Ahhh, finally...

DeafMom22

Reaction score
After registering twice, the third time is the charm. I'm Karen, a deaf mom from the Chicago area with three deaf and hard of hearing kiddos. I'm looking forward to reading more here!

Welcome to AD! :wave:

Hope you will enjoy this site. :)

Hi there,

Welcome to Alldeaf and enjoy your stay here :) ..

Welcome............I'm from Chicago and in Florida but selling the house and hope to be back there soon. Enjoy your time here in AD.

Hey Karen! I thought that was you! I "know you from Hands and Voices and the parentdeaf-hh listserv! Welcome! BTW, the Hands and Voices msgboard seems to have forgotten my user name so I haven't been over there too much grrrrrrrrr..............

Hi and welcome, I am a newbie here too but love it so far. Trying to find my way around still lol.

Glad to find a Mom of deaf/HH kinda like me

Wow 3 kids HOH. do they wear aids? My boy is 17 and besides being deaf he has ADHD and Aspergers syndrome(like hi functioning autism), Plus we just found out a couple of months ago that his scoliosis is quite bad and he needs surgery, rods put in his back. He is my youngest so it is hard not to baby him in the first place, he is my baby even though he also drives me nuts sometimes. Were it not for his Dad I know he would not be home anymore.

How do you cope? Of course it sounds to me like they wear their aids. My son threw his away at age 11 and said they did not help. And he has always liked ASL so we went with that. But at times it is hard being the hearing parents of a deaf child. I have always said that he is like raising deaf twins or triplets because he is such a mixed bag and complicated individual.

But it is difficult for me also because I have MS, and Fibromyalgia and depression and many other health problems to deal with myself.

When he is good he is very good but when he is bad he is very bad.

How about you?

Back