Aid/FM programming?

ryancher

Reaction score
So, we got Tyler his new Naida UP hearing aid yesterday - long story short, we got the actual UP's a couple weeks ago but there was something wrong with his right one... so we sent it away to get fixed. Well it came in and we picked it up yesterday. We also had a new ear impression mold done as it's doing a bit of squealing even with the feedback minimizer on.

So, we get home and all is well - other than some feedback - I hook him to the Smartlink+ FM system and his right aid doesn't work with the fm (only mic).

I tried everything I knew programming, syncing, changing channels... but nothing worked. The left aid works great with the FM but the right aid nothing.

So, I called the dispenser who does gave it to us but she has yet to call us back.

My question, is there something that needs to be programmed on the actual aid from their end? I'm quite ticked as the office is over 30 mins away and in the snowbelt - not to mention I've made several trips already due to problems from their end.

Yes the fm has to be enabled...it may have been enabled before it got sent out for repair and maybe phonak reset everything or changed the inside parts so it prob needs to be reprogrammed and fm setting turned on ..this has happened to me before and I had to go back to my ha place and get it put back on

Assuming that Tyler uses receivers which attach to his hearing aids, the audi will have to programme the aids to accept direct audio input. Unless this is done it will not work with the smartlink. Sounds to me as though this has not been done on the aid with which you are having problems.

When I go to have my hearing aids adjusted etc. I take my smartlink with me and try it before leaving the place, just to check that the settings haven't been interfered with.

Unfortunately you will have to return to the audi to get Tyler's aid set up to use direct audio input, and therefore his fm system.

That's what I was thinking... damn...

Thanks for your replies!

I'd recommend bringing ALL his stuff with you when you go as well so that you can make sure it's all working!!

(Anytime I have anything adjusted I make sure to bring in anything that I have that works with the HA like DAI stuff etc - just so I can make sure that everything is working BEFORE I leave the office)

Okay... so we go to the dispenser again to activate the FM portion in Tyler's repaired aid... and she tells me it's already done ???

So... why would the aid not work with the FM if it's activated? The left ear works and the right ear works as well before I sent it away to get repaird.

Please help! The dispenser is stumped and I don't like the idea of not being able to use the FM - it cost a lot of money.

Okay... so we go to the dispenser again to activate the FM portion in Tyler's repaired aid... and she tells me it's already done ???

So... why would the aid not work with the FM if it's activated? The left ear works and the right ear works as well before I sent it away to get repaird.

Please help! The dispenser is stumped and I don't like the idea of not being able to use the FM - it cost a lot of money.

2 year warranty. They should replace it for you.

Yes but is it the aid or the FM? I have no idea?

The FM works with the left ear - just not the right.

It makes no sense? If the fm was broken neither would work. And if it was the aid why does it work normally on mic?

maybe it might be a minor defect?
if so, try swapping for another smartlink or something

I only come in with a FM that is clean and defect-free :)

I bet its the boot for the fm and not the actual fm or the aid..this has happened to me as well and phonak replaced it for me

Alicia could well be right, this has happened to me too. Sometimes I've had to take the audio shoe (boot) on and off several times before it connects with the HA.

My gut was telling me it was the boot too... we have to leave it now for the holidays as everything is closed. But I'm going to look into sending the boot away to get replaced. I'm just getting annoyed with these UP's - it has been one problem after another.

That's a naida thing ive been lucky-ish..I've had only 2 sets but I think jenny has gone thur like 5 or 6 sets of naidas

Back