaded it and it slower when scroll down the buddies list.

Does AIM use SMS or data? make sure...

Will beta cause a virus ? Just wonderin' .....

I do have AT&T Tilt of my own, too. Gotta love it ! :D

Oh, I have another question : How about Relay Service ( Instant Messenger ) for AT&T Tilt ?

Last edited:

Not really. Beta is just new software for people to test for compability issues before releasing as a final to work better for many people.

Not really. Beta is just new software for people to test for compability issues before releasing as a final to work better for many people.

I don't need it. I now use BeeJive IM into my ATT tilt.

Same here, you aren't alone about slower to run, I loaded it and it slower when scroll down the buddies list.

Does AIM use SMS or data? make sure...

yes AIM is little bit slower, but they said they r working on that issue. wait and see... but it is good though... my big plm with that is battery. it drains the batter quicker. do u have that issue ? beejive IM is worse ! i wud say 2 or 3 times quicker but i really love that. i had some talks with ppl in beejive forum. they say they have same battery issue with beejive. they are working..

remmy both AIM and BeeJive are beta.... i m sure they will be improved next few wk or month.

back to pacman's question - no they are used on data plan. that is what AIM's FAQ says.

Oh, I have another question : How about Relay Service ( Instant Messenger ) for AT&T Tilt ?

beta can be a bug, but not virus. for instance, my wife has at&t tilt too and it doesnt work with beejiveIM even my at&t tilt works just fine with BeejiveIM. i am still working on that plm. I have talked with ppl in Beejive Forum. again they say they are working on that issue so i put AIM on her at&t tilt so it works fine. Maria, you can try to download it on it and see if it works or not....

i find AIM that keeps being disconnected and reconnected often. i think BeeJiveIM is better bec it has not been disconnected and reconnected often unlike AIM or Agile Messeger on mobile.

Relay Service in IM - you can add "HOVRSIM" or "IPRELAY" or your favorite relay service own SCR name in there. it works fine on any mobile

yes AIM is little bit slower, but they said they r working on that issue. wait and see... but it is good though... my big plm with that is battery. it drains the batter quicker. do u have that issue ? beejive IM is worse ! i wud say 2 or 3 times quicker but i really love that. i had some talks with ppl in beejive forum. they say they have same battery issue with beejive. they are working..

remmy both AIM and BeeJive are beta.... i m sure they will be improved next few wk or month.

back to pacman's question - no they are used on data plan. that is what AIM's FAQ says.

Yes, I m too about battery drain quickly. I have two AC adapters for home and work. I left my Tilt with one of them on my work s desk.

I forgot to tell. I have lots of my AIM buddies online and few MSN buddies online into it. Aim is worse in battery drain than MSN

beta can be a bug, but not virus. for instance, my wife has at&t tilt too and it doesnt work with beejiveIM even my at&t tilt works just fine with BeejiveIM. i am still working on that plm. I have talked with ppl in Beejive Forum. again they say they are working on that issue so i put AIM on her at&t tilt so it works fine. Maria, you can try to download it on it and see if it works or not....

You try to download update BeeJive software into your wife's tilt.

i find AIM that keeps being disconnected and reconnected often. i think BeeJiveIM is better bec it has not been disconnected and reconnected often unlike AIM or Agile Messeger on mobile.

Relay Service in IM - you can add "HOVRSIM" or "IPRELAY" or your favorite relay service own SCR name in there. it works fine on any mobile

yes. I work for HOVRS. Add i711 into your mobile. I use three of them.

Yes, I m too about battery drain quickly. I have two AC adapters for home and work. I left my Tilt with one of them on my work s desk.

I forgot to tell. I have lots of my AIM buddies online and few MSN buddies online into it. Aim is worse in battery drain than MSN

yea same with me.. usb and battery charger are always left in my office... i use MyMobiler while my Tilt is charged. lol.

check Windows Mobile - My Mobile - free download

you can see your mobile's screen on your PC. when an email comes upon you mobile , you can read that on my mobiler and you can type... you can drag n drop pictures or downloads from PC to mobile through MyMobiler so you dont bother your mobile. my mobiler accepts bluetooth or USB. i use bluetooth more often. it rocks !

Beta versions of programs and software are in their testing stages. There are bound to be bugs and glitches.

AIM for Windows Mobile

I see that it has new beta version with save feature..

I am hoping this save feature will find the way into AIM Client for iPhone soon... (they had another update out today: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=281704574&mt=8 but no mention of save feature)

EDIT: Oh never mind... it meant to say that any open conversation are saved before exiting the application. AIM for iPhone already have that feature. So both don't have the feature to save conversation to a separate file that can be synched to desktop. I mean I want to save them before closing them.

AIM for Windows Mobile

I see that it has new beta version with save feature..

I am hoping this save feature will find the way into AIM Client for iPhone soon... (they had another update out today: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=281704574&mt=8 but no mention of save feature)

Sure, thanks...

*updating* then *installing* then done!!!

Still no wide keyboard? I want use keyboard on AIM in horizontal mode, it make keyboard so widely.

Back