Ahh... Bit the bullet

girlingrey

Reaction score
So, after much deliberation, late night intensive review-readings, and lots of hesitation... I finally pulled out the old visa gift card and bought the iLuv Dual Alarm Clock w. Bed Shaker/iPod Dock.
I'm planning for this thing to last me the next 6 years, especially for work/college :D I'm excited for this to arrive, honestly. My own alarm clock only occasionally wakes me up, mostly waking up everyone else until they either rip the cord out or wake me up long enough to turn the alarm off :D
I'm hoping this bed shaker will motivate me. I have a friend (hearing) who has the same one, and says it gets her outta bed, quickly.
Idk, a lot of money to spend on an alarm clock....
better last!
I'll let you guys know how it is when it arrives :D

A bit off topic:
I've been thinking of getting an ipod (touch) ... can you hear it well at all or do you just have for apps, games wi-fi, videos etc?

I have a Sonic Boom Alarm clock that I LOVE - I've had it for 10years and it still works just like new!

A bit off topic:
I've been thinking of getting an ipod (touch) ... can you hear it well at all or do you just have for apps, games wi-fi, videos etc?

I have a Sonic Boom Alarm clock that I LOVE - I've had it for 10years and it still works just like new!

Yes, you can use iPod touch for email, game, video, IM, internet, etc thru WIFI.

I have an old iPod nano, which I can hear when it decides to work :D lso, if you use ci's or h-aids, you can plug it in. I don't know if I'll beusing the iPod function on it much, though.

OH - ok - I asked only because the Sonic Alert Sonic Boom is especially designed to work for Hoh/deaf who rely on the shaker (which is VERY strong) or VERY loud buzzer (it has tone adjustment to suit hearing range as well as volume) and has an option to connect to lights for visual signaller as well. Sonic Boom also has models that are receivers for any other sonic Alert devices you may have, or get in the future (phone/VRS, doorbell, babycry/general sound signaller etc).

You can also get a model that has AM/FM radio if you want to listen to music.

I've had my Sonic Boom at least 10 years (maybe more, I can't remember!) and everything works FANTASTIC still.

It is a little more money - however it's a very "well built" unit .... so if the item you ordered doesn't work out, look into getting a Sonic Boom :)

Here's a direct link to the various Sonic Alert alarm clocks

SonicAlert.com

audio exploit

Just an fyi...

I use a Boostaroo with my iphone for audio -- it works great and boosts audio amplification by 2x... of course, you go through headphones 2x quicker...

The boostaroo works on any device that supports the standard mini-jack...

8 ohm headphones - approximately 40 mW per channel, 12 dB gain in sound per channel. Or 100% boost in volume
16 ohm headphones, approximately 32.5 mW per channel, 12 dB gain in sound per channel
25 ohm headphones: approximately 28.5 mW per channel, 11.1 dB gain in sound per channel
32 ohm headphones: approximately 23.7 mW per channel, 10.9 dB gain in sound per channel

Just an fyi...

I use a Boostaroo with my iphone for audio -- it works great and boosts audio amplification by 2x... of course, you go through headphones 2x quicker...

The boostaroo works on any device that supports the standard mini-jack...

Wow - you know that a bunch of hearing people are going to get things like that, crank them until it's maxed and then wonder, 8years later why the heck they are hoh and need hearing aids !

These are GREAT products for Hoh though :)

I just got my Sonic Boom Alarm clock a month ago and I love it. I can never her an alarm anymore, so I rely of the bed shaker. Hubby loves it as well, but I set it for my wakeup time, not his. :giggle:

Back